Goodbye Jesus

Can You Still Speak In Tongues?

Not_Scarevangelist

Shoo-bop-shoo-bop-rama-lama-ding-dong-goo-goo-gachub-shouda-boughta-honda!

I can FEEL the power! YEA!

"The holy spirit told me he's saying god is going to bless all of us and your son is going to be a pastor and Jesus is coming soon. God is so great!"

Shoo-bop-shoo-bop-rama-lama-ding-dong-goo-goo-gachub-shouda-boughta-honda!

I can FEEL the power! YEA!

"The holy spirit told me he's saying god is going to bless all of us and your son is going to be a pastor and Jesus is coming soon. God is so great!"

It's a miracle!

At my old church you weren't truly saved unless you spoke in tongues. So each day after youth group/sunday service I'd have people pray over me to "recieve the holy spirit." But after a 3 1/2 hour long service, I was really hungry, so I'd end up faking it just to get out of there. Then I'd feel guilty so I'd go back for prayer next week. I was told that I had to clear my mind and turn off my brain and I thought that that advice was rather funny because I had heard sermons in the past where the practice of Eastern Meditation was frowned upon b/c clearing you mind was bad...

I can still turn it on when I want to, although I am falling out of practice b/c I am loathe to do it nowadays.

As a young girl I always wanted to speak in toungues,

1) Because I always heard that speaking in toungues was a sign that you were filled with the spirit

2) Because my two older sisters did it and so did my parents, and I longed to be like them

3) Because thats all people ever seemed to do in prayer meetings... was scream unintelligible languages.

So I 'sought god' for it, and nothing happened, so I resorted to mimicking my sisters lol which actually worked. Eventually I was able to do it, and I can only just do it now although I've basically forgotten how to do it :scratch:

I've always wondered whether or not it is a specific ability some people have, and others lack, and just the mere fact that I had to mimick my sisters to do it, and now I can't do it, to me is proof of that.

I hate it how speaking in toungues is such a controversial subject... obviously xtians can't agree on it, such as the Open Brethrens here who say that if you speak in toungues you are of the devil, and my church (pentecostal/evangelical/charismatic) who say that it is a compulsory thing that you MUST do if you claim you are filled with the spirit.

In my opinion its absurd, because even strangers can copy it if they want. Therefore it is something some people can do and others can't.

IMO it's a combination of creativity and the innate human ability to create patterns out of nothing.

Some people use these abilities to write symphonies. Others roll around on the church floor and gargle in their "prayer language."

My sister sent me this the other day! I thought it was hilarious and scary at the same time. That could have been me just a scant 2.5 years ago! Damn

I think she's serious!!

She sounds like a kung fu film soundtrack.

She just blabbers the same vowel-laden phrase over and over and then farts at the end.

Mother Knowledge? Ugh! She's one of those who is just so full of herself and everyone in church seems to think is the cat's ass. OMG those types of people drive me crazy.

I never could speak in tongues. It was just another one of those things that made me feel inferior to everyone else. >sigh<

I can even TYPE in tongues!

Alfk awna asd jo;f akl;oa fklfe'q asjioaokl adk;s (**(bbpq89Q@#$ *()JKQ QQ9892JK899&*(^ querty querty querty qwerty!