Goodbye Jesus

Errrrrrrrrr!

Rhia

So some of you may not find this too insulting, but I pretty much did - so here goes my rant.

I went to Barnes and Noble today with the intention of getting a copy of Skeptic magazine. I love it, but it doesn't come out often. One of the guys that works there (not a college student, but my guess is a manager of some sort) was standing in the way of where I was trying to look, restocking inventory. He notices me, and asks what I'm looking for. I asked if he indeed had the new copy of Skeptic (I figured with all those new ones it might be in there somewhere); and he looked at me strangely for an awkwardly long pause, then blurts out very loudly: "Oh! So YOU'RE the people who read that!!!"

I walked away without another word, completely disgusted. In hindsight, maybe he was playing around - but that was so NOT appropriate! What happened to those little things called discretion and tact?!

I guess the only bright-side of looking at it is now maybe he has the impression that only busty young red-heads read Skeptic. :wicked:

My other bitch-rant for today is this: I haven't spoken to my bio-mom since February (two days before her birthday), when she disowned me for refusing to accept her Matrix logic and other craziness. For some reason 2 days before MY birthday, she decides to email me, "just because". This is the woman who told me she changed her reality and I no longer exist! WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? AARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! She sure fucking knows how to fuck up someone's day! Why, oh WHY did she have to email me? I was HAPPY not talking to her, not hearing from her, not thinking about her. Hell, I was happy knowing she thought I no longer existed!!!! And now I suddenly do, because it's convenient!?

There are just some days I wish people would burst into flames, and there are currently two in particular I wish would.

• Super Moderator

Please, have a cup of decaf . . .

Well, I think the dude at the book store was joking around and you might have taken it the wrong way, but it's hard to say that without any context or without knowing who he is.

Your mom sounds like a nutbar.

Whether he was simply joking around or not, I still think it was very rude and unprofessional of that guy to say that to you, Rhia. Their job is just to assist you when you need their help, not to give their rude commentary when you didn't ask for it. He's supposed to be working, not insulting the customers.

Please, have a cup of decaf . . .

Haven't had caffeine in a month, laid off of coffee 2 years ago completely. ;)

Hmm, weird that the bloke at the store said "so you're the people", rather than "so you're the one". It could be construed as an insult the first way. Oh well, even if it was its not worth dwelling on.

Lets give him the benefit of the doubt, don't light the B&N guy on fire.

As for your mom, I don't suppose it would be possible just to ignore and forget it? Sort of compartmentalize that experience out of your day. Maybe that's not possible, or especially healthy that's just how I have dealt with depressing or distressing things little can be done about.

As for your mom, I don't suppose it would be possible just to ignore and forget it? Sort of compartmentalize that experience out of your day. Maybe that's not possible, or especially healthy that's just how I have dealt with depressing or distressing things little can be done about.

Thanks. My way of actually getting rid of the stress of her is by ranting. If I compartmentalize, I'll go nuts hoping that she'll eventually change, so calling her a crazy bitch and breathing afterward helps. At least I don't have to live with her. She's like a fundy, only she's polytheistic and believes she's going to literally fight and defeat Satan (Revelation-style) at the end of days.

Again, thanks for listening, I needed it.

"Oh! So YOU'RE the people who read that!!!"

"Yes, and you're the people who make money selling it to us."

he looked at me strangely for an awkwardly long pause, then blurts out very loudly: "Oh! So YOU'RE the people who read that!!!"

I walked away without another word, completely disgusted. In hindsight, maybe he was playing around - but that was so NOT appropriate! What happened to those little things called discretion and tact?!

I guess the only bright-side of looking at it is now maybe he has the impression that only busty young red-heads read Skeptic. :wicked:

Well, let's look at what you've said. Apparently this "busty young red-head" asks for a copy of Skeptic when he was probably expecting some nerdy looking guys wearing home-made Star Trek uniforms. You caught the poor man off-guard. He wasn't playing around...he was flabbergasted. On the bright side he'll probably become a reader and learn a thing or two.

My other bitch-rant for today is this: I haven't spoken to my bio-mom since February (two days before her birthday), when she disowned me for refusing to accept her Matrix logic and other craziness. For some reason 2 days before MY birthday, she decides to email me, "just because". This is the woman who told me she changed her reality and I no longer exist! WHAT THE FUCK!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? AARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!! She sure fucking knows how to fuck up someone's day! Why, oh WHY did she have to email me? I was HAPPY not talking to her, not hearing from her, not thinking about her. Hell, I was happy knowing she thought I no longer existed!!!! And now I suddenly do, because it's convenient!?

There are just some days I wish people would burst into flames, and there are currently two in particular I wish would.

Ummm...yeah. This broad knows how to push your buttons and she knows it. She probably gets off to it. Just think about that for awhile (ewwww). Glad I could help. :grin:

edit: Hey does the :lmao: not work for anyone else?

mwc

Hell, I was happy knowing she thought I no longer existed!!!! And now I suddenly do, because it's convenient!?

Funny how people sometimes act... I know what you mean. My bio father was like that too. After trying for years to make me obey to his every command, "just because" of course, never a reason stated, and mind you his demands and ideas were totally off the deep end, one morning I found a letter in my box (I was still living at home... you see, he was pretty much unable to manage house and garden without help. Not that I ever heard a thank you or something)...

...from his attorney, telling me I have 3 months to move out.

The fuckface didn't even have that little bit of balls to tell it to my face. :Hmm:

Oh well, move out I did, and soon realized that I should have done that on my own accord years earlier. All the time wasted... anyway, some 4 weeks later or so, who started calling?

Yup.

For months the pile of shit tried to babble crap to me, with me hanging up as soon as I heard it was it. Finally it gave up. Some time later I found out why all that happened... you guessed it! With no easy target under its roof anymore it soon learned the hard way that neighbors and relatives had much less tolerance for its "You're all idiots and losers you must do what I tell you and like it!!!11!!!!". Within a very very short time no one talked to it anymore and it so desperately needed a victim, suddenly I was welcome again.

Too bad one can't show the other side The Finger™ via conventional phone. Oh how I would have enjoyed that... :fdevil:

Maybe it's the current phase of the moon or something, cause I ran into an asswipe last night at the dog park...

My sister just got a puppy, and we've been bringing him to the dog park up the street to socialize him really well early on. He is a great dog, very well behaved and playful, but not out of control. So he meets a smaller dog at the park and they run around playing and trying to mount each other for about 10 minutes with the owner smiling and watching the whole thing. He then walks off with his dog and my sister and I start a training session on the opposite side of the park to teach him the "stay" command and reinforce the "come" command he is currently learning. This other dog owner goes about 50 feet away and just stands there watching us with his dog, all completely within view of us. Of course after a minute or two when our dog gets a look at his new friend off in the distance, we lose him as he runs off to play again.

I quickly appologise to him and start to explain he is still learning his commands when this guy starts yelling about how that's why he uses a leash and we should have him on a leash. He starts to curse and say he's been nice, but that this is bullshit. (Keep in mind this was one single slip up of a completely playful and non-violent nature and he just up and starts spewing this venom). I interupted him by saying he has been anything but nice, and he responds with what I consider a threat by saying "if you don't watch out you'll see I can get alot meaner". Meanwhile he is allowing his dog to jump all over ours and get them both even more excited, and then gets even louder that we need to get our dog under control. When I ask him to reel his dog back to help us out, he yells, "I'm not going to help you out with anything!"

We also thankfully happen to have a few seconds of video we took right before all this happened. We don't have his "Mr. Hyde" personality, but we do have him on tape petting and allowing play to happen between his dog and ours. I will be bringing the camera to the park every day and the second I see him enter the park I will begin to video him. We also suspect he was drunk, and he drove to the park in a golf cart. I jotted down his licence tag as we were leaving the park. If I ever smell alcohol on his breath I will call the police on the spot, as there are also many children in this neighborhood that play in and around the park at this time of the evening.

Now, this guy was the only one who I have ever seen keep his dog on a leash at this park, and since Sunday we have met and befreiended quite a few dogs/owners that frequent that park. Unfortunatly no one we knew was there at the time to stick up for us. Regardless, I feel he was trying to cause a confrontation the way he psitioned himself within our dogs view. He knew what was going to happen, he not only did nothing to stop it, but he let it continue on as if it was our fault.

Asswipes, damn them all! :shrug:

I think I need to start a subversive oriented bookstore.....red head huh? LOL

try buying a copy of the Gospel According to the Flying Spaghetti Monster....looked all over, had 3 people help me, and it was found in HUMOR!!

(actually I think ALL religious books worth a damn are in the humor section, but that is another topic).....

"Oh! So YOU'RE the people who read that!!!"

"Yes, and you're the people who make money selling it to us."

That's probably along the lines of what I would have said. I might have added, "Have you got any on hand today?"

I'll bet he learned something by having you walk out of the store on him. Clerks are supposed to SELL stuff--not send people walking.

As for the bio-bitch. All I can say is glad I'm not the only one. Thurisaz, didn't know you had that kind, too. How do such good people come from such crazed backgrounds? Somehow, we're not born blank tablets.

Marty, all the best with your dog.