Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Liquor Laws

Guest SerenityNow

Check this out from: http://www.fac.org/rel_liberty/free_exerci...topic=blue_laws

"President George Washington was charged with violating a Connecticut blue law in 1789, according to David N. Laband and Deborah Hendry Heinbuch, who cite a report on the incident in their 1987 book, Blue Laws: The History, Economics and Politics of Sunday-Closing Laws. Washington's travel from Connecticut to New York violated a law against unnecessarily walking or riding on Sunday. Ironically, he was on his way to church at the time."

Welcome Trashy - where are you in Texas?

We just moved to a new neighborhood east of Denton

Got those blue laws here in Oklahoma as well. Liquor stores are closed on Sunday, close at 9pm and you can only buy wine at the liquor store. At least, in Texas, you could still get a bottle of wine at your local mega-mart on Sunday afternoon. What I remember about the wet/dry lines was my college. Everyone would take off to the next county to get their booze since the campus was in a "dry" area. Just great, bunch of college kids having to drive out of their way to get their booze, Ummm peach schnapps, then have to drive around drinking since it was not allowed on campus. Real Smart TExas.

According to my husband, some of the worst liquor laws are in Arkansas.