Goodbye Jesus

Pagans, Witches are Fucking Morons Too

Guest ElGuapo

Before I answer let me get this straight. You don't doubt that the "energy" is there, just where it came from? Or are you wanting answers towards whether or not there is "energy."

It is late 4:25am here, so it will have to be later. BUt I can and am willing to open another thread and discuss this. Part of it is already in a different thread, but I will begin again if you like.

I would be very interested in such a thread. I'd be respectful in my questions. My intent would be to understand what Intellectual Pagans believe. I would be a student. For now I'm gonna hit the sack. I am Pacific time as well.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dogmatically_challenged

• a midnight star

• Ouroboros

• BeccasStillSeeking

Hopefull I copied the link right.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?showtopic=2971

It was a post  I made in another thread, but it is a good start.

Thank you kindly midnight star. Even though I can be very abrasive and narrowminded in my atheism at times, I apreciate the guidence from intellectuals from most all walks of life. I am an immature clodhopper, yet I thirst for knowlege and a different way of percieving things from time to time.

I hope to see Karl in your thread as well. Pagans don't share their spiritual beliefs enough in the forums in my opinion.

Thanks for the link to your thread.

*hugs*

I know that sometimes when I post I come of as aggresive and pigheaded. Even though I don't mean to be. I have a habit of taking things the wrong way and that I have an awful habit of jumping before I determine whether or not offence was meant. Don't be so down on yourself. You are ok in my book.

Your welcome.

I see nothing hypocritical in my comment to ElGuapo's post.  Show me what you're basing your statement on.

Let me enlighten you then.

This is what you said to ElGuapo:

Hello ElGuapo,

It is pretty evident you are a miserable human being. You are filled with hatred not only for yourself but for everyone. The reasons for that only you can answer, but doubt you have the balls to face. It is much easier to just want to off everyone around you because you are such a pathetic loser.

I would suggest you take your own life as soon as possible. You will never find peace and happiness regardless of your surroundings, so your only solution is to end your misery. Use the method of your choice (as long as it affects only yourself) and exit stage right. You are a waste of human flesh, not worthy of the air you breathe or food you eat that others could have.

I would suggest you take your own life as soon as possible.

Sounds to me like hate speech. You accuse ElGuapo of hatred only to respond with this piece of shit vitriol yourself?

You, sir, are a big ol' hypocrite, or at least you were in that post. Maybe you didn't mean to be. Maybe you were having an off day. Maybe you can't recognize hypocricy when you see it.

Whatever the case, I suggest you check yourself before posting again.

Guest Son of Belial
Let me enlighten you then.

This is what you said to ElGuapo:

I would suggest you take your own life as soon as possible.

Sounds to me like hate speech.  You accuse ElGuapo of hatred only to respond with this piece of shit vitriol yourself?

You, sir, are a big ol' hypocrite, or at least you were in that post.  Maybe you didn't mean to be.  Maybe you were having an off day.  Maybe you can't recognize hypocricy when you see it.

Whatever the case, I suggest you check yourself before posting again.

There's a difference between saying "I think every member of (such and such a class, creed, belief or race) should be killed," and telling someone to kill themselves.

There's a difference between saying "I think every member of (such and such a class, creed, belief or race) should be killed," and telling someone to kill themselves.

I personally do not believe that suicide is a joking matter. If someone is really suicidal, they would take that suggestion seriously. Please don't make light of it.

Guest Son of Belial
I personally do not believe that suicide is a joking matter.  If someone is really suicidal, they would take that suggestion seriously.  Please don't make light of it.

You think someone is going to come onto a forum, say they wish mass numbers of people were murdered, then when someone says "Go kill yourself instead" they'll really go do it?

If they do, they already had problems and would have hurt themselves or others anyway. Someone on a forum is not going to convince them to do it with one snide remark.

Just curious, if the person had said "I want to kill all niggers, spics and kikes" and someone said "Why don't you just kill yourself instead," would you be saying "Hey don't say they, he might take it seriously?"

Just curious, if the person had said "I want to kill all niggers, spics and kikes" and someone said "Why don't you just kill yourself instead," would you be saying "Hey don't say they, he might take it seriously?"

I never agreed with the original poster's statement, either. If you had read my earlier posts you would've noted that.

I've lost friends and family to suicide. So you'll have to excuse me, but I get rather annoyed when people take it lightly.

Before I answer let me get this straight. You don't doubt that the "energy" is there, just where it came from? Or are you wanting answers towards whether or not there is "energy."....
.....I hope to see Karl in your thread as well. Pagans don't share their spiritual beliefs enough in the forums in my opinion...

My personal perspective was posted on the old board. The link is:

http://exchristian.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=1499

You'll have to read the whole thread.

On Kemetic Orthodoxy (I'm not Orthodox)

http://www.kemet.org/home.html

Paganism (most notably Wicca)

http://www.witchvox.org

A good Pagan forum:

ttp://www.churchofpaganunity.org

I looked at the thread link AMS posted. It could become a very good discussion. I would post there if and when I had the time to make a decent contribution. Right now, I don't.

Regards,

K

Guest Son of Belial
I never agreed with the original poster's statement, either.  If you had read my earlier posts you would've noted that.

I've lost friends and family to suicide.  So you'll have to excuse me, but I get rather annoyed when people take it lightly.

I'm sorry, my only brother shot himself in the head one night and my best friend killed himself by overdosing. So you'll have to excuse me, but I know most people don't kill themselves when someone they disagree with tells them to kill themself instead of other people.

I never said you agreed with the original poster. I asked if you'd react the same way if he'd espoused killing niggers, spics and kikes and someone told him to kill himself instead.

Seriously, this is the internet. Anyone so desperate that they kill themselves because some stranger on a forum told them to do it AFTER they talked about killing others has problems that go well beyond the forum they were on. Chances are, someone on the street the next day would drive them to do it because they looked at them funny or something.

I asked if you'd react the same way if he'd espoused killing niggers, spics and kikes and someone told him to kill himself instead.

I may get pissed off with bigots, but that doesn't mean I wish them dead. I'd rather see them change their minds and act intelligently.

Seriously, this is the internet. Anyone so desperate that they kill themselves because some stranger on a forum told them to do it AFTER they talked about killing others has problems that go well beyond the forum they were on. Chances are, someone on the street the next day would drive them to do it because they looked at them funny or something.

You are probably right.

Guest Son of Belial
I may get pissed off with bigots, but that doesn't mean I wish them dead.  I'd rather see them change their minds and act intelligently.

I agree with you. My point was that someone like that probably wouldn't take a response like "Kill yourself instead" seriously. Someone posts things like that and they expect SOMEONE to come back with an equal amount of anger.

And for the record, I agree with you. I used to be a very extreme racial-type and found my way out of it. I tend to feel some sympathy for them because I understand why they feel the way that they do, but note I never hurt anyone. I pretty much kept my opinions to myself.

You are probably right.

I apologize if I offended you. I just wanted you to realize that the only reason I didn't have a problem with the statement "Kill yourself instead" was because I knew the recipient wasn't going to take it seriously.

Believe me, I wouldn't really encourage anyone to kill themselves, and if someone came on that really sounded depressed I would have gotten furious if someone had come back saying "Just kill yourself." Though again, if a stranger online saying that is enough to drive them to it, it was just a matter of time anyway.

To summarize, I didn't mean to offend you. No hard feelings?

And for the record, I agree with you. I used to be a very extreme racial-type and found my way out of it. I tend to feel some sympathy for them because I understand why they feel the way that they do, but note I never hurt anyone. I pretty much kept my opinions to myself.

You give me hope, actually. It's nice to know that people can change their mind.

To summarize, I didn't mean to offend you. No hard feelings?

Nope. :)

Guest Son of Belial
You give me hope, actually.  It's nice to know that people can change their mind.

I still struggle with it a lot, because a lot of the things that I believed at that time I've never fully explained away. That's why I understand why people like that believe what they do. It's very easy to do, actually.

I had a psychologist I tried discussing it with once, years ago when I was still like that. He laughed at me and told me "You're just racist because it's fun."

I never went to him again. Hell, that's like saying that people choose to be gay. It's a lot of fun having people want to tie you to fences or beat the hell out of you. Fun fun. Most people don't choose what they are OR what they believe. Belief is changed by education. Same thing with the Christians here; they believe what they do because they can't comprehend anything else.

And yes, I know I seem to have gone through a lot of stages. Jehovah's Witness, athiest, agnostic, athiest racist, agnostic again, then Pagan.

Oh well.

Funny how many of those who demonstrate a propensity for ideological extremeism maintain it even when they believe they've abandoned its root source, isn't it?

I really could give two shits about the difference. Both are telling people they should be killed (based on some reason or another) and if one post specifically states that they are wishing death on someone because they wished death on others, and being extremely self-righteous about it....that's hypocrisy.

I doesn't matter whether ElGuapo would have taken the order to kill himself seriously....

Do you think all of us at Ex-C will take his demand to kill pagans seriously?

No.

What I was trying to point out was the absurd hypocrisy of someone coming along and going,

"You said [horrible awful things]. Therefore I will selfrighteously call you [horrible awful things]."

*sigh*

Guest Son of Belial
I really could give two shits about the difference.  Both are telling people they should be killed (based on some reason or another) and if one post specifically states that they are wishing death on someone because they wished death on others, and being extremely self-righteous about it....that's hypocrisy.

There is a difference between saying "You should die" and "Instead of killing others, kill yourself."

I doesn't matter whether ElGuapo would have taken the order to kill himself seriously....

Do you think all of us at Ex-C will take his demand to kill pagans seriously?

No.

Well there you go.

What I was trying to point out was the absurd hypocrisy of someone coming along and going,

"You said [horrible awful things].  Therefore I will selfrighteously call you [horrible awful things]."

We call Christians on here names all the time. Sheesh.

Wow. I've never seen someone miss the point so very much.

Is this thing on?

Am I speaking swahili?

In the words of Will Ferral in Zoolander, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something!"

We call Christians here names all the time. But if we are calling them names in order to point out how silly it is to call names [let's say it together class] "that's hypocrisy"!

Seriously this is not a hard concept. I don't know why we are having so much trouble communicating here.

:ugh:

Now, where are those crazy pills?

Guest Son of Belial
Wow.  I've never seen someone miss the point so very much. 

You can understand someone's point without agreeing with it. I didn't know you were oblivious to that concept.

Is this thing on?

Am I speaking swahili?

In the words of Will Ferral in Zoolander,  "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something!"

Sarcasm noted and understood. But at least quote from a GOOD movie when you want to insult me.

We call Christians here names all the time.  But if we are calling them names in order to point out how silly it is to call names [let's say it together class] "that's hypocrisy"!

The person that told him to kill himself wasn't trying to make him look silly. He was returning agression with agression. That's not hypocrisy.

Seriously this is not a hard concept.  I don't know why we are having so much trouble communicating here.

We're not, as I understood you the first time you said it. I just disagree. I'm sorry if someone is stupid for disagreeing with you.

Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to have morals or virtues that one does not truly possess or practise. The word derives from the late Latin hypocrisis and Greek hupokrisis both meaning play-acting or pretence. The word is arguably derived from hypo- meaning small, + krinein meaning to decide/to dispute. A classic example of a hypocritical act is to denounce another for carrying out some action whilst carrying out the same action oneself.

I think it speaks for itself. In any case, I am done arguing with you. My head hurts already. :banghead:

Guest Son of Belial
Hypocrisy is the act of pretending to have morals or virtues that one does not truly possess or practise. The word derives from the late Latin hypocrisis and Greek hupokrisis both meaning play-acting or pretence. The word is arguably derived from hypo- meaning small, + krinein meaning to decide/to dispute. A classic example of a hypocritical act is to denounce another for carrying out some action whilst carrying out the same action oneself.

I think it speaks for itself.  In any case, I am done arguing with you.  My head hurts already. :banghead:

Describing the origins of a word doesn't make your beliefs any more valid. But that's okay. I won't be returning anyway.

My personal perspective was posted on the old board. The link is:

http://exchristian.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=1499

You'll have to read the whole thread.

On Kemetic Orthodoxy (I'm not Orthodox)

http://www.kemet.org/home.html

Paganism (most notably Wicca)

http://www.witchvox.org

A good Pagan forum:

ttp://www.churchofpaganunity.org

I looked at the thread link AMS posted. It could become a very good discussion. I would post there if and when I had the time to make a decent contribution. Right now, I don't.

Regards,

K

Thank you Karl! I really enjoy your thoughts in the Forums. You aren't here as much as I'd like, but what you share here with us is awsome!

--Reason and Respect--

I am already a member of 3 out of the four sites named. Plus a couple more. :)

As a former wiccan, I have to agree that Wicca is just as wholly unsupported as Christianity, and I admit I used the same philosophical methodologies to justify my beliefs back then.

Of course, that doesn't justify tasteless ranting.