Goodbye Jesus

What Do You All Think Of This?

Guest mrmatt

as noted as a recent new member of this site, i just left my pentecostal church and the faith completely, and haven't heard much from anyone..up till today on facebook! where i received the following message from one of the members...i have copied and pasted the message here ....tell me what you all think of this little preaching session!

Matt I see that you have joined an ex-Christian group???

As a result, If I was an assuming fellow I'd be guessing you have "given up" and yet there is a vast ocean of Love and peace which only God can give, but again we have an enemy who hates mankind because we are made in God's image and is constantly endevouring to keep us from the very facts of who we are in the faith!

Remember if he tried to kill Jesus when he was an infant (Matthew 2:13) why should you be any different especially if he can remove you from faith before you have the opportunity to comprehend the fullness available to you. Remember "the thief(our adversary, the devil) comes to steal (our faith), kill and destroy I know that's what he attempted to do to me but I had good brothers who stood up for me and helped me through.

If it's a intellectual philosophical Agnosticism, Existentialism or Secularism approach your being directed into can I suggest, as a brother who cares for you to listen to Ravi Zacharias (RZIM) (Podcasts) which gives great room for thoughtful insight and retrospection. (He is a renown and formidable Christian philosopher, check him out, it's mind food!!!)

In any event can we still be friends

As a result, If I was an assuming fellow I'd be guessing you have "given up" and yet there is a vast ocean of Love and peace which only God can give, but again we have an enemy who hates mankind because we are made in God's image and is constantly endevouring to keep us from the very facts of who we are in the faith!

Yeah that's right, all us ex-christians have been deceived by Satan. The devil made us do it! :fdevil:

Seriously, you might have to let this person know that attempts to bring you back into the fold will only have the opposite effect. Ravi Zacharias, come on! That's the best they've got?

Do you need such brainwashed "friends"?

As a result, If I was an assuming fellow I'd be guessing you have "given up" and yet there is a vast ocean of Love and peace which only God can give

Why didn't he give it to me?

Oh man, let's just tell him that he should be an assuming fellow. *rolls eyes*

Or just completely ignore him.

... we have an enemy who hates mankind...

Yeah, it's called "religion".

lol

as noted as a recent new member of this site, i just left my pentecostal church and the faith completely, and haven't heard much from anyone..up till today on facebook! where i received the following message from one of the members...i have copied and pasted the message here ....tell me what you all think of this little preaching session!

Matt I see that you have joined an ex-Christian group???

Remember if he tried to kill Jesus when he was an infant (Matthew 2:13) why should you be any different especially if he can remove you from faith before you have the opportunity to comprehend the fullness available to you. Remember "the thief(our adversary, the devil) comes to steal (our faith), kill and destroy I know that's what he attempted to do to me but I had good brothers who stood up for me and helped me through.

If it's a intellectual philosophical Agnosticism, Existentialism or Secularism approach your being directed into can I suggest, as a brother who cares for you to listen to Ravi Zacharias (RZIM) (Podcasts) which gives great room for thoughtful insight and retrospection. (He is a renown and formidable Christian philosopher, check him out, it's mind food!!!)

Matthew 2:13 - When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him."

How is Herod supposed to hurt me? He's been dead over 1000 years.

Am I to assume at some point, Abe Lincoln is going to jump out and give me a wet-willie?

Not only does the verse have nothing to do with any devils killing a baby, but the devils are no longer relevant because why believe in them either?

And if this person wants to be friends, then they must accept you as you ARE...not as who they'd like you to be. If they can do that, fine. But someone who continually tries to change you...is not a friend.

yet there is a vast ocean of Love and peace which only God can give

Is this the same as what happened with Noah?

mwc

Mr. Matt, here's what I think. The sender of that message is still drinking the kool-aid.

You stopped drinking it though, and so you are already starting to think clearly. The person who sent you that message is basically delusional.

There might not be "an ocean of love" for you here in the real world, but if you work at it, you might actually find some love. :)

Mr. Matt and others here, it's cool that y'all are brave enough to openly be yourselves at Facebook!

As a result, If I was an assuming fellow I'd be guessing you have "given up"

No you twit, he's woken up!

but again we have an enemy who hates mankind

Oh really? I think the Old Testament Yahweh has an incredibly higher kill ratio than ole' Lucifer! So who hates mankind more?

constantly endevouring to keep us from the very facts of who we are in the faith!

So Lucifer is trying to eat us now? Lucifer must be really busy trying to keep six billion people on earth from the "facts"! I hope he has help!

especially if he can remove you from faith before you have the opportunity to comprehend the fullness available to you.

Hmmm...perhaps he hasn't read Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I think that includes the "enemy".

(He is a renown and formidable Christian philosopher, check him out, it's mind food!!!)

More like mind virus!

As long as you come back under the bondage of christ!

As a result, If I was an assuming fellow I'd be guessing you have "given up"

No you twit, he's woken up!

but again we have an enemy who hates mankind

Oh really? I think the Old Testament Yahweh has an incredibly higher kill ratio than ole' Lucifer! So who hates mankind more?

constantly endevouring to keep us from the very facts of who we are in the faith!

So Lucifer is trying to eat us now? Lucifer must be really busy trying to keep six billion people on earth from the "facts"! I hope he has help!

especially if he can remove you from faith before you have the opportunity to comprehend the fullness available to you.

Hmmm...perhaps he hasn't read Romans 8:39 "Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I think that includes the "enemy".

(He is a renown and formidable Christian philosopher, check him out, it's mind food!!!)

More like mind virus!

As long as you come back under the bondage of christ!

HAHAHA - Thanks for your witty and helpful replies, I could not agree more! This is what I call real encouragement, no 'enemy' BS!!

You could always send a little scripture back his way. For example:

yet there is a vast ocean of Love and peace which only God can give, but again we have an enemy who hates mankind because we are made in God's image and is constantly endevouring to keep us from the very facts of who we are in the faith!

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness,

I bring prosperity and create disaster;

I, the LORD, do all these things.

If the bible is true, then God created Satan and evil and darkness.....so what does that say about Him?

Remember if he tried to kill Jesus when he was an infant (Matthew 2:13)

But remember friend, according to the bible Satan did not kill Jesus or anyone else (except in Job where satan had to get permission from gawd)...actually who did orchestrate the killing of Jesus?....why...it was God of course! According to the buy-bull God planned that, he tortured and killed his own son (who was himself?) and tried to call this child murder a gift? I don't think so.... The bible is full of god warning people that satan will kill and yet when you read it closely it is only gawd that kills people in the bible.

The FACT is this. God had about as much to do with writing the bible as he had to do with writing Gone With the Wind. People wrote the bible; not some deity. Pursue the FACTS for yourself and you'll discover this....as I have....but my guess is that you're afraid to go there (part of the brainwashing and indocrtination).

If you want to continue worshipping this imaginary mass murderer then have at it....but you can count me out. Just because everyone decides to jump in the lake doesn't mean I have to. I've got morals and truth really does matter to me.

Strange isn't it. We warn out children to be careful about the internet and not to trust strangers...to question things. We protect them from scary movies and debauchery.... Then we shove an old dirty book, that we have no idea who wrote, and tell them it's god's word. That amounts to mental terrorism and that is SO WRONG my friend.

I've had this happen so much... someone will have a vague concept of a "really great and formidable apologist" or whatever, then promptly expect us to read any and all books ever written by said apologist. That's not an even exchange, and equality is mandatory in any true friendship. If this person expects you to check out his form of "mind food" then you are absolutely within bounds to expect him to do the same in return. Dawkins, Dan Barker, John Loftus, Hitchens, etc... It's not fair for him to expect you to read things without taking up the same responsibility on his end. My husband and I used to play those games, but they evaporate once you start asking for a little research on the other end in return. Often they'll say something like, "oh, well I don't struggle with that sort of thing, those questions don't bother me, I have faith!" Then you can peacefully say that they bother you and should bother your antagonist too. It's helped us get a few people off our backs.