Goodbye Jesus

Here's The Point

Guest end3

Perhaps I am not aware of the rigid definition of humanism, but it seems more of a "me" type stance. Is this not accurate? If I allowed "me" to run loose, there you are, statements like I just made....the real truth. It dosen't seem to be hindering Rhia or White Raven from achieving permanent PMS....why should I, in my new selective me adventure, be what you expect me to be.
Don't you dare talk about them like that. Rhia and White Raven have been very friendly people since I've been here. If they've been rude to you, more often than not, you brought it on yourself. So, don't you go calling Rhia a bitch and then turn around and say she's the one rude to you. Apologize right now for that comment. How do you put someone on ignore on ex-c? And don't blame humanism for your rude behavior. As far as I can remember, you've always been like that this since day one, Mr. I Came To Ex-C To Spam.

Please, please don't throw me in the briar patch...and go read again, poor Ms. Rhia is proud of being a bitch....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PiracyOfTheHead

• chefranden

• Kuroikaze

• Rhia

you will burn in hell end3. You are a phony. You think you are "saved" but you are not.

In hell my friend.

you will burn in hell end3. You are a phony. You think you are "saved" but you are not.

In hell my friend.

So captian Nightflight,

It appears you and many can support their fellow non-believers, but cast out a human with a lable that doesn't suit you. YOU friend, don't know me from Adam, so how can you pass judgement?

So captian Nightflight,

It appears you and many can support their fellow non-believers, but cast out a human with a lable that doesn't suit you. YOU friend, don't know me from Adam, so how can you pass judgement?

We can only judge you by your actions here....just as you do to us as well.

Don't be retarded. Egoism and hedonism are more in line with "me" philosophy than humanism is. Your just being a cock because you want to be.
Xtianity is more in line with "me" philosophy than humanism is, since xtians believe the universe revolves around them, that they're God's special favorites above everybody else, that they can speak on God's behalf and know what he thinks, that they have an exclusive relationship with the grand creator of the universe, and that God actually gives a rat's ass about them, and will grant them eternal life if they can kiss his ass enough, and as long as the xtians can get into heaven, who cares about the rest of humanity.

Not mind boggling, but the point is: Either love works for us on some level, or we choose an alternative. There is probably a level that each of us can tolerate for a time without love, but if this level falls below or altogether fails us, we choose a perspective that satisfies the level we need.......

Here's the deal End: Neither humans or gods are just love. The world is a hell of a lot more complex than that. Love is not "the answer" and never has been. Love is appropriate under some circumstances and it is not appropriate under others. It is a part of the mix of emotions/behaviors that has come down to us from evolution via our ancestors.

It is illogical to expect people to including yourself to be always loving. Not even the god of the bible could pull that off, despite claims to the contrary. "God is Love." Phooey, it is just not so by reason of what is written.

It is not as if since perfect love is impossible therefore perfect meanness must therefore be the case. This is like trying to have coin with only one side. It can't be done. You have gotten your information on what a real human is from religion which makes assumptions rather than studies.

Just look at Jesus when he did in that date tree. Pure meanness, because he was pissed. Nothing says human like that story does.

The point of my statement that most are failing to recognize is, love failed most everyone here to some degree (including me), and therefore many have formed new alliances with x, whatever x might be......i.e. ex Christian friends, searching for some physical truth, etc.

To your point if you wish, love did not fail me. In fact it is love, and the desire for it that led me to find it - which entailed me having to leave behind a system full of empty promises. So "love" did not fail, but in fact served me. What fails love, is the Christian who instead substitutes religion for it and consequently does not know it, let alone serve it.

Tedious like anticipation? As far as the gerbil wheel thing, maybe because you are a senior member, I missed your enlightenment period.

My "enlightenment period" occurred before I even found these wonderful people here. And it was rough. The things I had trusted and believed in all my life to be solid and concrete absolutes where dissolving into insubstantial mist before my eyes. The more I researched for something solid to hook my faith to...the faster things dissolved.

You start to feel very alone intellectually when you come to realize that actual knowledge refutes the commonly held beliefs in what seems like everyone around you. And for as long as the religious have holy rolled through most of our modern history in positions of authority and power (and still do), nonbelievers have been working to "blend in" just as long to stay out of the fire.

With the internet, that kind of hiding is essentially over for us nontheists. And it was when I quested online to see if I could find people like me, I found this place.

And for the most part, I think that holds true....most here do not come to be enlightened in order to abandon religion (though a very few do). Most have found they've already lost it slowly over time as they've learned more. The "enlightenment" comes when we realize by coming somewhere like here...that we really are NOT alone at all.

So why are you here again?

Perhaps I am not aware of the rigid definition of humanism, but it seems more of a "me" type stance. Is this not accurate? ...

No

Here is the not so rigid definition:

Humanism is a progressive philosophy of life that, without supernaturalism, affirms our ability and responsibility to lead ethical lives of personal fulfillment that aspire to the greater good of humanity.

The lifestance of Humanism—guided by reason, inspired by compassion, and informed by experience—encourages us to live life well and fully. It evolved through the ages and continues to develop through the efforts of thoughtful people who recognize that values and ideals, however carefully wrought, are subject to change as our knowledge and understandings advance.

This document is part of an ongoing effort to manifest in clear and positive terms the conceptual boundaries of Humanism, not what we must believe but a consensus of what we do believe. It is in this sense that we affirm the following:

Knowledge of the world is derived by observation, experimentation, and rational analysis. Humanists find that science is the best method for determining this knowledge as well as for solving problems and developing beneficial technologies. We also recognize the value of new departures in thought, the arts, and inner experience—each subject to analysis by critical intelligence.

Humans are an integral part of nature, the result of unguided evolutionary change. Humanists recognize nature as self-existing. We accept our life as all and enough, distinguishing things as they are from things as we might wish or imagine them to be. We welcome the challenges of the future, and are drawn to and undaunted by the yet to be known.

Ethical values are derived from human need and interest as tested by experience. Humanists ground values in human welfare shaped by human circumstances, interests, and concerns and extended to the global ecosystem and beyond. We are committed to treating each person as having inherent worth and dignity, and to making informed choices in a context of freedom consonant with responsibility.

Life's fulfillment emerges from individual participation in the service of humane ideals. We aim for our fullest possible development and animate our lives with a deep sense of purpose, finding wonder and awe in the joys and beauties of human existence, its challenges and tragedies, and even in the inevitability and finality of death. Humanists rely on the rich heritage of human culture and the lifestance of Humanism to provide comfort in times of want and encouragement in times of plenty.

Humans are social by nature and find meaning in relationships. Humanists long for and strive toward a world of mutual care and concern, free of cruelty and its consequences, where differences are resolved cooperatively without resorting to violence. The joining of individuality with interdependence enriches our lives, encourages us to enrich the lives of others, and inspires hope of attaining peace, justice, and opportunity for all.

Working to benefit society maximizes individual happiness. Progressive cultures have worked to free humanity from the brutalities of mere survival and to reduce suffering, improve society, and develop global community. We seek to minimize the inequities of circumstance and ability, and we support a just distribution of nature's resources and the fruits of human effort so that as many as possible can enjoy a good life.

Humanists are concerned for the well being of all, are committed to diversity, and respect those of differing yet humane views. We work to uphold the equal enjoyment of human rights and civil liberties in an open, secular society and maintain it is a civic duty to participate in the democratic process and a planetary duty to protect nature's integrity, diversity, and beauty in a secure, sustainable manner.

Thus engaged in the flow of life, we aspire to this vision with the informed conviction that humanity has the ability to progress toward its highest ideals. The responsibility for our lives and the kind of world in which we live is ours and ours alone.

For historical purposes, see preceding Humanist Manifestos: I and II.

Click here for a version in Spanish.

* Humanist Manifesto is a trademark of the American Humanist Association-© 2003 American Humanist Association

Don't be retarded. Egoism and hedonism are more in line with "me" philosophy than humanism is. Your just being a cock because you want to be.
Xtianity is more in line with "me" philosophy than humanism is, since xtians believe the universe revolves around them, that they're God's special favorites above everybody else, that they can speak on God's behalf and know what he thinks, that they have an exclusive relationship with the grand creator of the universe, and that God actually gives a rat's ass about them, and will grant them eternal life if they can kiss his ass enough, and as long as the xtians can get into heaven, who cares about the rest of humanity.

That's true, although that could be said of all religions with God. God is just a persons ego transposed into the universe.

Thank you Neon - but we all know that End is nothing more than a scared little boy who has probably forgotten his meds (yet again) looking for love - and not surprisingly, this is just one of many wrong places.

I'd suggest he go to his wife to get further stroked, but I doubt she wants to. Who would want to, though? He can say that I'm rude all he likes, but at least I'm not going into ChristianForums or even to the faces of my Xn friends and acting like an uncouth brute. I'd call him a Neanderthal, but I think that might be insulting to our fellow extinct sub-species. Though if one goes with the theory that they indeed bred with homo sapien, then maybe there is some validity.

Fucking dirty old man - I bet you're just over the moon that I'm single now.

• Super Moderator
Fucking dirty old man - I bet you're just over the moon that I'm single now.

No need to insult us dirty old men. We have feelings too!

No need to insult us dirty old men. We have feelings too!

Awww! You know I "love" ya!

Not mind boggling, but the point is: Either love works for us on some level, or we choose an alternative. There is probably a level that each of us can tolerate for a time without love, but if this level falls below or altogether fails us, we choose a perspective that satisfies the level we need.......

I don't know anything about your past conversations on exchristian.net, and am probably better off not knowing at the moment.

The OP doesn't make sense to me, maybe because you aren't being specific enough, so elaborate clearly for me please.

To your point if you wish, love did not fail me.

I believe that to be correct, I don't think love in itself fails.

In fact it is love, and the desire for it that led me to find it - which entailed me having to leave behind a system full of empty promises.

I am certain this is the point I was trying to make....that we have a level of love to be maintained and a desire to fulfill that level, which will lead us in a new direction or repent from another.

What fails love, is the Christian who instead substitutes religion for it and consequently does not know it, let alone serve it.

Yes, but could be said for other interests or practices. Thanks AM

My "enlightenment period" occurred before I even found these wonderful people here. And it was rough. The things I had trusted and believed in all my life to be solid and concrete absolutes where dissolving into insubstantial mist before my eyes. The more I researched for something solid to hook my faith to...the faster things dissolved.

You start to feel very alone intellectually when you come to realize that actual knowledge refutes the commonly held beliefs in what seems like everyone around you. And for as long as the religious have holy rolled through most of our modern history in positions of authority and power (and still do), nonbelievers have been working to "blend in" just as long to stay out of the fire.

With the internet, that kind of hiding is essentially over for us nontheists. And it was when I quested online to see if I could find people like me, I found this place.

And for the most part, I think that holds true....most here do not come to be enlightened in order to abandon religion (though a very few do). Most have found they've already lost it slowly over time as they've learned more. The "enlightenment" comes when we realize by coming somewhere like here...that we really are NOT alone at all.

Thank you.

So why are you here again?

Filling the void I would assume. Best guess is from Japedo.....I feel loved in the same way that I was raised.....so I assume I come here to be looked down apon. I am finding more confidence with time by understanding the "battles" to address.

I don't know anything about your past conversations on exchristian.net, and am probably better off not knowing at the moment.

The OP doesn't make sense to me, maybe because you aren't being specific enough, so elaborate clearly for me please.

The hypothesis is this:

1) That humans require love on some level....and that we all have a level to be maintained.

2) If we can't find an association to fill this "underfilled" personal level, we will "repent" from that association and search for another until we find it.

3) And that we are missing the boat if we can only love within associations.

End, I don't disagree that humans require love...but before they require love, they also require food, water, clothing, and shelter. Love is higher up on the scale. Certain needs must be fulfilled first.

You also cannot expect every human being to be in love with you. That is not realistic. Find someone who actually *does* love you, which happens over time and usually not on a web site.

I see an association as the fellowship or company of more than one person. I define love as a deep emotion or feeling of affection towards another person(s) we highly value.

So, you seem to be saying: if we don't receive enough of the love that we need from others, we keep searching. Additionally, people cannot maintain the needed level, so I assume you mean only a supernatural god can. That's quite a leap for a mysterious god to be loved and to love back emotionally. How can a mystery (god) have a personal loving relationship with humans?

Your answer would be that it is possible and needed. I disagree, since god is objectively unknowable at the present time. To say god is knowable personally, requires subjective belief and faith.

For me, the universe and all within it gives me a deep feeling of value (I am in awe of life and nature), but not human love. I love the universe and nature, but it is not the same as human to human love. I also love santa claus, but I realize he's a mythical figure that represents goodwill, happiness, and love.

You can believe the christian god is love, but realize KNOWING this god is impossible.

End, I don't disagree that humans require love...but before they require love, they also require food, water, clothing, and shelter. Love is higher up on the scale. Certain needs must be fulfilled first.

You also cannot expect every human being to be in love with you. That is not realistic. Find someone who actually *does* love you, which happens over time and usually not on a web site.

End3?? Take a look at Maslow's Pyramid, it points to what Amehyst is referring to, the primal needs must be met first, if you're looking for an answer I would start there, Maslow's Pyramid of human psychology, i think you may glean a lot from it.

All gods or deities that people propose and the religions that go along with them are the farthest things from Love ever. They all basically say the same thing, "I have ultimate truth and you are going to hell because you don't believe exactly as I do! You can go to heaven to but you must do exactly what I say and suck my skydaddy's cock, otherwise you'll be tortured for eternity! Neener Neener!"

Screw that nonsense, as another poster already said, I found love only once I left the church and all that religious mumbo jumbo.

In fact it is love, and the desire for it that led me to find it - which entailed me having to leave behind a system full of empty promises.

I am certain this is the point I was trying to make....that we have a level of love to be maintained and a desire to fulfill that level, which will lead us in a new direction or repent from another.

It seems once again I function as your translator. :HaHa: I think I'm going to set up a paypal account and you can purchase my translations at $5.00 a piece. $25.00 if a couple paragraphs in length. BTW, is that your picture on the avatar? Oddly that looks like the mental image I had, except for being white and male, that is. :)

It seems once again I function as your translator. :HaHa: I think I'm going to set up a paypal account and you can purchase my translations at $5.00 a piece. $25.00 if a couple paragraphs in length. BTW, is that your picture on the avatar? Oddly that looks like the mental image I had, except for being white and male, that is. :)

lol, White Raven has been propositioning me, so I thought I would post a pic. Only posted a side view so she wouldn't "burn with lust", or whatever that bible phase is... ;)

Put the translation on my bill....I will deduct it from the philisophical consultations I provide ExC.....I figure I am way ahead....

lol, White Raven has been propositioning me, so I thought I would post a pic. Only posted a side view so she wouldn't "burn with lust", or whatever that bible phase is... ;)

It looks like you're texting a message. "Dear Pastor, I want a refund".

i am confused here.

we all understand concepts of love and i think we could all agree that love comes in various of forms. be it romantic love, love between family members, love between friends, humantarian love and so forth.

so i have to ask, what type of love are you talking about and what is the point of asking this question?

(not meaning to be offensive, just kind of confused on where this is going.)