Goodbye Jesus

Petition Re California's Prop 8 Against Gay Marriage

R. S. Martin

Just now I got the following email an advocate for gay rights:

Have you heard that Ken Starr -- and the Prop 8 Legal Defense Fund -- filed legal briefs defending the constitutionality of Prop 8 and attempting to forcibly divorce 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year? The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in this case on March 5, 2009, with a decision expected within the next 90 days.

The Courage Campaign has created a video called "Fidelity," with the permission of musician Regina Spektor, that puts a face to those 18,000 couples and all loving, committed couples seeking full equality under the law.

Please watch this heartbreaking video:

After you watch the video, please consider joining me in signing the letter to the state Supreme Court and passing this video on to your friends. The more people who see this video, the more people will understand the pain caused by Prop 8 and Ken Starr's shameful legal proceeding.

You can sign the petition on the same page as the video.

I'm not sure how effective online petitions are, but I signed it, we can be hopful yes? I also posted the link to my facebook and myspace.

Dang thing made me cry again, I've cried too much over this issue.

Thanks for the support. I don't know either if it is effective but all we can do is try. The person was so happy to know I posted it here. He's a bi-sexual himself, happily married to a woman, so far as I know, but heavily involved in fighting for gay rights.

I signed it, too.