Goodbye Jesus

Crosses, Crosses Everywhere, No Holiness In Sight

Guest SerenityNow

Guest SerenityNow

I have noticed that no matter where I go, almost EVERYONE is wearing a cross on their neck. Personally, I was never one of those Christians who advertised anyway. Joyce Meyer used to say that it's better not to have a Jesus bumper sticker and pin then act like you don't "have Jesus". LOL...Besides, my husband smoked and I didn't want a Jesus bumper sticker on our car with a hand and cigarrette hanging out the window.

Anyway, what is it like where you live? I mean I see big ole' dudes with tatoo's wearing crosses, guys with a tight black scarf and wife beater shirt with a big ole' golden cross hanging from their neck, little ole' men and little ole' ladies, young/old, thin/in between/fat, nice car/clunker. What stands out is that amongst all these crosses, I see nothing other than that, in many of those people. They're buying up cigarrettes, swearing, flipping people off, hollering in the parking lot, leaving their cart in the parking lane, stealing parking spaces, going to the same "R" violent/sexually explicit movies that I don't even go to, etc. IOW....nothing stands out about them, other than the cross around their neck.

Lately, I find myself doing a little "hmmph" smirk to myself, especially when I see someone wearing a cross and see them acting like a total ass. Funny, as a Christian, I used to think.."How dare you, act like that while trying to represent Jesus"...Now I think, "Have you even read your bible, or do you just play Christian in public?"

Anyone else notice this stuff?

No just lots of bumper stickers with fish on them.

Does anyone know where I can get an Invisble Pink Unicorn bumper sticker?

Found it.

http://shop.invisiblepinkunicorn.com/

7469401_F_store.jpg

Fundies will never understand the IPU anyway.

I'm sure all this stuff is the 'new cool.' My cross is bigger than your cross. Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah!! Soon you'll be able to rock up to McDonalds and get a free Bibilical figure with your next happy meal.

I think it's the new 'totally freakin hilarious.'

Ha! I've always worn a gold cross..in some form or other..before, during and after christianity.

I dunno why..I like the shape..

Guest Priapus

It's right in line with the rappers who win a grammy for an album full of profanity and songs about violence and sex, then come to the podium, accept the award, and thank God, "yo, props to my homies and I thanks Almighty God 'cause he gimme ev'ruhthang. Peace!"

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was God and the Word was With God. And the Word was made flesh. Word up. Word to your mother.

It's right in line with the rappers who win a grammy for an album full of profanity and songs about violence and sex, then come to the podium, accept the award, and thank God, "yo, props to my homies and I thanks Almighty God 'cause he gimme ev'ruhthang. Peace!"

In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was God and the Word was With God. And the Word was made flesh. Word up. Word to your mother.

Too bad Jesus wasn't hanged or quartered or something.

Then we'd be wearing a gallos around our neck or some horses dragging a limb.

That would be cool.

Too bad Jesus was hanged or quartered or something.

That would be cool.

Or a hypodermic needle, electric chair or bullet! :lmao:

I wear a gold pentacle that was a gift from a very dear friend who has passed ... if it were a cross I would probably wear it anyway. As the true meaning is mine alone and others may assume what they will.

PR

In my area, an East Coast metropolitan of diversity, it is pretty much an equal-share of the pie. Pendants and wearings of all sorts.

Cross is an ever there thing, but I come to think this recent surge in cross fashion is also due to the TV show “Monster Chopper?” from Jesse James and his West Coast Chopper logo. :)

post-352-1121800654.jpg

Guest Priapus
Too bad Jesus wasn't hanged or quartered or something.

That would be cool.

I fergit who it was but I heard a comedian do a bit on this once. He said there was a new discovery of scrolls showing Christ slipped on the soap in the shower and died when he smacked his head. As a result, people wear Soap-on-a-Rope's around their necks as religious symbols. Practical too.

In my town it is more of a way to fit in and have an excuse to get down peoples backs than anything else...

Hey, Priapus, can I quote you in my signature like this

Priapus Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

I got a kick out of it.

-Jake

Nothing like wearing the object of torture/execution of your god-man around your neck.

Well the cross thing is almost as bad as those "Live Strong" plastic/silicon/rubber bracelets and the ones that say other positive things.

I have some funny ones though. I have one with Anarchy symbols, one with skulls, another that says Up Yours and one that says Getcha Pull - Dimebag RIP as a tribute to slain guitarist Dimebag Darrell Abbott.

Has anyone seen anyone with those Kabbalah red bracelets that all the celebrities are wearing eg., Britney, Maddona etc? This also seems to be very hip.

Guest Priapus

-Priapus

Hey, Priapus, can I quote you in my signature like this

I got a kick out of it.

-Jake

I would be honored were ye to do that.