Goodbye Jesus

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

Guest ElGuapo

I don't want to beat you up DC, but isn't it double standard to say the Pagans can spread their message, while Christians can not?  :scratch:

Well, no one, to my knowledge, ever said that Christians should be banned from "spreading their message". If they want to, that's fine with me - I'll just blow them off and tell them to go away. Same with any other group I'm not interested in.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• a midnight star

• Ouroboros

• BeccasStillSeeking

I don't want to beat you up DC, but isn't it double standard to say the Pagans can spread their message, while Christians can not?  :scratch:

Even if Pagans seem nicer and innocent, that's where more advanced and bigger, bad-er things can start... just thinking...

When Christians started (maybe gnostic/pagan/mystic) was ok, but Paul took it and made a church religion and oppression.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not beating you up, just want to talk about it... ;)

I want religious diversity and not religious tyrany. Aint no one told ya that the end justifies the means? hehe.

Superstition is here to stay, better divide them equally, its better that way. hehe.

Besides my heart and stomach has a say too. hehe.

I have to disagree with your logical loop, but I do hope that those chocolate religion guys break out into a horrible acne rash they're just so superficially sweet don't you think?  :HaHa:

*waves a hash brownie under Vigile's nose* I like dark chocolate, m'self.

One of the reasons people spell "magic" with a "k" was Crowley. He began spelling it that way so that the word fulfilled one or another of his numerology ideas.

Ah! I was kind of wondering. I just got in the habit of spelling it that way when it has to do with Paganism, because every single Pagan around here spells it that way.

This is the way I see it.

People should not be judged on their religion. But rather on their own face value. I know that when we are hurt by people of a certain religion we have a habit of broad stroking the entire religion. I know I have a habit of this sometimes. (My first thread was labeled "why I hate christians").

People are people. There are asshole in EVERY religion as well as those who don't follow a path at all. Getting rid of everyone who tried to practice a certain religion, whether it be pagan or christianity, you will still have those same type of assholes.

My beef with christianity is not the people per say (except for an elect few) but the big guy himself. Now if I could just see him burn in hell, I will be happy.

(yeah I see you all too, I was just checking)

If all of a sudden the whole world rejected jesus and mohammad I would not shed a tear at the death of those religions.

Thats just me.

THat is true. My point was simply there are assholes everywhere. Killing all the pagans, christians, muslims, etc... will not rid the world of these assholes. They will still be there.

>edit: Where I am not Pagan/Witch, several of my extended Family are. You'll have a hellova time coming to "kill them all". Any fool trying earns a free Ballistics Party given in their honor. My tools are regulated to at least 750 meters. Come no closer with criminal intent and  tools in hand<

Dude. If the Fundies take over, can I hide behind you?

THat is true. My point was simply there are assholes everywhere. Killing all the pagans, christians, muslims, etc... will not rid the world of these assholes. They will still be there.

Agreed. Force is not the answer. Changing minds is appropriate I think.

Guest Son of Belial
Ah! I was kind of wondering. I just got in the habit of spelling it that way when it has to do with Paganism, because every single Pagan around here spells it that way.

I don't spell it that way because to me it looks kind of silly, but my understanding is that Crowley was the one that started it. He got a LOT into numerology and different words meaning different things based on how they "added up" numerologically. So I may be wrong, but I thought he adopted it so that the word added up to something he found significant.

I think maybe in midieval times they spelled it that way as well, and he re-adopted it. I'm not sure though.

Yes, but you don't have to have religion to be an asshole. the starter of this thread proved that.

Yes, but you don't have to have religion to be an asshole. the starter of this thread proved that.

Some Pagans know I'm an asshole but love me anyways. hehe.

This thread tops my abilities in assholiness, though thats for sure.

Most see me as a bitch. I can only shrug and honestly say that I "came by it honestly" after all I was raised by the queen herself

assholiness, cool new word.

Get togethers where all the food is made from scratch is lame? Homade beer ,pop and sweets is lame?!

I can overlook the superstition for free food and good company that totaly rocks! Heehee! And they know I'm atheist.

Oh yeah. No matter where my spirituality goes, I'm definitely a devotee of Pagan culture. (And goodies! ;) ) I'll be going to PantheaCon yearly even if by some fluke I end up a devoted atheist.

Even if Pagans seem nicer and innocent, that's where more advanced and bigger, bad-er things can start... just thinking...

When Christians started (maybe gnostic/pagan/mystic) was ok, but Paul took it and made a church religion and oppression.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not beating you up, just want to talk about it... ;)

If your just gonna bring up things that make sense and not allow me my bias for Pagans then fine. Be that way. hehe.

Oh yeah. No matter where my spirituality goes, I'm definitely a devotee of Pagan culture. (And goodies! ;) ) I'll be going to PantheaCon yearly even if by some fluke I end up a devoted atheist.

I just hope that in the future if Paganism ever becomes really big they won't forget what it felt like to be a minority. Thats my hope.

/RANT ON

Just when I think I've influenced most of those around me against xtianity I find that the whole idiot pagan/wicca culture crawls out of their sewer. WTF? Subscription to superstition is subscription to superstion no matter what!!! If you're a pagan or a witch then I hate to tell you this, but you're a fucking moron! You're as big a moron as any dumbass xtian! You are no different! As an atheist I find these fucking bullshit artists just as annoying as any Jebus fucker! In my opinion, every witch, pagan, chrisitan, hindu, etc. should be fucking killed. The only way to progress the human race is to eradicate these fucking nut jobs! MAGIC IS MAKE BELIEVE YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/I'll fuck your mother goddess.

/RANT OFF

Haha, alright, while I wouldn't substantially disagree with your post, you could have put it a little more mildly.

I agree: Wiccans, pagans, shamans, and spiritualists (though definitely more tolerant than Christians), are just as fucking clueless as the rest of them. I'm sick of all the ridiculous solipsism and postmodern crap they be preaching to everyone, where we all "create our own reality." They need to get a fucking clue!

If your just gonna bring up things that make sense and not allow me my bias for Pagans then fine. Be that way. hehe.

Damn!

I made sense?

That was not intentional, I promise you! :lmao:

I just hope that in the future if Paganism ever becomes really big they won't forget what it felt like to be a minority. Thats my hope.

Well, hopefully there will remain a core group of Dead Sensible Elders (Diana Paxson, etc.) who refuse to cave in to either fluff or egotism. More likely, I think some GROUPS of Pagans will forget that they were once a minority, and be a pain in the arse to everyone else....

Haha, alright, while I wouldn't substantially disagree with your post, you could have put it a little more mildly.

I agree: Wiccans, pagans, shamans, and spiritualists (though definitely more tolerant than Christians), are just as fucking clueless as the rest of them. I'm sick of all the ridiculous solipsism and postmodern crap they be preaching to everyone, where we all "create our own reality." They need to get a fucking clue!

Nothing for it yet. Unless Pagans change thier methods in mysticism that is friendly towards science and faith in our human ability to know through objective methods. Gods of the gaps will always give them a place, yet they do not have to be so self defeating in thier spiritualism. But it'll all pan out the way it pans out I reckon.

Dude. If the Fundies take over, can I hide behind you?

My ass is large enuff to hide behind...

However in this line of thought I'd rather train you to use Libertys Teeth and stand with me than hide behind me.

If you haven't yet, please look up and read Robert A. Heinlein's "Revolt in 2100"

Being prepared isn't being an amped up *gunbunny* waiting for "derTag" and having a list of wrongs to be righted by gunfire..

kL

If the fundies take over they can just kill me.

But it is honorable and moral to defend yourself and others. I just can't deal with that kind of thing.

My ass is large enuff to hide behind...

However in this line of thought I'd rather train you to use Libertys Teeth and stand with me than hide behind me.

If you haven't yet, please look up and read Robert A. Heinlein's "Revolt in 2100"

Being prepared isn't being an amped up *gunbunny* waiting for "derTag" and having a list of wrongs to be righted by gunfire..

kL

Twist my arm to read more Heinlein. ;)

In spite of being fairly knowledgable about firearms (and knives, and exotic poisons--I write horror and suspense) I'm almost phobically gun-shy. Growing up in a neighborhood with lots of gunshots all night long ("It's New Years Eve, time to get in the bathtub kids!"), it's no big surprise. But I'm actually looking into going to a range and training specifically to get over it.

Hopefully, such preparation will never be needed for practical application....

Guest Son of Belial
Nothing for it yet. Unless Pagans change thier methods in mysticism that is friendly towards science and faith in our human ability to know through objective methods. Gods of the gaps will always give them a place, yet they do not have to be so self defeating in thier spiritualism. But it'll all pan out the way it pans out I reckon.

Despite being a Pagan, I believe in evolution and not a creator. Though I believe that higher powers exist, I think their hold over this world is limited at best and that they too were created.

I'm actually considered something of a critic when it comes to Paganism, and many is the time I've debunked or rebuked some Pagan's silly story about ghosts or gods. I'm not saying I don't believe in hauntings or gods, but if the story has holes, I call them on it. Many Pagans have commented that I'm too harsh and not "open enough" to their ideas. So be it.

Guest Son of Belial

While Pagan faiths have had their share of intolerance, I think they have been overall more tolerant than the Judaic faiths. Herodotus called the Egyptian deities by Greek names, because he assumed that both sets of gods existed and thus must be one set. The Romans also used their names for Greek, Egyptian and even Nordic gods.

Generally if I get into a conversation with someone who worships from a different panetheon, the discussion turns to something like "Cool, I always liked (such and such a god) or (such and such a mythology." Then we explain our beliefs and discover how similar they are.

I hope that that will be the case - one set of divinity with different names and forms, as opposed to "Amun is real and Zeus is fake."