Goodbye Jesus

"i'm Sorry For My Fuck Up Religious Days"

PocketAces

ok so i've been on a run the past month possibly. i started with my father. that within of itself is a run. i think it has really helped out relationship out again. not a vital aspect, but just some more mending, that may or may not have been needed. so its been on my mind off and on, to continue it.

so i decided tonight i will. i have a small list that i can think of...at the moment. one an ex g/f. i found her on myspace through a mutual friend, which is another on the list. then it was my two friends that i used to play music with and we had this big idea of being in a band and serving God and ministering the gospel through hard rock...yea i was the sellout over a girl which the ex that i'm contacting also got affected by. yea it was a whole mess that i created based on the assumption of God's Will being defined by confusion. it was a messy situation when i was 18.

i think i've apologized to them already but back then, it was out of some religious guilt mixed with some true feelings of sorry. now, there is no religious guilt, and it's finally a 100 percent geniune apology.

so its 3:18am, gonna crank up some Blind Melon, and pour some of my Gentleman Jack and sip on some whiskey and write up the apologies since we now live far apart.

cheers to the days of fuck ups! :)

and might i add, perfect drink for such occassions. first time having Gentelman Jack, and i'm a jack daniels lover, but i've only heard of it 2x, and holy shit is it smooth...wow. i prefer regular jack straight as well, but damn, this doesn't even need ice. oooh yea. thing is i'm not even drunk, and i'm celebrating over the taste of this drink? i'd hate to see myself drunk off this. well anyways back to wearing my errors on my sleeve...again. :P

That sounds like a good idea. I've toyed with it a few times and might give it a try sometime.

Just my two cents, but the people that are in your past...leave 'em there and don't bother with them. It's your future that matters now.

and might i add, perfect drink for such occassions. first time having Gentelman Jack, and i'm a jack daniels lover, but i've only heard of it 2x, and holy shit is it smooth...wow. i prefer regular jack straight as well, but damn, this doesn't even need ice. oooh yea. thing is i'm not even drunk, and i'm celebrating over the taste of this drink? i'd hate to see myself drunk off this. well anyways back to wearing my errors on my sleeve...again. :P

I have a story about Gentleman's Jack. Kinda silly, but I thought it was funny. The first time I visited my in laws (who are Russian btw) my wife and I flew in from the US and bought some GJ at duty free to bring her father. We thought it might be a bit of a novelty for him since they live in the middle of Russia and don't have anything except local vodka and cognac. He took a swig and shrugged his shoulders and said "meh, the cognac I make is better."

We also brought them a bottle of Goldschlager. That one was a hit as all the friends and relatives spent their time trying to fish out the gold.

Kentucky Bourbon always seems to go over very well overseas, mainly because almost no one in Europe has ever had it or seen it. Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, and so on. Better yet, if you can get your hands on some very small batch artisanal stuff where somebody in Kentucky has to mail it to you (in other words, something you couldn't get at a duty-free shop), they'll go ga-ga.

Interesting concept ... my problem is--what about all the people who I "Lead to Jesus" who became big-time Christians who fucked up everyone ELSE's life--and all the people THEY lead to the Lord, etc. etc. ... oh my god, I've created the butterfly effect, causing a Christian Tsunami.

I'll take a hit of that Jack, please.