Goodbye Jesus

A House Divided Against Itself

Neon Genesis

Yes. That's what Pet stands for in Pet-Rock. It's the holy name of the rock, and you dare not utter it, so you abbreviate it as "Pet", just like YHWH or G-d. We Pet-Rockoists do not dare say the name in full.

Lest ye be stoned.

mwc

The Pet-Rock is marbelous, it made the shales fall off my eyes, and anyone can join the Holy Petrology Church, it's not too slate. Just make sure you don't get into the false Church and start following the Anthracite.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Neon Genesis

• mwc

• agnosticator

He wants to help in times of trials and need. But as I said above—It was never a choice for me—It was God or allow man to tell me what’s right and what’s wrong and that changes from how the wind blows these days.

I find this a bit contradictory. You point out that we all were exposed to "wrong" versions of Christianity. So clearly Christian theology is no more reliable than "man."

humanistic morality does not change as the wind blows either, that is false christian propaganda you have been listening to. I treat my moral thought as I treat any rational issue, I change my values when I gain knowledge which disproves my old view.

Personally I do not see being willing to change my moral views as a weakness, I think that blindly believing in a moral code that is unhelpful and causes problems simply because "change is bad" IS a weakness.

On an side note, could you posibly learn how to use the quote function? Reading your post was a quite difficult.