Goodbye Jesus

After Leaving Church I Joned Facebook

GypsyMoon

After being out from christianity for 10 weeks, I finally got around to joining facebook the other day... and ran into a whole lot of once fundy now liberal Xtians... (who left my parents church years ago)... people that my parents would allow me NOTHING to do with (even though I went to Xtian school with them everyday)... and now finally catching up with them...

Some understand why I'm no longer Christian.. but most of them do.. they used to criticize my family, but i'm not too sure how to cope with the 'liberal Xtian testimony' which actually isn't much of a testimony.

Anyone know what I mean?

After being out from christianity for 10 weeks, I finally got around to joining facebook the other day... and ran into a whole lot of once fundy now liberal Xtians... (who left my parents church years ago)... people that my parents would allow me NOTHING to do with (even though I went to Xtian school with them everyday)... and now finally catching up with them...

Some understand why I'm no longer Christian.. but most of them do.. they used to criticize my family, but i'm not too sure how to cope with the 'liberal Xtian testimony' which actually isn't much of a testimony.

Anyone know what I mean?

Having come from a Catholic background, religio-speak phrases like "Christian testimony" never had any meaning to me. I gather there are lots of such phrases in protestantism that don't have much meaning to Catholics. Stuff like "being slain in the spirit". To this day I have no remote idea what that is supposed to mean. The first time as an adult that I saw a film quip of people "speaking in tongues" I thought they were in a madhouse. I had never heard of such a thing before.

FB is my lifeline to my social life. I'm on there a lot...I love status commenting. I get to be a smartass and people love it! :D

All us heathens need to stick together. Want an FB buddy, just PM me and I'll send you my name and network...or search for Mark in the Calgary, AB network and look for a bald dude with a goatee...although we kind of all look the same... :P