Goodbye Jesus

Life Is More Meaningful Without God

PandaPirate

If there truly is no Creator God then that make life even MORE valuable to me. If this is the only life I've got then I'd better treat it is a valuable gift. What I observe most Christians doing is acting as if what they do doesn't matter because they are already 'saved' and have another life after this one.

If this is the only life I have then I'm going to make the most of it!

Yep. No magical do-overs.

mwc

If there truly is no Creator God then that make life even MORE valuable to me. If this is the only life I've got then I'd better treat it is a valuable gift. What I observe most Christians doing is acting as if what they do doesn't matter because they are already 'saved' and have another life after this one.

I agree with this. I'm trying to free myself of the idea that I should just sit around and wait for some magical being to tell me what to do with my life. I feel like I've wasted my whole life and I don't want to waste any more of it.

I agree, if this is the only life then it truly is "sacred". -- I used to wonder how it could be called "sacred" when everybody seemed to think it was gonna last forever. Wouldn't that make it cheap..or just nothing special?

I keep asking the gods of gaming for a reset button, but they keep telling me to stop bothering them and wasting time what could be better spent playing.

I am guilt free for the most part now. I used to think God hated me. When things would go wrong I felt like he was punishing me and I felt like I could never be good enough. Talk about psychological abuse!

I am guilt free for the most part now. I used to think God hated me. When things would go wrong I felt like he was punishing me and I felt like I could never be good enough. Talk about psychological abuse!

Exactly!!!!!

I have to continue retraining my mind. But I find comfort on those days when I'm really down. I remind myself that I've only got one shot at this life, and I can't be wasting time being depressed about small stuff.

I don't know about meaningful, but it's surely a lot more fun. Bring on the booze, weed, and fornication! 100% guilt free!!! :SUCK::58::68:

I don't know about meaningful, but it's surely a lot more fun. Bring on the booze, weed, and fornication! 100% guilt free!!! :SUCK::58::68:

Oh yes, yes and YES.....bring it on baby... :lmao:

This is now my mantra for my life...until I get bored of it. I have a whole stack of repressed years busting to be re-lived inside of me...and I don't have a minute to spare. Im all for it.!!! (yeah I know it's immature, but hey, its just where I am in my life right this very moment.)

Yeah, i feel my life is actually mine now!

Great way to say it. Life is yours for the taking, for yourself. You can live a life free from fear of a god and his hell, a life free from restraints, a life free from chains, a life just... free. I have nothing but abject respect for anyone who chooses to live their life the way they want to and not according to some ancient book of myths that want you to be nothing more than a worship slave to a god your entire mortal life and then in the spiritual one for eternity afterwards.

Yes it is. And it is at once scary, and sometimes lonely. But then that's what forums like this are for in the 1st place. It's not easy to give up half a lifetime of indoctrination and social expectation.

I am now a completely free atheist, and I love it.