Goodbye Jesus

17 Dangers Of Masturbation

Ahh!

If you chronically masturbate as a virgin and then have sex, aren't you cheating on yourself?

No, you are only cheating on Rosy Palm and her five friends.

Was i the only one warned that masturbation eventually caused epilepsy?

As a kid I got a book that actually warned that. Its funny now, but scared me at the time!

double post sorry

The book I believe was entitled "Sex Has A Price Tag."

• Super Moderator

There's one danger they missed.

I've had to replace three monitors and two keyboards so far . . .

The book I believe was entitled "Sex Has A Price Tag."

There's some weird quasi-connection with whores and prostitution in that title that I can't quite put my finger on...

Just sort of seems like that title plays into the whole Virgin/Whore complex thing that a lot of religions and a lot of moral conservatives have. I dunno.

... and now for something completely different ... in the mormon church they took a different approach to try to make masturbation terrifying. We were taught that men who masturbate would not be able to have as much sex. Sort of like they had a finite amount of orgasms in them for life or something. Interestingly, they left us girls alone. Apparently the ladies can have as many orgasms as we like. Ah hah! for once it pays off to be a *woman* in the mormon church!

This is from a screwy Christian book I found at my local library. It's disturbingly recent (2001). I've paraphrased some of the "dangers" for length.

17 Dangers of Masturbation

1. Masturbation trains you to react to specific stimuli.

2. Masturbation is addictive.

3. Addictive behaviors are difficult to change.

4. Because it is addictive, masturbation controls the person, not the other way around.

5. Your body will only react to specific stimuli

6. Masturbation causes problems in bed.

7. It is easier to say no before something becomes a habit.

8. Humans can say no.

9. Contrary to popular belief, masturbation desires continue after marriage. It is a horrible sin that never stops tempting you once you start.

10. The most common problem married men seek counseling for today is masturbation.

11. The same experts who say it isn't addictive say you can't control yourself.

Which is it?

12. Saying yes to masturbation so you can say no to sex is STILL A SIN.

(Capitalization was there in original version)

13. Masturbation takes the mystery out of sex.

14. Masturbation won't make you blind. But it's still wrong.

15. (Random Bible verse on purity that says nothing about sex or masturbation)

16. Saying no to masturabtion is discipline. Discipline is a sign of future greatness.

17. God forgives- but NEVER USE THAT TO JUSTIFY AN UNGODLY AND EVIL ACT! (capitalized just like that.)

HAHAHA! LOL AT THE PERSON WHO WROTE THAT BOOK

WHAT AN IDIOT...lol at number 16 especially...yea satanists are the insane ones....haha..lol

Wow this shit is crazy. You know when I was a Christian, I only ever heard one negative comment about masturbation. Pretty much everyone said it was not sinful. In fact a lot of people said it was a good way to combat sexual temptation.

Usually the arguments centred around how much sexual imagery one was allowed to use during the act. I remember a lot of males asserting the mastering of the ability to orgasm without any sexual fantasy. To be honest, I never came close to mastering this art lol. Furthermore I'm not even sure thats possible for females (excluding 5% of the population or so).

EDIT: I would like to add that the issues I heard more often was whether oral sex = sex. The weird thing is most people said it wasn't. I never understood how people who carried on about no-sex-before-marriage thought it was alright to get a blowjob. This major hypocrisy so endemic amongst the Christians I know was actually one of the catalysts for me finally making the decision to de-convert.

... and now for something completely different ... in the mormon church they took a different approach to try to make masturbation terrifying. We were taught that men who masturbate would not be able to have as much sex. Sort of like they had a finite amount of orgasms in them for life or something. Interestingly, they left us girls alone. Apparently the ladies can have as many orgasms as we like. Ah hah! for once it pays off to be a *woman* in the mormon church!

I recently met a couple of Mormon missionaries. They've been coming over and helping me with my Russian grammar, which is horrible (their language methodoligy is pretty good, so I really appreciate the help they are giving me). Anyway, of course they are only hoping to eventually convert me and so we have had a few conversations about their faith. It's not my intention to disuade them of their beliefs, but since they want to discuss the issue I'm game, though I try to keep things light as do they.

Anyway, long story short. We were discussing morality the other day. They started out the convo with the idea that they believe that a universal sense of morality betrays the fact that there is a god who universally instilled it within us. I countered with the idea that while all of us who are not sociopathic necessarilly live by moral codes but that religion takes things quite a few steps too far and stigmatizes areas of our lives that are natural and that their moral code is counterproductive to a healthy state of human affairs. As an example, I offered up the idea of masturbation. You should have seen their eyes. I knew that this was the number one "sin" that two missionary boys would be struggling with, which is primarily my reason for the example. It really did floor them though when I dared raise the issue. When I argued that there was no social or scientific reason behind qualifying this act as a sin they just stared at me dumbfounded. I probably crossed the line of my own intentions of keeping things light, but truly their response to this was priceless.