Goodbye Jesus

13,000-year-old Tools Dug Up In Colorado Yard

hereticzero

Creationists take another hit in their insistence of a young earth--less than seven thousand years old. An article at MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29412850/) claims ice age tools as old as 13,000 years were uncovered in less than two feet of dirt in a Boulder neighborhood.

BTW: Anyone looking for arrow heads and such, here is some good advice when searching your favorite areas. The story mentioned above shows the tools were buried shallow. American Indians who roamed from one end of the continent to the other often times buried tools or arrow heads (ammo) when traveling through enemy territory. This was done so as to help in the event a person or a group needs some quick ammo. You cannot readily sit down and bang out a dozen or more arrow heads when the enemy are lobbing theirs at you one after another. So, if you are looking for cache in your favorite spot to hunt, dig up ant hills. You may be surprised at what you find buried in them!

Bah, I’m almost sure they’ve concocted some twisted “reason” why carbon dating is flawed.

To say nothing of the 30,000 year old cave paintings in Lascaux, France. Not that the fundys would accept any modern dating methods.

Hey Deva…

Billions and billions of…

No, not years… of creationists' neurons wasted. :HaHa:

To say nothing of the 30,000 year old cave paintings in Lascaux, France. Not that the fundys would accept any modern dating methods.

Actually, Ken Ham attributes cave tools and paintings to the people who were scattered across the globe after Babel. :shrug:

Even if you present evidence of something predating creation, they will just reply that carbon dating (or any dating for that matter) is flawed OR that gawd created every thing old to begin with. But at the same time, they will use those same dating methods to validate their claims when it is convenient.

Except when it's used on Bible fragments and parchments, or pottery to prove some lost city or place mentioned in the Bible. In those cases, every method is exactly on the day accurate.

Creationists take another hit in their insistence of a young earth--less than seven thousand years old. An article at MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29412850/) claims ice age tools as old as 13,000 years were uncovered in less than two feet of dirt in a Boulder neighborhood.

Ah.....I was looking for those, can they ship UPS? :phew:

As long as there wasn't some creepy black oil that seeped up out of the ground with them, went up their legs and neck and turned their eyes black, then transformed the home owners into nasty space aliens, then I think we'll be safe. We can call off the FBI.

Except when it's used on Bible fragments and parchments, or pottery to prove some lost city or place mentioned in the Bible. In those cases, every method is exactly on the day accurate.

That always makes me chuckle quietly to myself too! :fun:

On a related note to the OP, for anyone who hasn't heard of this, AFAIK the earliest known 'artwork' or 'abstract expression' known to be made by early humans is this piece,

post-2801-1235880431_thumb.jpgand it dates to about 80,000 years ago.

An interesting starting point to learn more about it can be found here.

80,000 years old? Now come on Jack, thats more than 74,000 years before creation. Somebody's got a little explaining to do. :grin:

Creationist BS will not die from this. Their so called "evidence" is nothing but blind assertions that are assumed to be true based their confirmation bias of the bible being true. They will simply claim that the tools were planted by satan, or say the scientists working on the discovery used faulty dating methods regardless of merit, or the all time favorite "God is testing our faith".

Ah.....I was looking for those, can they ship UPS?

Of course. It would be the kind of out-dated tool you would use! ;)

They definitely do not make quality tools like that anymore. :HaHa:

They don't show these on tv, but there are some shitty looking cave paintings next to the really cool ones. Umm those shitty looking ones? Umm those were mine... :lmao:

Ahem seriously, one thing I tell people who think they can't draw at all is, that if these poor ignorant cavemen could make such awesome looking paintings with just animal fat and plant pigment, with no Bob Ross to be found, then us sophisticated folks in the twenty first century with all of these resources can manage with enough practice. Just takes time.

80,000 years old? Now come on Jack, thats more than 74,000 years before creation. Somebody's got a little explaining to do. :grin:

Well shit, I just thought of some way the creationists might explain it. They'd probably say something like the artifacts were created by demons in hell after the fall from heaven and there was a long expanse of time before god created the earth.. They'd argue that the demons planted the artifacts on earth to confuse the faithful.