Goodbye Jesus

A House Divided Against Itself

Neon Genesis

You shared:

1 John 2

27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Barb said: The anointing referred to here is the Holy Spirit. I have already shared scriptures to show no one, not me can reveal the truth to anyone. The Truth is spiritually received, through the Holy Spirit. Notice there’s a condition, that we abide in Him. Meaning we have some work to do here, it’s not the magic fairy telling us everything, we need to at least attempt to learn.

[snip]

Barb said: It makes major difference, what do you mean it makes no difference, of course it does.

Then explain it. I'll have to assume you didn't quite understand the choices since you failed to address them. I was probably too vague.

If the "spirit" reveals "truth" then why do "believers" (those that possess this "spirit") teach one another anything? An example of this would be in

church or bible study (used as a study tool/aid). The "spirit" reveals the "truth" and such study is unnecessary. Even the bible itself should not be required.

The follow-up to this was since the "spirit" reveals all these "truths" then offering explanation of what is in the bible should be a very simple task. Something that is on the "tip of the tongue" as it were. But this is far from the actual case.

Since neither of these cases occur in reality it seemed to me that it made no difference. They were simply rhetorical at that point. But since you find them important I look forward to your explanation.

You said:

Anyhow, the word "anointing" here is "chrisma" as in the sense of "rubbing" or "smearing" which is an odd thing for the HS to be doing to people. Going around rubbing/smearing up on them. There's no condition beyond the "rubbing." I understand that you're trying to turn this "abiding" into an activity but, well, perhaps this bit of commentary can say it better than I:

"In the mystic phraseology of John, God is said µ??e?? in Christ, i. e. to dwell as it were within him, to be continually operative in him by his divine

influence and energy, Jn. xiv. 10; Christians are said µ??e?? ?? t? ?e?, to be rooted as it were in him, knit to him by the spirit they have received from him, 1 Jn. ii. 6, 24, 27; iii. 6; hence one is said µ??e?? in Christ or in God, and conversely Christ or God is said µ??e?? in one:"

That's from the Thayer Lexicon.

In this sense the "anointing" creates a sort of "symbiotic" relationship with this god and as such it dwells within you and you within it.

Barb said” So where’s the misunderstanding? When we abide in Him, He abides in us. As far as anointing, what does Christ mean to you? Christ is the anointed One—Easton’s Bible dictionary definition.

[snip "christ"]

There wasn't a misunderstanding until now it seems.

I offered the quote from Thayer's as an example as to the type of "relationship" (I used the word "symbiotic") that was being formed in this verse.

This was to counter your assertion of: "Notice there’s a condition, that we abide in Him. Meaning we have some work to do here, it’s not the magic fairy telling us everything, we need to at least attempt to learn."

Thayer noted in the 1 John verses the following "to be rooted as it were in him, knit to him by the spirit they have received from him, 1 Jn. ii. 6, 24, 27; iii."

This does not denote any sort of condition whatsoever. This is a "joining." Not an conditional process. Not an ongoing process.

What the verse says is that upon this "anointing" ("chrisma" a rubbing/smearing) that this "rooting/knitting" (Thayers) occurs. It also has the added benefit of teaching the recipient.

If I had to place a condition on the whole thing that would be this only works while you're in the "club." If you go apostate you lose your magic teaching spell. There's no other conditions or ongoing requirements otherwise (and the "apostate" clause is a simple interpretation of "abide" which going apostate would qualify as no longer "abiding").

Also, if you think this is the first (or second, or third) economic disaster of this type, you're mistaken. It's happened before. It'll likely happen again. It happened before the precious book of Revelation even came into being. Focus on imaginary futures instead of real history. That's the way to solve problems.

Barb Said: This depression that’s about to happen in our earth, is nothing to what will happen in the futrue to come. Take heed, get your affairs in order and do not misunnderstand when I say that the world’s economy will collapse. This is nothing. The collapse that is coming will make way for the

anti-Christ-those who studied and know the scriptures will be prepared, those who don’t will not be prepared, nor will they know how to survive during these days ahead. They aren’t yet, but they aren’t that far off either.

Egad. "Take heed?" Really?

Which part of "Focus on imaginary futures instead of real history" didn't you understand?

This "They aren't yet, but they aren't that far off either" is nearlly 2000 years old. Wise up. And, yeah, I know...boy will I be regretting all this when all this "comes to pass." (saved you a little time and effort so now you don't have to think it).

Who do you believe the dead are that those in Christ will be reigning over? People are so afraid of a Hell that they aren’t learning who the dead are for a thousand years. I will study scriptures with you if you’d like, but I’d rather do it God’s Way—line upon line and precept upon precept and allow the Holy Spirit to teach us His Truth. It’s spiritually discerned. I can’t take the book of 1 John out of context from the whole Bible. There are many things in 1 John that have a second and third witness from other authors. It’s important to study scriptures from the first book until the last. And seek the One, the anointing that we receive when we believe to teach us by the Holy Spirit.

Dead people don't rule over anyone. They're dead. They don't magically come back to life. Those are zombies and they just want to eat your brains. I know this sounds similar to what you've put here but it's a little different.

1 John wasn't around when Revelation was written. There's no evidence that the author of 1 John knew anything of Revelation. They didn't get bound together until later. You're inventing a context based on one that exists now and was created after the fact. If that's "god's way" then it is sorely lacking any credibility.

mwc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Neon Genesis

• mwc

• agnosticator

What IS the Holy Spirit, Barb?

Who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

He indwells the follower of Jesus and He guides and directs our steps into the Truth. He comforts us.

I don't understand. Why the need to study a book?

Barb said: The book is Jesus.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible is spiritually discerned as I made mention above. The Bible is the Living Word or Jesus. To know the Living Word, through the Holy Spirit is to know who God really is.

No man can teach us the Word of God, only our Heavenly, Living God.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

I didn't ask who the holy spirit is, but what the holy spirit is. But...okey dokey. ;)

What was the bible before Jesus? The same thing?

I could write a book about how the new testament is not truth, but TRUTH (i.e. a fantasy written by crabby, senile old men). Or how the god of the bible is man-made, but instead, I'll skip to the conclusion since I've already spent too many years studying the new testament:

GOD IS UNKNOWABLE.

That would make you, Barb, a person who claims to speak for god, arrogant. Since christians believe god's ways are MYSTERIOUS, then your words (and the bible's) are meaningless. You cannot know the mind of god!

BarbB, can you please learn how to use the quote feature? I don't mean to be rude, but it's very difficult to read your posts and understand what you're trying to say without the quote feature. All you have to do is click the little button at the top of the post that has the quote bubble with it. It's the icon that's to the right of the smiley face icon. And BarbB, you claim you have peer-reviewed proof that God exists, so what is your proof? I have yet to see you present it anywhere in this thread. And no, you can't use the bible to prove that the bible is true. That's circular logic and it's intellectually dishonest. It's like trying to use the Quran to prove the Quran is true.

Ahhhhhh!, you spoiled it, Han!!!! :nono:

:grin:

Hineni

Oh, damn! Sorry! :tongue:

Titus 1

14. Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15. Unto the pure all things are pure : but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled .

16. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

So is the Torah

Barb said” The torah, is not the whole Ot—you’ve left out the prophets and Paul isn’t speaking about the OT, in the above scriptures.

You might check into how the nation of Israel was polluted by those claiming to be Jews but were not. You might check into the Tares and where they were at this time, in our History and where they are today.

So if these were false Jews, why didn't Paul say: Not giving heed to the fables of the false Jews... ?

My understanding then is that the Bible should not be read in a literal sense in this verse, which leads to, why should it not? And why should anyone read anything else in the Bible literally, if one verse here is to be assumed to not be literally? You know, my explanation is more literal, yours is more assumptive. You assume "Jews" in that verse doesn't mean all Jews but only a small fraction of false Jews, while my reading is "all Jews, of true and non-true kinds".

Which interpretation is right? Mine is just as valid as yours. Now show me why your interpretation got support and mine does not.

Mw,

You misunderstand what church and Bible study together is all about. Church is for fellowship and the reading of the Bible. Faith comes by hearing the Word. When someone brings up scriptures, it is up to us to search the scriptures for their Truth, God’s Truth.

The Pastor can share. Those in fellowship can share, but it is Only the Holy Spirit who can enlighten. As Christians we are instructed to write the Word on our hearts, speak it and share it when we can. It applies to every asppect of our lives. We are to meditate on it, also, just as a cow chews her cud. If there’s something we don’t understand, we are to ask for God’s understanding and when His perfect timing has come to pass, He will enlighten us. He’s a need to know God. When we need to know it, He will enlighten us. We have to do our part. Study to show ourselves approved.

So in reference to the Truth being on the “tip” of our tongues—that’s right, it is for many who study to show themselves approved. There are those who it is not for them to know. Jesus speaks in parables to those people. They are the tares, but “whosoever” will sincerely search for our God, they will find Him—even the tares.

MW,

The following scriptures will support abiding is continually abiding in the Word, the Faith, Christ.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Acts 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 26:22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Barb said: Not confuse "sut off" with Hell

Galatians 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

2Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

1John 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

It's not a club, a club leaves people out. Jesus is free to all who seek Him.

Regarding your conclusions of Revelation. The book of Revelation is the sister book to Daniel. Also Ezekiel gives the exact accounts in Revelation. The Minor prophets teach segments of Revelation. Mark, Luke and Matthew teach exactly what is being taught in Revelation.

In fact, there are many more books in scriptures that not only talk of the first coming of Christ, but the second coming, also. Revelation adds more clarity, but the author does not stand alone. God always gives us more than one witness to the Truth.

If you have only studied the NT, you missed out on the meat of the Word. Wherever the OT is referenced, it’s important to search out what Jesus meant by that. And you can do it.

The OT gives us a clearer understanding of what’s to come. God gave it to us for an example. For example, during the time of Satan, ruling, you will see the curses, spiritually, that took place in Egypt—the frogs, the flies. You remember when they come out of the mouth in the Book of Revelation? Wouldn’t you like to know what God means by that?

So, MW Revelation is not the only Book to talk about the one world system that we’ve been living and setting up on earth for more than sixty years. Daniel gives us exactly what we’ve been doing and exactly what’s going to happen, when Satan comes saying, “peace and prosperity”—where there is no peace. Are you prepared?

REGRET??? Who said you’ll regret it?? It ain’t over until it’s over, my friend!! There is no understanding apart from God, if you don’t have the Holy Spirit to teach you then God will look at your sin as a sin in ignorance. However, if you are willfully disobedient, then the consequences will be Justly Judged, because that’s who God is—the Just Judge!! Waaahooo!! Dancing like David!!

What IS the Holy Spirit, Barb?

Who is the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity.

God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

He indwells the follower of Jesus and He guides and directs our steps into the Truth. He comforts us.

I don't understand. Why the need to study a book?

Barb said: The book is Jesus.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Bible is spiritually discerned as I made mention above. The Bible is the Living Word or Jesus. To know the Living Word, through the Holy Spirit is to know who God really is.

No man can teach us the Word of God, only our Heavenly, Living God.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

I didn't ask who the holy spirit is, but what the holy spirit is. But...okey dokey. ;)

What was the bible before Jesus? The same thing?

Hi,

I know you asked "what"...however the Holy Spirit is "He" not a "what"...

As far as the Bible, the Bible is the Word, the Word is the Sword, the Sword is Jesus.

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word is God...maybe this will help, if not meditate on it and Jesus will reveal the Truth to you, in His timing!

Love,

Barb

DevaLight

You said:

A "free-will choice" between eternity in hell and heaven? That's "free" in what universe? How is it free?

Barb said: The choice isn’t between Heaven and Hell. The choice is between peace and freedom verses fear and bondage.

When trials come upon you, this day where is your peace, where is your freedom. When the world’s economy collapses—and I don’t mean the warning we are getting right now, I’m talking about what’s to come, when the entire world’s economy collapses, are you prepared to live during the worst abomination known to man. There’s never been anything like it, yet and there won’t be anything like it again and then we go into one thousand years of living on this earth. Those who chose Jesus will live free, those who didn’t choose and study scriptures to know what was coming will live apart from our Lord.

The choice is protection, under His wing, or no protection under Satan’s rule.

Not a choice between Heaven and Hell. There are three Hells to be aware of-do you know the differences?

You can reframe it to suit yourself, but you are just kidding yourself if you think it isn't a choice between Heaven and Hell. People have been talking about the tribulation, armageddon, the economy collapsing, for as long as I can remember. You are just again attempting to stir up fear, something that Christians like to do. <self-edited for unnecessary roughness>

The thousand year reign of Christ? You really believe that? You need a good dose of reality.

No not aware of three hells, and why should I care?

You said:

Barb, could you do me a favor and use the word "said" instead of "share"? Maybe its just me, but "share" is one of those Christianese words that just grates

like chalk on a blackboard.

Barb said” I used said when the person was being quoted, but when I posted what I said and them, I wrote shared—when the Bible was being quoted I used “shared” because it wasn’t what the person “said” but what God said. Hope that explains when and why I used said and shared.

Suit yourself then, just shows how considerate Christians are.

Why? How come the whole trinity are considered to have the genetic X-Y chromosome combination, and not one of them X-X?

Seriously, have you ever considered how God or any divine, spiritual being, can be a gender? A gender would assume the appropriate attributes of that sex. Right? Or are they sexless genders? All male, but without the.. you know... the wiener (to be respectful here). Does God have nipples? You of course would say: "How silly, what a silly question!" But is it, if you claim God is a "HE" not a "SHE" or an "IT" or a "NON-SEX". You see? Of course you don't. I think it's ridiculous to consider a supreme being to be of a specific gender or sex. The only reason why someone or something would be a HE or SHE is because the opposite sex also exists, and for reproduction. Explain, what exactly is it that makes God a "he"? His beard? (It must be the infinite long beard, since he's an infinite being...)

As far as the Bible, the Bible is the Word, the Word is the Sword, the Sword is Jesus.

Interesting analogy. You do know that the sword was considered a phallus symbol in many cultures. The word "sword" sometimes were used as a allusion to the dongle. So maybe God is a "he" because Jesus is the member?

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word is God...maybe this will help, if not meditate on it and Jesus will reveal the Truth to you, in His timing!

Did 30 years of devout interest and searching for God's will and "truth" count? Obviously it wasn't enough to spend my childhood, adolescence, and up to being middle-aged, before realizing God does not reveal truth, the truth is a mixed bag of nuts and different flavors. It all depends on who you trust, read, and listen too, not what really is there literally.

(Btw, I like your style Barb. Keep on responding and we'll have an interesting dialogue going.)

I could write a book about how the new testament is not truth, but TRUTH (i.e. a fantasy written by crabby, senile old men). Or how the god of the bible is man-made, but instead, I'll skip to the conclusion since I've already spent too many years studying the new testament:

GOD IS UNKNOWABLE.

That would make you, Barb, a person who claims to speak for god, arrogant. Since christians believe god's ways are MYSTERIOUS, then your words (and the bible's) are meaningless. You cannot know the mind of god!

Hi,

God is not unknowable...who told you that? They lied!!

Mystery??? God reveals mysteries to His children...didn't you hear that before??

As far as speaking with authority regarding our Father--He gave us that authority!!

The following reveal the Mysteries of God--

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

2Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

1Timothy 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Love,

Barb

Guest BigOlBiggenzDeluxe
"Mat 10:14 And whosoever, shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. "

If we ever see you here again, you're not a true christian.

Barb said:

Cute!! You are showing your lack of understanding of scriptures.

But God loves you anyway!!

Please, enlighten me with the true meaning.

So the infinite mystery of God can be encapsulated in a human mind? God is infinite in time, space, knowledge, etc, and humans can become like that? Why don't we see more of 300 IQ Christians, miracles whenever Christians touch someone, etc? How come Christians aren't any better than non-Christians? Seriously, I don't see any difference between normal humans and super religious Christians.

So what do you know about God then? More than just words?

God is _______ (fill in word of choice). That's just simple wordplay. You don't know God just because you fill a sheet of "attributes" you think God has. That is not knowing. That is just making up.

Mystery??? God reveals mysteries to His children...didn't you hear that before??

Then they're not mysteries anymore, are they? So if all those mysteries has been clarified, how come they're still mysteries?

As far as speaking with authority regarding our Father--He gave us that authority!!

Ah. Pride makes you right.

You're special. Well, congratulations, it boosts your ego.

No. They don't reveal any mysteries, they are words written in a book. They don't reveal anything. They just claim things. There's a difference. To say things, doesn't make them right, it only makes them "said". What you're presenting are different views of your particular belief of God, not what really is the attributes of God, because simply put: you can't prove a darn thing of those words.

... (lost of bible verses talking about mysteries)...

So what is the mystery then? Can you reveal it, or is it secret like how the magicians do their tricks? Only invited are allowed to know.

Oh, I know, it's the "salvation" thing. Right? Well, I don't believe "sin" is a well defined word to start with, and secondly, it's made up word that deals with the interaction between man and God, but if a person doesn't believe God exists, the word sin has no meaning. So a non-believer is by his own standards sin less. Only believers in God can have a meaning to the word sin, and only believers than really care if they are free from that sin they believe in or not.

BarbB, can you please learn how to use the quote feature? I don't mean to be rude, but it's very difficult to read your posts and understand what you're trying to say without the quote feature. All you have to do is click the little button at the top of the post that has the quote bubble with it. It's the icon that's to the right of the smiley face icon. And BarbB, you claim you have peer-reviewed proof that God exists, so what is your proof? I have yet to see you present it anywhere in this thread. And no, you can't use the bible to prove that the bible is true. That's circular logic and it's intellectually dishonest. It's like trying to use the Quran to prove the Quran is true.

Hi,

Well, I'm not sure of what you speak of with the "feature button"...I'm using the Jaws program, which is reading the site out loud to me, and it's not picking up a "featured" button. I'll attempt to do what I can to help you read this easier, but as I said, I'll need more information...

As far as proving it...

You want me to give you the proof I have that God is real??? Oh, I thought you asked me if I had proof...

The answer is yes, I have proof.

You see you speak of ...or maybe not you but some speak of creation verses the Big bang...

Would it surprise you to know that God taught the big bang theory, He did it!!

Today's Scientists talk about fossils...would it surprise you to learn God spoke of these fossils, the dinosaurs and everything?

There is no new thing under the sun. The fact that Scientists are catching up with the Scientist--God--is nice!! It's about time!!

The fact that some Christians don't know where God speaks of these things, only shows their lack of knowledge.

You see my friend, there is nothing that you can show me that God didn't already show me...zip!!

The only problem is you think you came up with the idea...Ha! God knew it before you were even a thought in your Father's eye...you were still a twinkle in his eye when, all of what you say was already a done deal my friend...

So, I'm glad you are searching for answers and how this earth works...when you want to know the Truth, search the Word of God, that's where you will find it...

Or you could get all afraid that the earth is going to run into the sun, or spend lots of money trying to be "green" protecting Mother earth, or you could live in freedome and know what scriptures say about Global warming, etc, etc...

It's all in the pages of the Living Word...

Annd as far as using the Bible to prove the Bible...NO! I use the Bible to disprove man's paranoia...

Still think you are pretty zealous and oh boy how God could use you for His Kingdom!!

Love,

Barb

: God has told us that more difficult times are coming and He is preparing His children for the days ahead. It will take strength to endure what Satan has planned. Not physical strength. It will take spiritual strength. Are you prepared?

And prove that I haven’t!

Doesn't the bible say "come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden?" Where do you get the idea of strength from the phrase heavy laden? Where in the bible does Jesus say he only cares about strong people but hates everyone that's weak? And it's not my job to prove that you have drank poison and survived. That's your job to do. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You're the one making the extraordinary claim that God exists and the bible is the inerrant word of God, thus it's your job to prove it. And if you claim to be a true Christian, it's your job to prove it by drinking poison and surviving and giving us proof that you did. I thought you said Jesus wants spiritually strong people? So, aren't you being spiritually weak by refusing to prove you're a true Christian by drinking poison and surviving? Stop being a coward by trying to shift the burden of proof or admit you don't really believe in this nonsense.

The choice isn’t between Heaven and Hell. The choice is between peace and freedom verses fear and bondage.
Where in the bible does it say we have free will? And if we have the freewill to choose, how do you explain Ephesians 1:4-5?
ust as (K)He chose us in Him before (L)the foundation of the world, that we would be (M)holy and blameless before Him (N)In love

5He (O)predestined us to (P)adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, (Q)according to the kind intention of His will

Jesus foretold all things to come. It took Jesus to open the eyes and understanding for the disciples and it takes our God to do so, today, for all of us. Without Him there is no Truth.
Isn't this evidence that we have no freewill with Jesus? How can we have freewill if Jesus already foretold everything we do before we do it? I don't know about you, but that sounds like predestination to me.

So, MW Revelation is not the only Book to talk about the one world system that we’ve been living and setting up on earth for more than sixty years.
I thought Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world in John 18:36?
Jesus answered, "(A)My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not [a]of this realm.
So, why would Jesus then contradict himself by setting up a one world government if his kingdom wasn't of this world? Or are you saying Jesus is a liar?

Barb, what brings you to this website? Curiosity, or the hopes of evangelizing and converting some lost souls for Jesus?

So, I'm glad you are searching for answers and how this earth works...when you want to know the Truth, search the Word of God, that's where you will find it...

Or you could get all afraid that the earth is going to run into the sun, or spend lots of money trying to be "green" protecting Mother earth, or you could live in freedome and know what scriptures say about Global warming, etc, etc...

It's all in the pages of the Living Word...

Annd as far as using the Bible to prove the Bible...NO! I use the Bible to disprove man's paranoia...

The bible also says that bats are birds, that bugs have six legs, and that the Earth is flat, so how come the bible got that wrong? Read this site if you think the bible made any miraculous scientific predictions: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

Why? How come the whole trinity are considered to have the genetic X-Y chromosome combination, and not one of them X-X?

Seriously, have you ever considered how God or any divine, spiritual being, can be a gender? A gender would assume the appropriate attributes of that sex. Right? Or are they sexless genders? All male, but without the.. you know... the wiener (to be respectful here). Does God have nipples? You of course would say: "How silly, what a silly question!" But is it, if you claim God is a "HE" not a "SHE" or an "IT" or a "NON-SEX". You see? Of course you don't. I think it's ridiculous to consider a supreme being to be of a specific gender or sex. The only reason why someone or something would be a HE or SHE is because the opposite sex also exists, and for reproduction. Explain, what exactly is it that makes God a "he"? His beard? (It must be the infinite long beard, since he's an infinite being...)

Interesting analogy. You do know that the sword was considered a phallus symbol in many cultures. The word "sword" sometimes were used as a allusion to the dongle. So maybe God is a "he" because Jesus is the member?

Did 30 years of devout interest and searching for God's will and "truth" count? Obviously it wasn't enough to spend my childhood, adolescence, and up to being middle-aged, before realizing God does not reveal truth, the truth is a mixed bag of nuts and different flavors. It all depends on who you trust, read, and listen too, not what really is there literally.

(Btw, I like your style Barb. Keep on responding and we'll have an interesting dialogue going.)

Hi,

I did wonder about the gender issue, until I searched for God’s Truth and now I wonder no more.

The female was introduced in this earth age, not the age prior to flesh. There is a very good reason why God created the female. I encourage you to seek for God’s Truth.

If you spent 30 years trying to Trust in some man and not God, then you were looking for Love in all the wrong places.

Love—who is God!

Barb

As far as the comment regarding the sword...Read Revelation Chapter One...and as far as sticking around! I'd love to as long as God is willing!

Right now, my family calls, so I'll attempt to get back some time today!!

Be blessed my friend! Don't take my word for it or anyone else's...don't expect others to study for you, either...ask, seek and knock and He will give His wisdom liberally!

You can do it...you see Christians are can do people! We can do te impossible because we have our Father to go out and prepare the Way! Wahoo!!

Love,

Barb

Why isn't there a squid icon next to her name?

I did wonder about the gender issue, until I searched for God’s Truth and now I wonder no more.

The female was introduced in this earth age, not the age prior to flesh. There is a very good reason why God created the female. I encourage you to seek for God’s Truth.

So God does have a dongle then?

You really didn't answer my question. What makes God a male? Is it his beard? His sexual organs? His DNA? The tone of his voice? What?

If you spent 30 years trying to Trust in some man and not God, then you were looking for Love in all the wrong places.

I spent trusting in some man for 30 years? What do you mean? I was reading the Bible and prayed, is that trusting man? I guess you're right. I trusted Paul, John, Moses and all those other man who wrote the Bible, instead I should have trusted my own voice inside me, which told me: God is imaginary.

That's why it took me 30 years to realize Christianity is just BS. Now I do trust myself and my inner voice, and I know for sure that Christianity is false.

Love—who is God!

Nah. That's just putting one of your favorite things equated to one of your other favorite things. Love is love. God is fantasy (depending on how you define God). Or more clearly: The Christian God is a fantasy. Your phrase doesn't make any more sense than to say: Love is Chocolate.

As far as the comment regarding the sword...Read Revelation Chapter One...and as far as sticking around! I'd love to as long as God is willing!

:lmao: I'm starting to think you're just pulling our legs!!! :HaHa: "Sticking around". Sure. That was actually funny in the context. :3:

Right now, my family calls, so I'll attempt to get back some time today!!

Sure. See you later.

Be blessed my friend! Don't take my word for it or anyone else's...don't expect others to study for you, either...ask, seek and knock and He will give His wisdom liberally!

Yeah. I read the whole Bible several times, and the NT many more. Even read it in different languages, and I had a "Greek-English" NT which I studied too. I went to Bible school, mission trips, knocked doors... so yeah. I did spend my life in the belief all these things were true. But not anymore, and I'm a better person, and have a better life for it.

You can do it...you see Christians are can do people! We can do te impossible because we have our Father to go out and prepare the Way! Wahoo!!

By golly, I remember the days I was as cheerful as you. I remember the days my friends and I spent a whole night in a small local church, praying for revival in town... it still hasn't come. :shrugs:

I noticed that in life, if I do things, they happen, if I pray for things to happen, it seems like they don't happen. Barb, take charge of your own life and stop living the delusion. It's very destructive to your future.

Love,

Love to you too.

Fixed.

Barb said: You are speculating on what a nonbeliever might say. The only One to teach scriptures is the Holy Spirit. The only way to understand doctrine is to be weened from the milk of the Word.

Okay, that's a stack of pennies to me. I thought the Word was the way we learned God's will, which I figured it would be the way we received God's milk (which is his wisdom). Sorry, not making sense there.

First things first. A nonbeliever will not understand scriptures without acceptance that Jesus is who He said He is. If someone sincerely wants to know who He is they need only to call on Him and ask, seek and knock for His Truth. Then with the help of the Holy Spirit, they can discern the scriptures spiritually, for the scriptures can only be understood with the spirit, otherwise they are merely words on the page. Without the Holy Spirits enlightenment they mean nothing to someone who doesn’t believe.

I asked a few times for the Spirit to come back to me and it seemed to fail miserably. If that doesn't happen, how else am I supposed to understand God's word. When I was a Christian, a friend of mine and I talked about the Parable of the Seven Virgins that carried seven lamps. The oil in the lamps I said represented the Holy Spirit and my friend said the Spirit revealed it to me. In retrospect, anybody who has taken a basic English or a class in textual criticism can figure what symbolism means.

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Honestly, why do you evangelists not use whole paragraphs in your preaching.

Romans 8:5-8

5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind[f] is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

Well duh, being human is a death sentence, but to be living according to the Spirit is...a death sentence. Either way, we die at the end. Your preaching does little to convince me either way.

Either way here, it still doesn't satisfy my point as to why Paul was selected by God at all. If God is perfect and wanted to spread to his Word, all he had to do was speak silently to everybody all at once since he is perfect and all-powerful.

The Apostles before Saul—named Paul—had Jesus with them to teach them the doctrine. Paul then learned from the Holy Spirit because Jesus sits on the right hand of our Father. The three are One. So, the Apostles and Paul learned from the same teacher and we learn from Him, also.

That still proves nothing about the necessity of having St. Paul in the narrative of Christianity. God is all-powerful, all-knowing and everywhere at once, so why not talk to me one-on-one. If such a being possessed those characteristics, wouldn't be logical for such an event to occur?

I am sorry, your witness has fallen on deaf ears.

GOD IS UNKNOWABLE.

Hi,

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

1Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

Ephesians 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

2Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

1Timothy 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Love,

Barb

ROM 11:34 who has known the mind of the Lord?

Jacob 4:8 How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him: and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knows of his ways except it be revealed to him...

The bible writers should have stopped before that last sentence. But they went ahead and revealed their own prejudices, hatred, and debauchery, claiming to speak for god in "revelations" as if god, a mystery whose ways are far from man's, called them up and told them to speak for him. Like if he spoke to a few, he couldn't speak to anyone else. :scratch:

HanSolo has said the rest in post #38

Jacob 4:8 How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him: and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knows of his ways except it be revealed to him...

The bible writers should have stopped before that last sentence. But they went ahead and revealed their own prejudices, hatred, and debauchery, claiming to speak for god in "revelations" as if god, a mystery whose ways are far from man's, called them up and told them to speak for him. Like if he spoke to a few, he couldn't speak to anyone else. :scratch:

I thought the bible said God's ways were mysterious and beyond our understanding? I wish xtians would make up their minds on whether or not God's ways are mysterious.

You said:

Barb, what brings you to this website? Curiosity, or the hopes of evangelizing and converting some lost souls for Jesus?

Barb said: I answered this thread because the claim about what God’s Word said about division, was incomplete. I don’t go around following people to convert them to Christianity. Not my style. I will contribute when I see something that’s incomplete.

So what brings you to this site? Are you attempting to convert those who are undecided to walk away from God?

Love,

Barb

NG said:

The bible also says that bats are birds, that bugs have six legs, and that the Earth is flat, so how come the bible got that wrong? Read this site if you

think the bible made any miraculous scientific predictions:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/science/long.html

Barb said: Ah that explains it—you just go by what other men say!! Why would I go to another man’s idea of Truth when I can search for it myself, with God as my guide!!

God the Creator of all verses some finite man who has a burr in his bonnet about something that happened to him in his childhood! I choose God!! Waahooo!!

QUOTE (HanSolo @ Nov 15 2008, 12:55 PM)

QUOTE (BarbB @ Nov 15 2008, 09:41 AM)

Seriously, have you ever considered how God or any divine, spiritual being, can be a gender? A gender would assume the appropriate attributes of that sex.

Right? Or are they sexless genders? All male, but without the.. you know... the wiener (to be respectful here). Does God have nipples? You of course would

say: "How silly, what a silly question!" But is it, if you claim God is a "HE" not a "SHE" or an "IT" or a "NON-SEX". You see? Of course you don't. I think

it's ridiculous to consider a supreme being to be of a specific gender or sex. The only reason why someone or something would be a HE or SHE is because

the opposite sex also exists, and for reproduction. Explain, what exactly is it that makes God a "he"? His beard? (It must be the infinite long beard,

since he's an infinite being...)

BARB SAID: It’s not a silly question, at all!!! God shows us in scripture the importants of the gender. All the angels were of the male gender, prior to this flesh age.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The morning stars include Jesus—last book of Revelation documents His name and Satan—Isaiah 14 documents his name as the Morning star--Lucifer

Because of the sins committed by Satan and the fallen angels, this earth age, is as it is. In order for God not to have to wipe out His children, this earth age is as it is.

Each of His children are to come through this flesh age and choose Him. Some fought with Him and stood by Him during the battle with Satan and the angels that followed Satan’s lies.

Those children who stood by God during that battle, are His justified, already chosen children, when they entered this flesh age. They do not have a free-will choice. They are His elect, they are also known as the remnant—they know the Truth and they attempt to guide and direct people to the Truth. However, Satan knows God'’ plan of Salvation and Satan has attempted in this earth age to destroy the blood-line to Christ. Satan'’ children are alive and doing their best to kill, steal and destroy during this time on earth.

The reason that a female was created during this time, in the flesh was to have the angels of God, known in scriptures as the “sons” of God to be born innocent and make a free-will choice to choose God. God loves His children soo much that He didn’t want to kill them all off because they chose Satan. He wanted them to choose Him. In coming to this flesh age, on earth, having lived here once before in incorruptible bodies, God could save those who chose Satan, in the earth age before flesh age.This life is a vapor compared to eternity. When this vapor is over, so will the female gender be finished. There will be no more need for such a vessel. When we die we will be as the angels, because that’s what we were before.

In order to be saved—two things had to happen for us—

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

We all have to go through this flesh age—born through our Mother’s womb and then born of the spirit—receiving the Holy Spirit.

The following scriptures will show you that when we arrive in this flesh age—the remembrance of former things we do not have—but staying in the Word will reveal the Truth of what was and what is and what will come—

Ecc 1:10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Ecc 1:11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

We are born innocent and to learn what we once knew is to understand the scriptures.

Interesting analogy. You do know that the sword was considered a phallus symbol in many cultures. The word "sword" sometimes were used as a allusion to

the dongle. So maybe God is a "he" because Jesus is the member?

In the beginning the Word was with God and the Word is God...maybe this will help, if not meditate on it and Jesus will reveal the Truth to you, in His

timing!

Did 30 years of devout interest and searching for God's will and "truth" count? Obviously it wasn't enough to spend my childhood, adolescence, and up to

being middle-aged, before realizing God does not reveal truth, the truth is a mixed bag of nuts and different flavors. It all depends on who you trust,

read, and listen too, not what really is there literally.

Barb said: You had a problem when I said something about this comment before!!??? You said it has to do with “who” you TRUST—If you trust in anyone but God you were looking for God in all the wrong places!!

MathGeek

You said:

Why isn't there a squid icon next to her name

Barb said: Would that make things better for you?…lol!

Hansolo said:

So God does have a dongle then?

You really didn't answer my question. What makes God a male? Is it his beard? His sexual organs? His DNA? The tone of his voice? What?

Barb said: I pray I’ve answered this question above! ;)

Hansolo said:

I spent trusting in some man for 30 years? What do you mean? I was reading the Bible and prayed, is that trusting man? I guess you're right. I trusted Paul,

John, Moses and all those other man who wrote the Bible, instead I should have trusted my own voice inside me, which told me: God is imaginary.

That's why it took me 30 years to realize Christianity is just BS. Now I do trust myself and my inner voice, and I know for sure that Christianity is false.

Barb said: Prayerfully above I answered your question! Sorry you gave up and didn’t continue in the faith!! I’m glad you feel so free trusting in yourself—when the bottom falls out remember God will always be there to cling to, if you choose Him!

You said:

Nah. That's just putting one of your favorite things equated to one of your other favorite things. Love is love. God is fantasy (depending on how you define

God). Or more clearly: The Christian God is a fantasy. Your phrase doesn't make any more sense than to say: Love is Chocolate.

Barb said: Sorry you see it that way!! I notice the time meant something of importance to you—30 years was supposed to offer what? I’ve been in the Christ for 45 years—does that mean anything?? NO!! It’s not how long you’ve been in Christ that makes the difference!! Means nothing!

You said:

lmao_99.gif I'm starting to think you're just pulling our legs!!!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif "Sticking around". Sure. That was actually funny in the context.

3.gif

Barb said: Pulling your leg about what???

You said:

Sure. See you later.

Barb said: Hi, it’s later

You said:

Yeah. I read the whole Bible several times, and the NT many more. Even read it in different languages, and I had a "Greek-English" NT which I studied too.

I went to Bible school, mission trips, knocked doors... so yeah. I did spend my life in the belief all these things were true. But not anymore, and I'm

a better person, and have a better life for it.

Barb said: Woopee!! You read it several times, you went through the motions of Christianity! Woopee! Did you undestand it!! NO! If you understood our Father, you would have never left the faith—that’s why God says those things you must remember—IF YOU HAVE EYES TO SEE and EARS TO HEAR –Did you ever ask God to help you to have eyes to see and ears to hear His Truth! Did you ever ask HIM to consider you worthy to reveal His Mysteries—do you remember what the beginning of wisdom is??

You said:

By golly, I remember the days I was as cheerful as you. I remember the days my friends and I spent a whole night in a small local church, praying for revival

in town... it still hasn't come. :shrugs:

Barb said: Did you check with God first to see if it was His will! We can pray for the moon to turn green, or elephants fly, but if it’s not part of God’s overall plan—you are wasting your time! Helps to know the plan—can only find that through the Word of God with God enlightening you!!

You said:

I noticed that in life, if I do things, they happen, if I pray for things to happen, it seems like they don't happen. Barb, take charge of your own life

and stop living the delusion. It's very destructive to your future.

Love,

Barb said: Sins good for a season my friend!! As I said before—when the bottom falls out remember who to turn to—He’ll be there—He never left you, even though you left Him!! I thought you said your life was better for having left Him—yet you aren’t as joyful as I am??? How sad for you! I’m sorry!

You said:

Love to you too.

Barb said: THANKS! That’s sweet!!

HanSolo

QUOTE (MathGeek @ Nov 15 2008, 11:11 AM)

Fixed.

Barb said: So what’s this for? A new symbol of the fairy gods or something?

MathGeek

Barb said: You are speculating on what a nonbeliever might say. The only One to teach scriptures is the Holy Spirit. The only way to understand doctrine

is to be weened from the milk of the Word.

Okay, that's a stack of pennies to me. I thought the Word was the way we learned God's will, which I figured it would be the way we received God's milk

(which is his wisdom). Sorry, not making sense there.

Barb said: The milk of the Word is God’s message of Salvation—that’s the beginning of the walk with Jesus—once someone is secure with knowing that our Jesus died for their sins—so that we appear sinnless to our Father—then we are free to live and grow in Christ—the milk is the Salvation message—which technically is God’s wisdom—but that’s not the message from our Father—the message is understand that Jesus died to save you—it is a free gift—we need only to receive that gift and then we continue in the Word for the wisdom from our Father!!

You said:

I asked a few times for the Spirit to come back to me and it seemed to fail miserably. If that doesn't happen, how else am I supposed to understand God's

word. When I was a Christian, a friend of mine and I talked about the Parable of

Barb said: How unfortunate for you! Firstly, the Holy Spirit is a He and a Christian doesn’t ask for Him to come to them—by believing that our Lord died for their sins—it’s a free gift! You can’t do works to accept the gift!!

You said:

the Seven Virgins that carried seven lamps. The oil in the lamps I said

represented the Holy Spirit and my friend said the Spirit revealed it to me. In retrospect, anybody who has taken a basic English or a class in textual

criticism can figure what symbolism means.

Barb said: Firstly—there were ten virgins and secondly—your friend lied to you—the oil is the wisdom of the Holy Spirit—without the wisdom from the Holy Spirit—the virgins—aka those calling themselves Christians won’t know when the first Christ—the ANTI-CHRIST is coming.

Sorry to hear you were taught falsely! God wouldn’t have falsely taught you! Should have sought His wisdom!

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

1Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because

they are spiritually discerned.

Honestly, why do you evangelists not use whole paragraphs in your preaching.

Romans 8:5-8

5Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their

minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6The mind of sinful man[e] is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind[f]

is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

Well duh, being human is a death sentence, but to be living according to the Spirit is...a death sentence. Either way, we die at the end. Your preaching

does little to convince me either way.

Either way here, it still doesn't satisfy my point as to why Paul was selected by God at all. If God is perfect and wanted to spread to his Word, all he

had to do was speak silently to everybody all at once since he is perfect and all-powerful.

Barb said: If you read above, you may understand that there were those of us that stood by God—during the battle with Satan—those are justified and know the Truth—there were those who sat on the fence—found in scriptures—and they need to choose God during this time in the flesh and then there were those who tagged along with Satan—God speaks to all His children according to the way they speak to Him. Those sincerely searching will find Him and they will choose Him and He will open the scriptures to them and they will be justified, also—it has largely to do with what type of people we were prior to this flesh age.

Paul was used as an example to all those who don’t believe they are worthy of forgiveness. Paul killed Christians and he plotted against God, however, he believed he was doing it in defence of God. Paul called himself the chief sinner, worse than anyone and yet God didn’t only forgive his sins, God gave him favor—and he wrote about two thirds of the NT. The reason Paul is the example is to show those who think there is no way for them to find forgiveness from our Father that God wipes away all sin when someone sincerely humbles themselves and comes to God for forgiveness.

You said:

That still proves nothing about the necessity of having St. Paul in the narrative of Christianity. God is all-powerful, all-knowing and everywhere at once,

so why not talk to me one-on-one. If such a being possessed those characteristics, wouldn't be logical for such an event to occur?

Barb said: I think I answered this above—with one exception—the more you want to know the more God will show you—One on one! It takes being weened from the milk—meaning you know Jesus died for your sins, so God could look at you through Christ and see that you are cleansed of all unrighteousness—then the Holy Spirit will guide you to the Truth, of God’s Word.

YOU said:

I am sorry, your witness has fallen on deaf ears.

Barb said: My what??? Did you think I was trying to convert you?? That’s not my job my friend!! Who fed you this garbage?? I cannot save you—only Jesus can and He loves you and when He and you are ready you will hear the Truth—I have nothing to do with that, at all!

QUOTE (agnosticator @ Nov 15 2008, 08:

ROM 11:34 who has known the mind of the Lord?

Jacob 4:8 How unsearchable are the depths of the mysteries of him: and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no man knows of his ways

except it be revealed to him...

The bible writers should have stopped before that last sentence. But they went ahead and revealed their own prejudices, hatred, and debauchery, claiming

to speak for god in "revelations" as if god, a mystery whose ways are far from man's, called them up and told them to speak for him. Like if he spoke to

a few, he couldn't speak to anyone else.

silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

Barb said: Sorry you feel that way!! By the Way—The