Goodbye Jesus

My, What Big Ears You Have

mwc

I heard a bit of trivia today which I thought was interesting. That is the ears never stop growing over the course of a life and they grow in 7 year cycles. So I looked around a bit and found an old article that shows just that.

It appears the male ear grows, on average, about .22mm/year after age 30. This got me to thinking so I looked and found the adult male has an ear that is about 63mm (~2.5 inches). Now, what if you were old Noah getting on that ark around 500 years old? Your ears would be about 103mm larger or 166mm (~6.5 inches). Guess Noah had a sailboat.

What about Methuselah? He's like Yoda. Damn near 1000 at 969 years. That's 939 years of ear growth putting 206.58mm on his normal 63mm ears for a whopping 269.58mm (10.61 inches)! :eek:

mwc

Yes. This trivial tidbit is interesting. However, inquiring minds want to know why the ears???? How useless is that??? The article specifically mentioned males. Why not… other male body parts??? :nono:

Why not… other male body parts???

God knows what you really like...

Edited to add: And my gut's growing too. Soon I'll look like a giant Mickey head. Oh yeah baby.

mwc

If big ears equaled listening skills… Glory!!!! There is a God!!!!! :dumbo:

(Don't worry about your gut as long as your ears are REALLY big!!!)

• Super Moderator

This is proof of intelligent design.

The men's ears grow larger over time to accommodate all that fuckin' hair that's going to grow in them.

Your precious Darwin never would have thought of that!

Glory!

The ear grows on men, to compensate for our loss of hearing over the years and to hear our spouse better when she nags about the toilet lid...

This is proof of intelligent design.

The men's ears grow larger over time to accommodate all that fuckin' hair that's going to grow in them.

Your precious Darwin never would have thought of that!

Glory!

My theory on this is when you're young your hair is full of energy and springs up right out of the top of your head. As you age your hair gets lazier and lazier and stops making the effort and just starts popping out of any old place it can find. That's also why it changes color. Too lazy to hang onto a color. That's why lots of old guys usually only have beards and ear hair. The hair is too lazy to push out the top any more and take the easy ways out.

mwc

Haha, big ears. Bible stories are so... illogical

images.jpeg

Haha, big ears. Bible stories so... illogical

images.jpeg

You call THOSE ears?

THOSE?

292px-Quark2375.jpg

Oh! Look! Noah! He brought his own paddles!

MWC: I had also heard that claim about ear growth and had never thought to apply it to bible claims. Thanks for giving me something fun to consider.

To the rest of you wiseasses: HOLY SHIT!!!

post-2801-1235881030_thumb.jpg

I've actually been getting a little bored here lately. I thank you all for reminding me of how fun this place can be. I really appreciate you for giving me a good laugh when I needed it.

Florduh: I'll be sending you a bill for a new monitor. I spewed beer all over my old one! My ears started sprouting hair as soon as I turned 30 and I always wondered why. Your explanation is the best I've heard. (BTW, I'm turning 40 soon and I'm wondering what other nasty surprises my body has in store?!?!)

holy_cow_jpg.jpg

Holey Cow.

Holey Cow.

Hello Hans! would you file that pic under:

1) religious semantics.

2) alien abduction/cattle mutilation/conspiracy theory

or

3) fuckit, its a damn funny picture

LOL!

And on the topic of damn funny pictures, I submit this one, !!!

post-2801-1235889697_thumb.jpg