Goodbye Jesus

"bless You" And "amen"

Googledotman

When people sneeze, I ask them if somebody is talking about them behind their backs, which is a superstition in Japan that if you sneeze once, somebody is talking about you behind your back, and if you sneeze twice, that means somebody is bad mouthing you.

I used to do that sometimes :HaHa: but then I got tired of explaining the whole thing. I say "Gesundheit!" nowadays. And in my family we've always made a point of saying "sorry" after sneezing. Dunno why other people don't...

I do use a lot of "god" expressins, namely: "Oh my god" "Lord knows..." "For the love of..." "god damn."

Doesn't mean anything for me, they're just expressions I'm used to.

I work in a large office surrounded by people in low-walled cubicles. We discussed this very issue a couple of weeks ago after a few sneezes in the vicinity. We agreed to treat each sneeze like a cough. It’s just silly to think that a sneeze warrants a response any more than a cough or a fart for that matter. :shrug:

• Super Moderator
I work in a large office surrounded by people in low-walled cubicles. We discussed this very issue a couple of weeks ago after a few sneezes in the vicinity. We agreed to treat each sneeze like a cough. It’s just silly to think that a sneeze warrants a response any more than a cough or a fart for that matter. :shrug:

Often the sneeze and fart go together!

Often the sneeze and fart go together!

They do as we get older... :HaHa:

mwc

"Bless you" has always bothered me a little, because most people ASSUME you mean a deity is involved. But, it is my normal reaction to say it, so I do.

"Amen" has been replaced in my vocabuary with the far more accurate "RAmen" of my current Pastafarian leanings. If I am going to beleive in a deity, better one who tastes great in Alfredo sauce.