Goodbye Jesus

Christianity's Origins In Hellenistic Greek Concepts

Guest Atrakhasis

Guest Atrakhasis

Christianity refutes, denies, and challenges many of Judaism's understandings regarding the relationship between man and God. Why? The answer lies in Christianity's origins. Unknown to the populace at large (most Christians) is that the writers of the New Testament had assimilated Hellenistic Greek beliefs about man's relationship with God. It is these Hellenistic Greek "presuppositions" that underlie Christianity's belief system and why it denied and repudiated the Jewish understandings of the Old Testament.

For example, the Old Testament knows _nothing_ about Satan and his Demons being able to act on their own (self-volition) and defy God. The OT knows _nothing_ of the earth being under Demonic control. The New Testament understands one of the major reasons for Jesus birth, death and resurrection is to save man and deliver him from the power of the Devil and his Demons who have the world firmly in their control. These New Testament notions are _not_ found in the Old Testament, they have been traced by scholars to Hellenistic Greek concepts of the 4th century B.C. through the 2nd century A.D. The early Christians who wrote the New Testament accepted these Hellenistic Greek notions and built their story of Christ's mission and death on Hellenistic Greek motifs which were opposed by the Rabbis.

If the earth is not under the control of Satan and his Demons then there is no reason for God the Father to have sent his son to die and be resurrected to deliver man and the earth from the power of Satan and his Demons.

Cf. the below url for articles exploring the pre-biblical origins of Christianity and the New Testament in Hellenistic Greek metaphsical concepts which the Rabbis rightfully opposed.

http://www.bibleorigins.net/NewTestament.html

Are you just going to post blurbs from bibleorigins.net?

mwc

Guest Atrakhasis
Are you just going to post blurbs from bibleorigins.net?

mwc

You have a "problem"? That is to say unless you are "spoonfeed" all the info on a topic within the confines of a single post to this forum you have _no interest _ in clicking on a link and "learning" something "new"?

I must say though your attitude appears to be the "majority one," very few show any intellectual curiosity by clicking on a link to my articles. Out of 4,900 members perhaps 3 bother to click a link.

I have seen very little posted to this forum on the Bible's pre-biblical origins as determined by professional scholars. Most of the posts appear to be anti-christian rants, personal testimonies as to why someone left Christianity, or some smart-ass comments about someone's post and their bad grammer.

I had thought there might be "some people" on this forum who "might" have an interest in the Bible's pre-christian origins, but maybe I am wrong.

I said it since you don't appear to be participating anywhere on this site. You're just posting these naked articles. No real reason given. No apparent desire to discuss them. They just appear. Your response to my post is probably the first thing I've actually seen from you that's not a cut and paste and it's a tad snide.

Why would people want click on over to "learn" more? Can you tell me?

mwc

Atrak,

MWC makes a good point. Just posting quotes from another site becomes more of quote-mining and spamming than really participating in the forum. Your site seems like it's very interesting and most likely got a lot of good stuff, but to just quote it here and not really discuss, it's more like free advertising for your site, and I'm sorry, but that's not really what we want to do here. We're not the yellow pages... if you get my drift.