Goodbye Jesus

A Message To Knupfer, All True Believers, And Various Other Trolls Who Stop By

buffettphan

Good plan. If we don't drink it, we're not real Christians. If we do, we're probably dead. So, it's a win-win for you. UNLESS we drink it and actually live.

Here are all options, and all possible outcomes: (I think)

1. You drink it and die

a. Either your religion was true, but God didn't protect you, and you go to Heaven : you win, we lose

b. Or your religion was false, and you're dead forever: you lose, we win

2. You drink it and live

a. Most likely you religion is true: you win, we convert, so we lose, and you win double (you proved your religion, and you converted a bunch of sinners)

b. Your religion is still false, but for some unexplainable reason you did survive (maybe tolerance, or maybe some other God helped you): you still win--you didn't die--and we probably convert to a false religion, we lose

So in the end, you actually have a greater chance of winning, 3 of 4, and with some doubles too. We have more to lose from this bet.

I'm surprise you didn't bring up the argument: don't tempt God.

QUOTE (florduh @ Sep 21 2008, 02:58 PM)

In addition to not drinking poison, I've noticed a lack of moving mountains and doing even greater works than Jesus. I've seen no one sell all their possessions and give all to the poor. You must know what I mean. "God said it, I believe it, that settles it" - I call bullshit.

Inspiration! I'm going to start a new church, one where we handle our worldly posessions and give away all our snakes to the poor! :grin:

• Super Moderator
Inspiration! I'm going to start a new church, one where we handle our worldly posessions and give away all our snakes to the poor! :grin:

You are a genius. I gotta go find some snakes.

I just realized the "Third Way." You can get to heaven without accepting Jesus! Here's how: go in for a frontal lobotomy, and then you'll get a pass at the pearly gates for being in a state of innocence towards your sins. It sure beats relapsing into Christianity! :lmao:

To reiterate my earlier post: Honestly, I admire the snake handlers for being true to the religion, however misguided. When Christians start deciding which parts of the inerrant word of God they're going to ignore, handling snakes is number one. To me that proves they don't REALLY believe the Bible. The Appalachian snake handlers actually take their God at his word.

Appalachian snake handlers don't go to church very often. They keep moving the mountains around and the church is often lost.

Since we're on this topic... ;)

An older fella I know is a retired Baptist preacher, a really great guy who I know pretty good socially.

We got talking about snake handling one day and he said,

"Ya know.... I got a lot of faith.... but........"

:lmao:

• Super Moderator
Since we're on this topic... ;)

An older fella I know is a retired Baptist preacher, a really great guy who I know pretty good socially.

We got talking about snake handling one day and he said,

"Ya know.... I got a lot of faith.... but........"

:lmao:

Reminds me of a preacher who said something very similar....

"I've got a lot of faith.....but......... I'm not gonna tempt god!"

:Doh: