Goodbye Jesus

To Midnight Star

Guest Zoe Grace

I am going to answer amethyst real quick and will try to give these posts the attention they deserve tomorrow after I get some sleep. My mind is too muddled right now to even "fake" intellegence right now.

I think it goes (will double check tomorrow)

wicce>wicca>wise.

like I said I could be wrong and will check in the morning.

Goodnight all

SO you have already read it? I just got done. After reading that I am close to recinsidering. (Imagine that, I can change my mind).

Not because I use the word witch for any of the reasons that was used, but rather, if this is what the pagan community thinks of someone who uses it, then I don't think that it is a good idea.

Some of it hit home and had me cringing.

****C14 is not the only method to do the dating, there is K-Ar for instance (Kalium-Argon), and there are more.****

well, yes. that is why I posted my second link. It shows other dating methods. It also said that "All radiochemical methods of dating have some uncertainties associated with them. Several assumptions must be made in determining an age.

I had already conceeded the point.

OH geez, where to start. I honestly think that we should open another thread to discuss the flood. That topic has seems to taken a life of it's own. I feel as if I am trying to follow 2-3 different conversations at once. It must be me because there is another thread in News that I am involved in that seems to be doing the same thing.

****True but "witch" doesn't derive from "wicce" or "wicca"****

I read this and thought "DUH", but then I reread my orginal post that led you to start this thread. And I said the witch means wise. I am still trying to figure out why I would state something that even I know better than to post.

****Here you are going to have to prove that the actual WORD witch even existed back then. It didn't. The word Witch (if I'm not mistaken, and I could be, don't have my books in front of me) came about sometime in the middle ages. The point isn't what the word witch represents technically or to any group of people good or bad, the point is, it's not an ancient word and when it DID come around...it was meant as an insult like the N word. The N word was invented to harm...just like the word Witch. You can take it and reshape it...and I have heard people say "Witch" means wise one. But I think the actual word that means wise one had a different but similar root. I'll come back after I look it up and get back to you on that one.*********

Did you find it? I agree with you. I must have had a brain fart to think that witch means wise instead of wicce.

****As for the bread thing...I think it's probably much simpler. The girls were lying.

Then when the lies went to far...they were too afraid to confess, so it got bigger and bigger.*******

I don't see why it couldn't have been both. Anybody who has ever tripped. I mean really tripped, not just a buzz but actually saw things, will tell you that suggestion goes a long way. Example: 2 or more people tripping in the livingroom watching "snow" on tv (no channel type of snow). One sees something in the snow and tells the other(s). Next thing you know EVERYBODY sees the same thing. LSD also works on the takers mood. If you trip in a good mood and are comfortable with the people around you, you will more than likely have a good trip. this is very important to someone like me who has "anxiety attacks and am weirdly quiet" around most people. I can't imagine how I would react living in a situation as those girls, with all the religious zeal they lived under and trip without knowing what is going on. So I think that it was possible. They really could have seen what they saw.

**** But then again there were people who studied Christianity for years and years and still bought it. ******

Yes I know, I was one of them.

****Sorry, but that sounds like something a christian would say. Scientists arent out to lie to prove myths wrong. Thats not how the "scientific world" works. Thats how RELIGION works*****

No need to insult here :HaHa: . I think it is human nature to see things and try to make them fit preconcieved notions. Lets not forget that science itself is a changing study. It has gotten to the point where nothing is considered fact anymore. I do believe that preconcieved notions do make a difference. If you look under enough rocks you will eventually find what you are looking for, whether or not it truly fits is another story.