Goodbye Jesus

Definition of Sin

Ouroboros

I'm not sure what the definition is, but I do think the concept of sin and god's supposed holiness that causes a christian to be trapped in a vicious circle. I think it's ironic that you are promised freedom in christ only to find out that you end up in a never ending obsession with sin. Did I sin today? Oops, that was a sin. I'm so sorry for sinning against you god. I didn't mean to have that thought. Why did I say that? Why do I think that way? Why do I always do what I know I shouldn't do? Please forgive me. Please help me to be pure and consecrated in you Jesus. Damn!, I mean oops! I did it again.

And what's up with god's prissiness some call holiness? He must be the most boring prude you never want to meet. I mean we are not talking murder and mayhem here. He can't even stand to be in the same room with a masturbator without christ's blood dripping all over the poor sap. Come on god, grow up!

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Savedbyfaith

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

• crazy-tiger

"Sin" is a hideously myopic term referring to one ideology's desire to extinguish all perspectives and behaviour which exist outside of or in opposition to it. It is just another manner in which Christian ideology maintains its own significance; by allowing its adherents to regard certain perspectives and activities as "unclean", therefore enhancing said adherent's sense of self worth since they are inherently superior to those committing or complicit in the unclean act. In other words, "sin" is simply an illegitimate means of enhancing one's own sense of self worth; via the provision of a proscribed behavioural and perceptual template via which one can measure one's actions, rather than taking the more intellectually genuine road of arriving at one's perspectives and the means by which one conducts one's self via a process of experience and individual contemplation.

Even thoughts are sins.

I like the church sign that someone put up here.

It goes something like this:

Go Ahead - think of a sin.

Ha Ha - you just sinned.

Sucker.

Guest Roamin' Lion

What I learned in my studies of scripture when I did scholarly study was this: Sin is like when you shoot and arrow at a target, and it does not get there, or it misses the mark.

That is really pretty simple. What I cannot get is the Christian concept that one must do something in order to be saved, when the whole jist of the NT was that God was never separated from the creation and that he/she/they were not angry with man....there was no separation.

Sin, from what I can gather is really less a hell thing, but more of a benchmark thing....an encouragement to do good.

Christians over the centuries has mystified so much of the scripture that they themselves have no idea what the concepts meant to begin with. It is all very straightforward, but scholarship is not their strong suit.

Righteousness=Charity

Pure of Heart=Honesty

Sin=Falling short of the intended mark

Salvation=Introspective, aware, loving, in touch with others

Almost none of this has to do with heaven or hell, but with our relationship to others on the planet. It is not so etherial as they wish to make it. It is not about separating a spiritual realm from a physical one. It is about honoring the physical and taking the quality of life for everyone born seriously.

For whatever reason humanity seems to like excluding others and secrets and unattainable goals. Go figure.

I do not think the bible is divine, but even if it were, there are some principles which were fairly easy to understand until the church got hold of them.

What I learned in my studies of scripture when I did scholarly study was this: Sin is like when you shoot and arrow at a target, and it does not get there, or it misses the mark.

That's what I thought too. Sin is just missing the mark. Here's my two cents... Jesus also says that not all sins bring death. There is only one unforgiveable sin. I think the only one that brings death is 'condemnation', and that can present itself in many subtle ways as well. Additionally, Jesus is not imputing our sins against us. Everyone will just have to deal with the repercussions/consequences of their actions, and we all move on together.

Really? Hmmm...and which laws might those be? Many sects believe that the OT Law is still to be carried out: (Jesus: Think NOT that I have come to abolish the law.....)

[sBF] Hello thankful. Thank God that you're here :-) The breach of any law of God is sin. Take the Ten Commandments, which are binding on all men because they are spiritual and moral. Break one of those and you have sinned, you have not only broken that commandment, but the entire law (Jas. 2:10). See how impossible it is NOT to sin? Thank God Jesus died for every time we break those laws.

:lmao: YEAH RIGHT!!!! How Haughty is that statement?

Uh-Oh :nono: , wrong answer....Matthew 5:48 WORDS OF CHRIST IN RED!! 48"Therefore (A)you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

[sBF] Perfect doesn't mean sinless, rather that state where one is brought to completion and perfection in Christ. Phil. 1:6 is a good example: "He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Jesus Christ." Christians, in their walk with the Lord, mature and grow spiritually. Such growth is not without sin, but such sin was paid for on the cross and the Christian confesses and repents of it. The difference between the nonbeliever and believer is that God does not impute guilt to the believer because the righteousness of Christ has been imputed to him through faith (Rom. 3:21,22). Don't look at this as a license to sin, rather a "reckoning of death to sin" (Rom. 6:11) and the responsibilty to resist temptation and mature in your faith.

Isn't Jesus "God" almighty himself? I'm starting a collection in my signature line, perhaps perfect is next.

[sBF] Good point. The believer is "positionally" perfect in Christ because he has been raised and seated with him in the heavenlies (Eph. 2:6). Other verses such as Heb. 10:14 reveal the perfection of those who are being made holy.

Do we have yet another word to be redifined by Christianity?

Oh my, it seems that Paul and Jesus have another little discrepancy here....

[sBF] There is no discrepancy between them. Sometimes it is essential to dig in and find out what some of these words mean. Perfect, in the greek, means more than just sinlessness, or without error. Wholeness, growth, maturity capture the essence of how Jesus used perfect in Matt. 5:48

Matthew 19:16 And someone came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"

17And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." [/color] I see, abosolutely ZERO, request for belief in Jesus here :shrug: However, I do see a request to keep the commandments. Gods PERFECT, FLAWLESS, and JUST commandments in the books of law, Jesus did not come to ABOLISH. Read Psalm 119 and then ask yourself, if God's laws are PERFECT, why would Jesus change them? REMEMBER THEY ARE PERFECT AND EVERLASTING. Or, do we need to redifine PERFECT?

[sBF] You need to understand what else "perfect" means in the greek, as noted above. Notice that Jesus did not say that keeping commandments is the way to eternal life. If that were so, he would be contradicting himself. What Jesus was trying to show the man was that his heart was not right with God because his wealth was his god (19:22). This is why Jesus said it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. He could try to keep all the commandments he wanted, but that wouldn't make him right with God because God wants our hearts, not rigorously trying to keep his laws, which is impossible.

My answer? Jesus didn't, according to the bible, Jesus did not come to do away with Gods PERFECT law, but, Christians don't follow Christ, they choose Pauls easy way.

[sBF] What is Paul's way? Please show me where it is any different than Christ's.

Matthew 19:29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life." You got that right, Christians are violating simple bible laws, by watching movies, tv shows, celebrating pagan holidays and slapping jesus on it, etc. etc.

[sBF] There is nothing wrong with watching TV. But any Christian who watches programming that is immoral is opening his spirit to corrupting influences. This doesn't mean he will lose his salvation, but there will be a fellowship problem with the Lord. The Christian who is being made holy (Heb. 10:14) will not want to watch such evil programming. If I'm watching a movie where I see that sexual behavior is approaching, I switch it off. It is a corrupting influence. I enjoy a good movie and there are lots of wholesome movies by which the Christian can be entertained.

But as far as the unbelivers sinning...Says who? We don't live by your definition of right and wrong,

[sBF] That's right. The only definition is what the word says. Would you not agree? Do you accept the Ten Commandments as examples of what is right and wrong?

we live by the LAWS of the US, NOT the laws of the bible.

[sBF] Law is based on morality, and morality has its foundation in biblical law.

If one violates those laws, they are a lawbreaker of laws humans have set up.

[sBF] That's right. Even civil law convicts us of sin. When you break one of them, you have broken one of God's laws.

Laws against murder were around way before the bible, so it's not like murder and not stealing were a special revelation.

[sBF] God revealed to Cain that murder was a sin. There were no civilizations before Adam and Eve. The same applied to theft. Man's heart hasn't changed since then, there's just more of it.

However, by bible standards, I know many people who have the "fruits" without the aid of the Holy Bible Ghost.

[sBF] Good point. You are right about that. A person can live a moral, upstanding and decent life and be as lost as the devil. "You must be born again to enter the kingdom of God." (John 3:3). "Fruits" without being spiritually reborn have earthly value, but not heavenly.

Talk to me :-)

Saved

So Savedbyfaith,

Is abortion a sin?

If it is, show me the law in the Bible that says so.

Welcome to the site btw :wave:

So Savedbyfaith,

Is abortion a sin?

If it is, show me the law in the Bible that says so.

Welcome to the site btw :wave:

And take into account god ordering his choosen to force abortions and child murder on conquered peoples.

And take into account god ordering his choosen to force abortions and child murder on conquered peoples.

Gof, sorry Glob, breaks his own laws.

He's like the Police that are allowed to speed to catch a speeding car.

Can you be a believer, and sin and go to hell for it?

[sBF] No, because the believers sins have been taken away through repentance and faith in Christ.  But he will sin occasionally.  When he does, he confesses and his sin is forgiven (1 John 1:19).  This cleanses him of all unrighteousness.

so what if he sins again?

he asks for forgiveness again, so he wasn't sorry the first time.

In a novel I read a long time ago, a man kept killing people, but went to confessional every week, and asked for forgiveness and got forgiven.

So by those standards, as long as you ask for forgiveness you can get forgiven. as long as he's a believer that is

One thing that doesn't make sense about Sin, in the meaning that it's breaking the law, is that it does not make any distinction between if you know the law or not.

It's like society, you're obligated to know the law, and if you break it you'll get punished even if you didn't know you broke the law.

Sin works the same way, consider Cain and Abel. Cain was in sin, even though he actually tried his best to please God, God was displeased with Cain and didn't bless him. And this happened a long time before God allegedly ordered Moses to write down the laws.

So consider this in the light of Christians of today, can they be sure they are not committing deadly sins right now, that will guarrantee their eternal punishment in Hell? They can't, and the likelyhood is great that this is the case. Sin and Salvation is just a big Super-Lotto, only a few winners a year, and you never know which number will be right this time...

I don't know if this topic has been up before, I looked but couldn't find one.

What is Sin?

What is the real definition of Sin?

What constitutes as a sinful act?

According to Genesis, A&E sinned by disobeying God. Yet both believed in God, he was physically present, so their sin was not unbelief.

You're right. No doubt they knew who God was. Their sin was of disobediance. There is a theory out there that A&E were incredibly intelligent, utilizing most if not all of their brain cells and that over time the human race has become dumber and dumber. This is connected to the Fall where everything on this earth deteriorates.

And then Cain and Abel, they both knew there was a God, Cain even spoke with God, but God didn't like his offerings. So his sin was that he didn't please God with his grain offerings instead of blood sacrifice. So his sin was not that he didn't believe in God.

I'm not certain he sinned until he killed his brother, only because God asked Cain why he's pouting and warns him that sin is waiting to attack him. There is no indication from the Genesis passage that God preferred meat over veggies. The scripture indicates that it was the manner in which he offered his sacrifice that made it unacceptable. However, I know I have heard a sermon or two proclaiming that God wanted meat and not potatoes

When we get to the NT, now suddenly, it's the un-belief in God that is the sin (Paul - Rom), and/or the sinful acts (James).

I thought the un-belief in God is covered in the 10 Commandment : the false god thing.

So which way is it?

Can you be an unbeliever and never sin, and go to heaven for it?

This kind of go hand in hand with the topic, what you have to do to get saved...

But my question is not what saves you, but what is the true definition of sin, does a real definition even exist?

A believer is always a sinner. I'm not qualified to determine who goes where. According to the bible, there is no such thing as a person who never sins, except the big J.C. of course.

I'm not aware of where the bible says: "Sin is described as the following ..." However, I think it is geniunally understood that sin is the deliberate corruption of the holy nature of God.

I don't know if this topic has been up before, I looked but couldn't find one.

What is Sin?

What is the real definition of Sin?

What constitutes as a sinful act?

According to Genesis, A&E sinned by disobeying God. Yet both believed in God, he was physically present, so their sin was not unbelief.

And then Cain and Abel, they both knew there was a God, Cain even spoke with God, but God didn't like his offerings. So his sin was that he didn't please God with his grain offerings instead of blood sacrifice. So his sin was not that he didn't believe in God.

When we get to the NT, now suddenly, it's the un-belief in God that is the sin (Paul - Rom), and/or the sinful acts (James).

So which way is it?

Can you be an unbeliever and never sin, and go to heaven for it?

This kind of go hand in hand with the topic, what you have to do to get saved...

But my question is not what saves you, but what is the true definition of sin, does a real definition even exist?

Jesus in the Gospels almost rewrote every OT law there was. Gods words through the prophets, in the OT, spoke of how He would not accept sacrifices anymore. He would send One whom we would Hear also.

The OT, is (too me) mostly a histoy book about the life of different people that God influenced, and lead to start His work. Some would say that is wrong of me too think(Christians). Oh well. Its the truth.

If one took the sins from the Ot and integrated them into todays life, it wouldnt be a pretty thing. 1) You would probualy get arrested for killing an animal. 2) We would all be out of jobs(Ha Ha). Seriously, according to the OT laws in regard to there sins and actions taken after there sins, we would be sitting outside for weeks or months.

Really though, most churches try to make the Bible to complicated. Its not. Just read with a few notes in mind. Jesus came because of the Lords peoples sins againist Him. He was the ultimate sacrifice and solution. I know, everone says that. But, its the simple truth, coming from someone that has examined the Bible, and read it as a life story instead of a fortune cookie of sayings.

That is really what happened, from Moses all the way to the failures of the Kings and tribes of Israel in Judah. The prophets would prophecy from God, and they would get rejected and even killed. Yet, here Christians are serving a Lord that came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets, in which even He was prophecied.

Anyhow, from Jesus's teachings and parables, I personally have come to the conclusion that a sin is anything that is not righteouness( up to the Pharasees and scribes standards), and anything that puts distance between someone and God. If selfishness, stubborness, laziness, anger, sexual desires, or any type thing comes around, flee from it. He already said in Genesis that we should overcome it.

I have had the smallest things, such as this computer, to the largest things such as addictions( which I have overcome) or tragic events come in the way of my personall worship( Yes, I worship God " literally" and praise Him "from the heart", and hope to have the honor to be His servant).

I think ultimately, most people that are currently Christians, or former Christians have issues with selfishness(Everyone guilty),death, and pride. I believe that if these issues could be talked about and understood from Gods eye, then sin wouldnt be much more of a problem.

This might be a silly question, but I've got to ask it...

If Jesus brought this "new covenent" that supplanted the old one, why do Christians insist that we should still obey some of the laws from the "old covenent"?

Becuase it's a convient way to persecute people of course.

Most don't, except the tithing that is. :wicked:

And was tithing really part of the law? I don't remember...

Wasn't it just something one of the prophets kind of demanded, or was it really required by the people to pay 1/10 to the churhc?

Hello and Welcome! You mean the 9 commandments? Unless of course you are a Messianic Observant Jew, Church of God member, 7th Day Adventist or 7th Day Baptist or similiar TRUE sabbath observant Christian. BTW... Contrary to mainstream Christian belief if you break ANY of the OT Laws you have broken them all, not just the 10. However, the OT doesn't require the gentiles to follow the 10 or the 613, only the Noachide Laws.

[sBF] Hello Thankful, I'm glad to hear your thoughts. I do appreciate knowing what you think. Before I get into a response, I would like to ask you a question. Since you were once a Christian, and fell in love with Jesus, I can't help but wonder what caused you to fall out of love with him. The most natural thing for a Christian to do is love the one who saved him. So, if you want, I would really like to hear the thoughts of your heart.

Thanks, and God bless you,

Savedbyfaith

Savedbyfaith:

Welcome to the forums.

You can read thankful's testimony in "testimonies of former christians", "nightmare fundy on wheels."

You'll be able to find why she left the christ cult there.

Hi SBF.... Just want to go a little more in-depth than what I wrote in the testimony area.

There was never a time that I didn't believe in Jesus beginning at a very early age, probably 3-4. Went to Sunday school of and on as a child, believed but wasn't churched from teens to age 30. I read the bible now and then but never really studied it. Started going to church at age 30 and was eager to truly please the one who "died" for me. I got saved again. After sermons, I'd go home excitedly to study further and started noticing that many "if's" and "but's" were being left out of the sermons. I was upset but not enough to mention anything to my pastor.

I read the book the "Pursuit of Holiness" and the "Practice of Godliness". I was very serious, I didn't for one minute want to be a Christian that trampled on the blood of Jesus by excusing away sin, and through that "Under Grace!!! Not Under Law" phrase around. I would ball my eyes out if I screwed with sin done knowingly and cry to Jesus and just be sick that I trampled the blood of the lamb. My motives were sincere and I'd knock out one area of sin after another and without pressing my views on people at church, someone would mention a movie. Then they'd ask why I didn't watch it. I'd say because the bible says to say away from "insert whatever". People made me feel like a legalist for obeying god's word. They would compliment me and insult me at the same time. "If only I had more time to study like you do, etc. etc."

Anyway, those trouble scriptures still kept popping up. I started frequenting Church of God sites, and hence my view of hell changed and I started delving into the Holy Days. Later, I came across a Messianic Homeschooling site and they were talking about which of the 613 laws needed to be obeyed. I marched right in there with showing them the error of their ways, and instead they showed me the error of mine. I then, because my heart was so set on pleasing god, started to implement the Old Testament laws.

I had ALWAYS, had trouble with the Trinity and my husband and I were secret non-trinitarians. We just accepted that the pastor knew best. Next came my run in with Mono-theistic Messianics, which upheld my non-trinity belief. They pointed out troublesome trinity scriptures and from there I was like, huh? All these problems in the inerrent word of god? From there my studies to get closer to god, led me to where I'm at today. I fell out of love with Jesus because he isn't real. My grandparents have been devoted Christians all their lives. They never say a bad word about anyone, and they give, give, give what they don't have. Both of them have been in excruciating DAILY pain for over 30 years. Everyone I know has prayed for them over the years, myself included. Jesus said that mustard-seedlike faith would make "NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE" for those who believed, well, either he is the biggest liar that ever walked the earth, or he doesn't exist.

After, discovering the many doctrinal errors, I re-read the Old Testament. There is no way that I could love such an evil and vile monster as the one portrayed throughout the bible. I agree with Thomas Paine in that if there is a creator, the bible blasphemes it. Besides, there are to many mistakes for it to be the word of god. I see it no more than a history of a tribal people no different than any other religion. I see Christianity as a religion that ripped off the Jewish god hoping that no one would catch on, but many have.

That's all I have, all of that is within a 5 year period. If you want more in-depth, I'm sorry but it would take a book. LOL

[sBF] Well, thanks for sharing all that. I can see that your "Christian experience" was up and down, mostly down. You said you loved Jesus at one time and then fell out of love. Jesus said he would be with us to the end of the age and that he would never leave us or forsake us.

I think when we feel that he has left us, it's really that we left him for whatever reason. The pain of your grandparents must have hurt you deeply and when God didn't bring them comfort in answer to your prayers, it hurt even deeper. I can't say why God doesn't do all that we ask, but at the same time I don't think that means he stops loving us. Pain and death have been with us from day one but does this mean God is angry with us all since he doesn't prevent these things from happening?

Answers aren't easy. I have come to believe that our circumstances do not determine God's love for us. He demonstrated his love on the cross. Jesus used the word believe hundreds of times and I think that's what he wants from us; even our faith. Faith isn't always easy especially when times are tough. But that doesn't mean he has stopped loving us. As far as the problems you've reconciling scripture, I don't know what to tell you.

Perhaps there are some things I can help you with that might steer you back to the One who loves you and gave his life for you. I'm not interested in futile quarrels or debates, but if it's something in the scriptures that is troubling you, let's take a look at it. I'm more interested in your "returning to your first love" (Rev. 2:4). So many people divorce these days, but there was a time when they were deeply in love. Something happened and that love grew cold. The same thing happens with Jesus. We fall in love with him but then that love grows cold. It's not his fault when we fall out of love with him. But he wants us to fall back in love with him. Let's see if that can be accomplished. Remember, he said he would never leave us or forsake us.

God loves you and God bless you,

Savedbyfaith

I said that I loved Jesus my whole life. No, for the most part it was up.....only when I started getting serious that it was down. Jesus said lots of things, funny how nothing he said is the truth.

[sBF] Nothing?

He didn't leave me, he was never there.

[sBF] And this is the way it is for all those who say they were once Christian. He was never in their lives to begin with. Had you been truly born again, you would never have left him. He wouldn't let you. He is always there for anyone who is willing to receive him. I don't know what caused you to think that you couldn't trust him.

Yes, I did leave for whatever reason, bible god is evil and any god/man that threatens eternal torture (the THREAT alone) is not worthy of worship. If there is a Creator, I refuse to believe that that the bible represents it.

[sBF] Again, you can't leave something you never had. The wages of sin is death. Jesus is only showing us how to avoid eternal punishment. He was willing to take the punishment we deserve so that we could escape hell.

According to the Bible, god brings pain and death. My grandparents not being healed by god despite DECADES of believing Christians praying for them, only adds to my justification that the bible is false.

[sBF] God allows pain and death which was brought into the world by the curse. Man rebelled against God; God did not rebel against man. Our problem is that we don't think God is holy.

I'm not having a problem "reconciling" scripture, I get it just fine, thanks.

[sBF] I think if you "get it just fine," you would have taken Jesus at his word and let him be your Savior. Everything is not fine because you will not let him forgive you of your sins. You are the obstacle, not Jesus.

Well, biblegod and the christian jesus are two of the biggest liars ever. If I promised my children and broke them as many times as both of them have, they justifiably have no reason to ever trust anything I say.

[sBF] Do you think your grandparents were the only ones who suffered? We must realize that pain, suffering and death are part of life. We all hurt, we all suffer, and we all die. That's is not God's fault. He only wants to give us what was lost. It's sad that people will not let Jesus do what he promises. He is not the problem. He only wants to restore and rebuild our lives. He will if we will let him. You can remain angry and unbelieving if you want, but I tell you that Jesus will heal your anger and unbelief if you will let him.

Besides, if biblegod is true, (I'm not worried about Christ because that myth has zero to do with biblegod) I'd rather fry in hell for all eternity than spend it with such a monster.

[sBF] I would urge you to rethink this.

No, your god doesn't exist, so he doesn't love me.

[sBF] He exists and he does love you. The displeasure you have for God has been genereated by you in your own heart. Don't blame him.

Peace,

Savedbyfaith

reconciling scripture, I don't know what to tell you. 

Reconciling scripture. Those are just fancy words for trying to make sense of nonsense.

It seems like the words of an all-powerful god would be so clear and non-contradictory that they wouldn't need to be reconciled.

Quote SBF:

but if it's something in the scriptures that is troubling you, let's take a look at it.

Can I join, Thankful?

SBF: From reading Thankful’s post, Thankful does not believe Jesus is the Messiah (even assuming Jesus existed).

I myself have problems in NT’s justification that Jesus is the Messiah. By explaining your position in the scriptures, you are helping me also.

You can start with this: if the connection of OT and NT is Jesus, if the extension of OT to NT is Jesus, tell us your justification that Jesus is the Messiah.

Thank you in advance.

p.s. However, I suggest that you do some personal thinking and synthesis before you post your answers, if you are kindly responding.

[sBF] And this is the way it is for all those who say they were once Christian. He was never in their lives to begin with. Had you been truly born again, you would never have left him. He wouldn't let you. He is always there for anyone who is willing to receive him. I don't know what caused you to think that you couldn't trust him.

shavedbyFaith:

If you want to get on the bad side of ex-c's really really fast, just keep it up with this "you were never really christians" shit.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

WERE YOU THERE?

Did you watch us as we realized that we were sinners and repented, and accepted God's forgiveness through Jesus' redemptive work on the cross?

Did you watch us get baptized?

Did you watch us spend hours and hours on our knees before God praying for the lost?

Did you watch us get involved in church ministries and do everything we could to help our church family?

Did you watch us spend year after year studying the bible so that we could understand more about God?

Did you watch us as we did evangelism, telling others about the love of Christ?

Did you watch us as we wept before the Lord as we felt our faith slipping, begging God for help?

You must be more omniscient than God, to be able to tell us we were never really christians.

You sanctimonious fuck.

Yeah. thankful.

Just makes me wanna puke.

"They went out from us. That proves that they never were one of us"

Just more proof that christians are really unable to think with their brain. Their brain is just more bible verses.

Yeah.  thankful. 

Just makes me wanna puke. 

"They went out from us.  That proves that they never were one of us"

Just more proof that christians are really unable to think with their brain.  Their brain is just more bible verses.

I really think there is something to that. I would like to hear from a behavioral psychologist and get their oppinion on the matter, but it really does feel like they can only spew what they were programmed to spew, bypassing all reason in the process. We all do it to some degree I guess.

Like you, about the only thing that really riles me up is when mine or other's past faith is questioned and discounted. I would argue that those on this website and those in a similar situation to us were more committed to our faiths once. From knowing my own "testimony" and reading the responses of many here it is for this very reason - a search and desire for truth - that eventually led us to see through the facade. Those less serious or less deep may never come to a point where a decision in this regard faces them headlong.