Goodbye Jesus

Malevolent Design: The Death Of A Loving God

Guest Malevolent Design

Hey Rev, good to see you back again! I'll have to take a look at your sample chapters. It'll be a hard read, I know since I still hold on to some sort of deist god concept,but knowledge is power and all that.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverend AtheiStar

• Mriana

• Ariella

• LBW

I only offer the first chapter, but that equals out to 27 pages. I hit on a lot of topics, though, and so it's packed full!

Hey Rev, good to see you back again! I'll have to take a look at your sample chapters. It'll be a hard read, I know since I still hold on to some sort of deist god concept,but knowledge is power and all that.

I'm back, but only part time. Most of my computer time is spent either on MySpace or FSA -- and even with that it's only in moderation. This place, if I'm not careful, would suck me in if I let it. I have to be wary of such temptations as they tend to make me sacrifice time with family. Kids are only kids for so long!

I hit on Deism briefly in chapter four.

Description:

Never before has a book so aggressively leveled the charge that a creator deity, if it were to exist, would be completely and unimaginably evil. Through the use of five very detailed categories, the case against the existence of a loving god is painstakingly -- and effectively -- made. Starting with the horrors we find abundant in nature and ending with the malicious fine scale engineering of all of time, the good Reverend takes you down a dark path that's rarely traveled, and for good reason. To admit to such is to undo a time honored and extremely financially rewarding tradition, religion.

* Proves Pascal's Wager to be a big joke through fiction (A Christian Goes to Islamic Hell) & critical analysis

* Proves Noah's Ark impossible -- and quite hilarious!

* Proves that souls do not exist!

* Proves that Jesus was far from a good moral example!

* Proves Jesus to be nothing more than a pagan copycat -- with much more mythological detail than Acharya!

And never before has a person who is incapable of reading the religious texts in their original language, and been unfortunate enough to be brought up in the most bogus of the Abrahamic faiths, simply vented spleen rather than taken the effort to learn.

Pascal's Wager is a fraud because it is based on a religion which is itself a fraud. The flood story is widely misinterpreted, but when read in the original, the entire meaning changes, and has historical examples not only within the Middle East, but in numerous other parts of the planet. The concept of a "soul" is yet another example of something the Christians fabricated -- too much emphasis on "Believe in Jesus, win the prize." If you don't like the moral example of Jesus, I suspect you've probably been reading too much KJV, Paul, or other non-contemporary texts. Study the era. Things will make more sense after you do. And if it isn't obvious that the Christian version of Jesus IS a copycat, you've definitely not studied early church history.

Having dispensed with your laziness and why you rejected G-d instead of the just rejecting last remaining living Roman pagan cult (that would be Christianity ...), I suspect your book is still more of the same -- the irate rantings of a former Christian who wanted to believe that being lazy was a free ride to the Great Theme Park in the Sky. Science answers "How?", G-d answers "Why?" The existence of G-d isn't proven in natural laws, but rather within the domain of morality. The existence of Morality is the fingerprint of G-d.

There are better reads if you still hold to a belief that G-d exists. Unfortunately, those other reads all lead to the same conclusions -- if you're lazy, you have two choices: become an atheist, or go back to being a Christian.

And never before has a person who is incapable of reading the religious texts in their original language, and been unfortunate enough to be brought up in the most bogus of the Abrahamic faiths, simply vented spleen rather than taken the effort to learn.

A hater? Nice! I'm too excited! All this love has been great, but hate sets my heart aflutter and my fingers a-tappin'! Thank you, thank you and thanks, again!

That's assuming an awful lot from just reading the description. Have you been to my site? Do you have any idea what Malevolent Design is actually about? It doesn't need any religious texts, though they are helpful in proving my point. No, all it needs is the universe. Here, see for yourself:

www.malevolentdesign.org

Pascal's Wager is a fraud because it is based on a religion which is itself a fraud.

Yes, that's true (all theistic religions are frauds), but that's not the main reason. The main flaw of Pascal's Wager is it's sheer and striking myopia. It only considers two options, Christianity and Atheism. The truth of the matter is that there are thousands upon thousands of religions, none of which he bothers to consider.

The flood story is widely misinterpreted, but when read in the original, the entire meaning changes, and has historical examples not only within the Middle East, but in numerous other parts of the planet.

Yeah, I know. It's all in my book. I've studied where the Flood myth evolved out of and all the scientific reasons why it never occurred. It was a lot of fun!

The concept of a "soul" is yet another example of something the Christians fabricated -- too much emphasis on "Believe in Jesus, win the prize."

So you believe in a god, but not a soul? How odd! Well, at least you have got half of it right! lol...

If you don't like the moral example of Jesus, I suspect you've probably been reading too much KJV, Paul, or other non-contemporary texts. Study the era. Things will make more sense after you do.

I'm referring to, yes, what is found in the Bible. He comes off as a real two faced asshole. More importantly, though, he comes off as a sinner -- big time. And what are the punishments prescribed for the offenses he commits? Death, death and death, again! Pretty funny, actually!

Do I live in that fictional character's era? No, I don't. The morality of thattime was atrocious. I'm happy to say I'm better than that!

And if it isn't obvious that the Christian version of Jesus IS a copycat, you've definitely not studied early church history.

I've studied that along with other, much earlier religions that inspired his creation. I detail four of these in my book.

Having dispensed with your laziness...

My laziness? Your attack is loaded with a ton of incorrect assumptions based on nothing more than a brief description! If that doesn't defeine "laziness" I don't know what does! Speak for yourself, hypocrite!

...and why you rejected G-d instead of the just rejecting last remaining living Roman pagan cult (that would be Christianity ...)

I lack belief in all gods and goddesses, not just the one I was brought up to believe in. I'm actually quite consistent in my rejection, unlike any theist I've ever met.

I suspect your book is still more of the same -- the irate rantings of a former Christian who wanted to believe that being lazy was a free ride to the Great Theme Park in the Sky.

Well, that's your first and biggest problem. You're too lazy to do more than "suspect." All you've done is assume and you know what that makes out of you and me.

Science answers "How?", G-d answers "Why?"

Science answers the how, the why and the when. Your god answers nothing because he's just imaginary. All you have is the scribblings of men with OCD, schizophrenia and/or overactive imaginations.

The existence of G-d isn't proven in natural laws, but rather within the domain of morality. The existence of Morality is the fingerprint of G-d.

Oh please, it's proven by neither. Morality is a product of both our brains and our emotional hardware. These things evolved, they were not created by a magical SkyDaddy. Talk about being lazy and not doing research! Wow!

There are better reads if you still hold to a belief that G-d exists. Unfortunately, those other reads all lead to the same conclusions -- if you're lazy, you have two choices: become an atheist, or go back to being a Christian.

Another flawed assumption. Beliefs aren't choices. You don't choose to not believe or believe in anything. You can choose to join a church, a temple or a mosque, but that won't necessarily make you into a believer. You can even choose to take part in all the silly OCD rituals, but it's still not guaranteed to change your mind, though ones that involve things like peyote or LSD, traditionally, have better results. Beliefs, you see, come about through convincing evidence -- and we don't choose whether we're conviced or not. This is another subject I tackle in my book!

p.s. Thanks! I almost feel like a should be paying you!

((((pet fundy))))

The existence of G-d isn't proven in natural laws, but rather within the domain of morality. The existence of Morality is the fingerprint of G-d.

You need to dispatch with your ignorance. Morality is both a product of godless nature, societal and parental training and personal experience. Other animals have it, too, not just humans. Dogs and chimps are two excellent examples that have been extensively studied. Do some research and get back to me. I'll be waiting..

If your god existed, he'd be evil. End of story. It's a good thing then, then he doesn't. It's just a program running in your brain. There are ways to remove this program, but you must be willing to try.

p.s. Why can't you spell out the "o" in God? Are you afraid to? "G-d" just isn't the same. You're doing your imaginary friend a disservice, really.

Ah, and what exactly do you mean by "learn?" It wouldn't be synonomous with "believe," now would it?

Oh man, don't tell me you're a fucking seagull, just droppng your shit and flying off! Ooooo, I hate people like you! Stay and fight! Doesn't your imagiunary friend deserve that much? WTF?!

Beliefs aren't choices. You don't choose to not believe or believe in anything. You can choose to join a church, a temple or a mosque, but that won't necessarily make you into a believer. You can even choose to take part in all the silly OCD rituals, but it's still not guaranteed to change your mind, though ones that involve things like peyote or LSD, traditionally, have better results. Beliefs, you see, come about through convincing evidence -- and we don't choose whether we're conviced or not. This is another subject I tackle in my book!

Too true! I could pretend to go back to, "loving jesus," but I could no longer believe it, no matter how badly I wanted to. I look forward to reading your book!

Beliefs aren't choices. You don't choose to not believe or believe in anything. You can choose to join a church, a temple or a mosque, but that won't necessarily make you into a believer. You can even choose to take part in all the silly OCD rituals, but it's still not guaranteed to change your mind, though ones that involve things like peyote or LSD, traditionally, have better results. Beliefs, you see, come about through convincing evidence -- and we don't choose whether we're conviced or not. This is another subject I tackle in my book!

Too true! I could pretend to go back to, "loving jesus," but I could no longer believe it, no matter how badly I wanted to. I look forward to reading your book!

Yup, the mind just doesn't work that way, no matter how hard they try to convince you otherwise. There's a good reason, too, why they want to keep that belief around. If it's not your choice to be an unbeliever, well then it's awful hard to demonize you for it, isn't it?

Thank you. I worked my ass off -- in less than ideal conditions, shall we say! Sometimes I was typing one-handed with a baby on my leg! Often I had to stop to break up fights between my other two children. It's been a labor of love, though!

Thank you. I worked my ass off -- in less than ideal conditions, shall we say! Sometimes I was typing one-handed with a baby on my leg! Often I had to stop to break up fights between my other two children. It's been a labor of love, though!

I get that! I stay home with my four little ones (ages 3 months to 5 years), so I'm fortunate to even get to fire off a couple of posts on this forum every now and then! :) I commend you for working so hard to get your book finished. I've downloaded it and read part of the intro - perhaps I'll get to read the rest before my kids are grown!

Congratulations!

I just bought the PDF version. I'll let you know what I think. Glory!

You got the last copy, then, of the First Edition! Thanks bro!

Congratulations!

Thanks! :)

Tell me what you think of the extra chapter I added, too. It's not in the first version, but I'm giving it away for free because I feel it's what it was missing -- and because it's only fair. I posted it here under the title "5 Christian Excuses for Malevolent Design."

Tell me what you think of the extra chapter I added, too. It's not in the first version, but I'm giving it away for free because I feel it's what it was missing -- and because it's only fair. I posted it here under the title "5 Christian Excuses for Malevolent Design."

Will do, Brother! Glory!

The MD:TDoaLG Project is about to get big! I signed up with Google today! They have an advertising program called AdWords:

www.adwords.google.com

It's going to be a slow ride, however, as I have very little $ to work with. I had to set the monthly limit to $10! No matter, though, even if just a handful of people see it, it'll be that much more than I had without it.

The MD:TDoaLG Project is about to get big! I signed up with Google today! They have an advertising program called AdWords:

www.adwords.google.com

It's going to be a slow ride, however, as I have very little $ to work with. I had to set the monthly limit to $10! No matter, though, even if just a handful of people see it, it'll be that much more than I had without it.

Have you gotten any e-books out there on how to make adwords super-profitable? From what I understand, unless you use the right methods, your ads can be largely useless. But with the correct techniques you can make quite a bit of moolah. I really hope your book does well!

www.adwords.google.com

Have you gotten any e-books out there on how to make adwords super-profitable? From what I understand, unless you use the right methods, your ads can be largely useless. But with the correct techniques you can make quite a bit of moolah. I really hope your book does well!

Other than seeing the damn things everywhere, I know very little about it. I haven't read anything other than what they have on their site. I can tell you, though, since it's a business, it's entirely slanted towards those who contribute more funds to the system. Me, having just about nothing, will probably see next to nada from it. It's worth a try, though, and exciting to contemplate it actually showing results.

I'll have to check and see if there are any articles on how to make it work the best it can.

Thanks. I've made a little bit ($150) thus far. It's not anywhere next to what I thought it'd make, though. I was banking on it's level of controversey making it a hot seller. Unfortunately, it really does take more than that. What I'm missing the most is the advertsiing that would come along with being with a big publisher. I'm on my own. This just means it'll take longer, though. I just have to be persistent and keep plugging the thing!