Goodbye Jesus

Why Do You Remain A Christian?

Antlerman

'god' won't stop a loony acting in the ideology of 'whites are god's perfect race' from shooting up a religious gathering, slaughtering innocent people. Hell, if 'god' had just kicked up a little gust of wind and closed that side exit in the Colorado theater that massacre might never have happened.

Read my previous posts. In that Sikh temple case, nobody prayed to Jesus to intervene and prevent that tragedy from happening. God CANNOT stop people from doing evil by their own volition.

In a larger perspective, God CANNOT stop people from committing evil and end up going to hell.

Yuck! Gross! The part I highlighted is truly disgusting. I sure hope this JayL person is a troll. Otherwise, it's a horrible, hateful bigot that doesn't deserve to live among normal human beings.

We established that when Jay wrote he thinks Passion of the Christ is the most wonderful movie in the world and not what it really is: a bloodthirsty snuff film glorifying violence and fake history. Don't worry. He's really a troll. Sometimes he turns the Poe meter up a bit too high and goes overboard in trolling, and the bolded quote was just one of those times. Sometimes we just have to remind him to dial it back a little so he isn't too blatantly obvious.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• the stranger

• JayL

• Citsonga

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yuck! Gross! The part I highlighted is truly disgusting. I sure hope this JayL person is a troll. Otherwise, it's a horrible, hateful bigot that doesn't deserve to live among normal human beings.

There must be a lot of sensitive people here who get very offended by all sorts of things. "Otherwise, it's a horrible, hateful bigot that doesn't deserve to live among normal human beings. "

Wow.

We established that when Jay wrote he thinks Passion of the Christ is the most wonderful movie in the world and not what it really is: a bloodthirsty snuff film glorifying violence and fake history. Don't worry. He's really a troll. Sometimes he turns the Poe meter up a bit too high and goes overboard in trolling, and the bolded quote was just one of those times. Sometimes we just have to remind him to dial it back a little so he isn't too blatantly obvious.

Thanks for the reminder. Perhaps it is about time that I watched Passion of Christ again.... When I get discouraged - e.g. after getting intellectually attacked on this board, I put that DVD in, and after about 80 minutes, I am ready to jump up and down praising God again! Hellelujah! Praise Jesus!!!

Jay, remember that dial? You need to bring it back from an 11 to a 3 or 4, or the trolling just won't be as obvious.

But I was fucked up once because I allowed myself to become infected with a virulent, self-replicating meme known as Christianity.

Perhaps you started to attend a church that really played on your guilty feelings. You are a sinner! Are you leading a perfect life worthy of Christ - like us pastors up here? Repent!!! Are you not afraid of God's terrible judgement?? Meanwhile keep working on loving God with all your heart, all your soul, etc. You SINNER!!!

Anyhow, this is one reason why I am not attending a church right now. Very few churches preach God's Grace and God's love.

Jay, remember that dial? You need to bring it back from an 11 to a 3 or 4, or the trolling just won't be as obvious.

Gotcha !! I appreciate it.

Guest Valk0010

There must be a lot of sensitive people here who get very offended by all sorts of things. "Otherwise, it's a horrible, hateful bigot that doesn't deserve to live among normal human beings. "

Wow.

Well not really offended. Just following your views to the most logical conclusion. See this is where making god and good synonyms leads you. Its a bit like that phrase that I think comes from 1984 "ignorance means strength." Evil becomes good when the word god is attached to it. If there is actually a god that is 180 of what we should be seeing.

If any immoral action becomes good becomes god does it, the meaning of the word "immoral" becomes totally pointless. Why say wrong is wrong, when the exact same things, we see as wrong when done by say Stalin or Hitler or even or even other religions become good when god does it? Is it going to be the only time when the phrase "do as I say not as I do" is not hypocrisy. Thought god was morally perfect and logically perfect? Is murder say wrong only when god doesn't do it. Is causing suffering wrong only when god doesn't do it? If god is the special exception he is both illogical and a hypocrite.

I do not follow your logic. I think your conclusion is faulty. What are you thinking of??

Because you said god cannot do something. Probably the most popular analogy is the god and heavy rock one. I'm sure you've heard it before.

LOL. He's seriously just fucking with us. I'm sure of it. Nobody is that christarded.

Thanks for the reminder. Perhaps it is about time that I watched Passion of Christ again.... When I get discouraged - e.g. after getting intellectually attacked on this board, I put that DVD in, and after about 80 minutes, I am ready to jump up and down praising God again! Hellelujah! Praise Jesus!!!

You should see the southpark version: The passion of the jew. Hilarious

I just had a SP marathon not long ago. It was awesome. I'm still shocked I disliked this show so much when it first came out. I didn't ever watch it till the "Creme Fraiche" episode; I'd heard about it on a food network snark site and was interested in how they'd satirize FN. I searched it out on its site and got hooked. Thank goodness for Netflix.

McD: the real difficulty is in telling when someone's indulging in some over-the-top trolling, or genuinely Christarded. That's what Poe's law is all about. It should give Christians pause to know that there's not really any way of distinguishing the two.

But I was fucked up once because I allowed myself to become infected with a virulent, self-replicating meme known as Christianity.

Perhaps you started to attend a church that really played on your guilty feelings. You are a sinner! Are you leading a perfect life worthy of Christ - like us pastors up here? Repent!!! Are you not afraid of God's terrible judgement?? Meanwhile keep working on loving God with all your heart, all your soul, etc. You SINNER!!!

Anyhow, this is one reason why I am not attending a church right now. Very few churches preach God's Grace and God's love.

I doubt you will find a church that thinks God is not all powerful in the natural world. Most arnt dumb enough to commit theological suicide.

I doubt you will find a church that thinks God is not all powerful in the natural world. Most arnt dumb enough to commit theological suicide.

They have a lot of practice at logical suicide, though. ;)

Guest Valk0010

I doubt you will find a church that thinks God is not all powerful in the natural world. Most rant dumb enough to commit theological suicide.

He if he is not omnipotent he can't be a christian god, because then his omnibenelovence or even just goodness would overcome any possible evil implications of his actions. If he is not omnipotent his choice of creating this world makes him guilty of what happens due to things he can't control or give up control on. After all in most situations the unforeseen consequences of some action are made responsibility of the cause of those actions which in this case would be god. Of course JayL would say, that because god is good anything that he does is good. He can do things we would call evil by anybody else and its good cause he did it. Well that is a illogical position and it means they would could do evil and be living like god which is supposedly a moral good.

If god can't do any better then this world, and was actually good, he couldn't have created this world. Say for example, how many rapes were there pre earth or pre satan? None? How many robberies? None. So creating the world increased evil in the world. Which is contradictory to the idea of god being good and evil being actually evil. You avoid causing evil intentionally if your a good person. So unless that previous statement isn't the case(which would contradict what we know is needed for the world), the god of the bible can't be either good or the author of morals. And if that is the case there is no reason to believe in its existence.

Guest Valk0010

Oh and if god is perfect, and is the author of logic, his reasoning and his actions couldn't contradict his nature.

If one can find a valid one then that god couldn't exist.

'God' will fuck you up...

I am telling you. God has nothing to do with it. You are fucking yourself up by not receiveing God's salvation that is Jesus Christ.

Troll.

Admit it, Jay: You just can't bear the thought of not existing Forever and Ever, Amen.

Because that seems to be your underlying message: "You, too can spend eternity in the presence of a GreatAmazingWonderful divine being! All you have to do is convince yourself that you're not worthy of such a thing and cry out for Jesus to save your sorry butt, and Bob's your uncle. Remember, order before midnight tonight, just in case you get run over by a bus on your way to play the slots at the stripper bar."

I have no problem with death. I do not believe in eternal life. I think this life is the only one we can reasonably expect to have, and I think it's positively criminal to pollute it with odious, self-loathing crap like Original Sin.

Oh I wanna debate Christians!!! I do, I do!!!! Wait, can I use logic and reason or is that not allowed?

Oh I wanna debate Christians!!! I do, I do!!!! Wait, can I use logic and reason or is that not allowed?

It's definitely allowed, LC, but don't expect it to actually work on them. I've had better luck with irony, humour, catching them dead to rights in a contradiction or lie, and My Clue-By-Four™.

It depends. I've no doubt there are Christians visiting this thread and others. Most of them won't be out-and-out loonies like Jay; many may at least pay lip service to the idea of being semi-rational. Many won't even have ever thought of some of the criticisms we're leveling at their religion. It's not about beating Jay's ass with the truth, because Jay's either a completely fictitious caricature created for humor value or so far gone it's not worth even speculating about what'd bring him back from his self-imposed insanity. It's about those poor folks stuck in (or newly-defected from) a religion that is categorically false and destructive to health, happiness, and emotional well-being.

When Jay is caught balls-flopping-out lying YET AGAIN or when he or our other pet Christians get caught in some utterly fallacious argument or get caught using bad pseudo-science or all the other irrational shit they picked up from their pastors and whatever apologetics author is hot now, it's not about them so much as the other lurkers who are reading from the sidelines.

It depends. I've no doubt there are Christians visiting this thread and others. Most of them won't be out-and-out loonies like Jay; many may at least pay lip service to the idea of being semi-rational. Many won't even have ever thought of some of the criticisms we're leveling at their religion. It's not about beating Jay's ass with the truth, because Jay's either a completely fictitious caricature created for humor value or so far gone it's not worth even speculating about what'd bring him back from his self-imposed insanity. It's about those poor folks stuck in (or newly-defected from) a religion that is categorically false and destructive to health, happiness, and emotional well-being.

You guys keep me coming back. I get good laughs from here.

Admit it, Jay: You just can't bear the thought of not existing Forever and Ever, Amen.

Given the challenges of life and many disappointments, I like most people would welcome peaceful nothingness. The problem is always, what if the death is not the end. And given the incredible order/structure of our universe and the miracle of our existence, there is 'non zero' chance that the death is not the end. That our consciousness may survive physical death. If so, we have to think seriously about (once again) non zero chance of hell being real.

Right Troll,

What is the non zero chance that it is the Islam hell that is real? Or what if it turns out that the Viking hell is the real one and you burn in hell for eternity because you didn't die in a glorious battle? Maybe the Klingon hell is real and Star Trek was divinely inspired.

Go take your fear mongering somewhere else. We can think.

Given the challenges of life and many disappointments, I like most people would welcome peaceful nothingness. The problem is always, what if the death is not the end. And given the incredible order/structure of our universe and the miracle of our existence, there is 'non zero' chance that the death is not the end. That our consciousness may survive physical death. If so, we have to think seriously about (once again) non zero chance of hell being real.

Eternal hell was never a doctrine original to Judaism or early xianity.

There's a thread for that.

Right Troll,

What is the non zero chance that it is the Islam hell that is real? Or what if it turns out that the Viking hell is the real one and you burn in hell for eternity because you didn't die in a glorious battle? Maybe the Klingon hell is real and Star Trek was divinely inspired.

Go take your fear mongering somewhere else. We can think.

I don't give all that much credence to Islamic hell or Viking hell. Do you know anything about Mohammed? I don't take Charles Manson's idea seriously. Neither do I take those of Mohammed. But when it comes to Jesus Christ, I do listen. ( Buddha is another person worth listening. )