Goodbye Jesus

Ray Comfort & Patrobertson

Brought None

OMFG! MY BRAIN... IT BURNS FROM THE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

9 minutes 10 seconds

Warning video contains Ray pulling a TON of strawmen out his butt, broken record "Show me a Painting without a Painter", "Atheism BAAAAAAAAAAD!" arguments, Hunchback of TBN Pat Robertson, and Creationist Mostache.

Needs more bannana.

LMAO. This is probably the most pathetic argument against evolution I have ever seen. Did you see the debate between the Way of the Master people and the Rational Response Squad? Ray said pretty much the same thing there as he does on this video. I also found it hilarious that he expected random people on the street to explain evolution to him. These people are not college professors. It was just some random lady in front of a building and the unfortunate person who had to sit next to him on the plane! These people are insane and I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. I kind of did in a way, but I was too afraid and brainwashed to leave the cult.

I would buy this book for Ray, but I don't think he would take it, let alone read it.

Or even comprehend it. He'd be lost in the introduction.

Y'know, I almost feel sorry for Ray Comfort.

He doesn't seem particularly malevolent or anything, but he's just such a shallow, two-dimensional character. He's parroted the same crap apologetics spiel over and over again for years now and he never seems to have anything new or different to say. Whenever I see him interact with anyone I'm left with the distinct impression that he's not capable of actually interacting with anybody in any substantive way. I mean, could he just sit down and have a beer with anybody and shoot the shit for awhile, get real and just be human for an hour?

Bleah. Comfort & Robertson wouldn't get evolution if it came up and recombined their DNA.

I'd like to see an atheist shatter Comfort's witnessing technique. That would be worth seeing.

I feel sorry for Kirk Cameron; they got a "lock" on that kid in his teens. I've wondered if Kirk has even been allowed to go to the bathroom without his fundy wife, her fundy acquaintances or Ray Comfort going with him just to make damn sure he doesn't get a moment alone to maybe "think". Watching Ray and Kirk is like watching a cult leader with his victim. Ray's got his celebrity in tow and he has no intentions of letting him slip away.

I just wanna say RUN KIRK, RUN!

I'd like to see an atheist shatter Comfort's witnessing technique. That would be worth seeing.

So would I. In fact I'd pay good money to see that.

I feel sorry for Kirk Cameron; they got a "lock" on that kid in his teens. I've wondered if Kirk has even been allowed to go to the bathroom without his fundy wife, her fundy acquaintances or Ray Comfort going with him just to make damn sure he doesn't get a moment alone to maybe "think". Watching Ray and Kirk is like watching a cult leader with his victim. Ray's got his celebrity in tow and he has no intentions of letting him slip away.

I just wanna say RUN KIRK, RUN!

You know I kinda agree with you. There are times ware I see him as a victim of the Fundys and there brainwashing ways. However I also think he would not leave even if he got the chance because of all the money and power he has gotten from the religous right. The part that does make me really sad for him is how he wasting his life.

Y'know, I almost feel sorry for Ray Comfort.

He doesn't seem particularly malevolent or anything, but he's just such a shallow, two-dimensional character.

I think he's a con-man just doing the apologetics for money. He's too two-dimensional and stereotypical to be for real.

It is easy... and I am surprised no one has done it...

Confort: What do call someone who steals? Even if it is only one time. A thief.

Atheist: What do call someone who doesn't steal, even if only one time? An honest person.

Comfort: All it takes is one sin to ruin a perfect soul.

Atheist: All it takes is one good deed to redeem an imperfect sinner. (since we are born sinners...) And then what do you call someone who steals once and is honest once...?

Why do you have to always look the negative side of the ledger? Perhaps it is our created nature to steal and it the true sing of holiness that we don't ALWAYS steal, lie, cheat, etc.

After all, Ray... what would be more miraculous: That once in a lifetime dead, decaying body smelled like roses, or that roses smelled like a dead decaying body?

Most likely someone probably has, it's just that they don't show it.

Well, there's the old saying: "if I want to hear from an asshole, I'll fart." :lmao:

OMFG! MY BRAIN... IT BURNS FROM THE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

9 minutes 10 seconds

Warning video contains Ray pulling a TON of strawmen out his butt, broken record "Show me a Painting without a Painter", "Atheism BAAAAAAAAAAD!" arguments, Hunchback of TBN Pat Robertson, and Creationist Mostache.

Needs more bannana.

Oh. My. Fucking. (lack of a) god

It wasn't even his hackneyed watchmaker analogy variant that got a rise out of me.

The woman and man at the beginning of the clip were either confederates helping him build a strawman or were as ignorant about evolution as he was.

The stupid burned as the brightest and best of the "darwinists" (Robertson's term) that Comfort could find informed us that humans could perfectly well evolve from horses. Never mind that no evolutionary biologist in the world would subscribe to such a claim any more than Comfort or Robertson would.

:banghead:

I sat there in open jawed astonishment as he built up his explanation of how lungs were supposed to have developed under the ToE. With the help of his "expert on the street" we learn that a fish, with gills dashes out of the water and flails about until he has to dash back in the water until it spontaneously develops lungs out of nothing at all. He simply ignored the fact that every evolutionary biologist in existence would either burst into uncontrollable laughter or horror at such a suggestion. He ignored the fact that any evolutionary biologist discussing the development of lungs would discuss the adaptation of the gas bladder in aquatic forms.

:banghead::banghead:

And what I guess was his intended coup de grace: pulling from out of his ass, he suggests something along the lines that in order for evolution to be a viable theory that the male and female of each species would have had to evolve independently. Yes ladies and gentlemen, if you spared yourself the pain of watching this video, he contends that the first male dog, complete with suddenly functioning eyes (his ancestors had been blind for millions of years), needed to have a female dog out there to mate with already waiting in the wings, not one who was previously the same species as this "first dog," but apparently, if I am to understand his strawman, evolved independently and was magically a perfect match, ready to mate with the male, and perpetuate this new dog species.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

The Stupid! It Burns!!!

I wish he'd try witnessing to me!