Goodbye Jesus

Life

Lightbearer

What are you views on being alive at the moment? Like, in the macro-sense... the state of the country, the world, how you relate to everything.

What's everyone general "big picture" thoughts at the moment?

My main thought is -- "HANS IS A MOD?! When the fuck did this happen?"

You didn't notice my "mod" status until now? Get new glasses! :HaHa:

I got mod-ified a long time ago (as in regular mod), but last year Dave kicked me into the big-boys room. Kevin can't spend as much time anymore so somehow they thought I would fit.

Muahah! I got superpowers!!! :we-should-have-a-superman-smiley-which-would-go-here-if-we-did:

What are you views on being alive at the moment? Like, in the macro-sense... the state of the country, the world, how you relate to everything.

No worse than any other time in history. There's always been rich, poor, good, evil, peace, conflict, health, sickness, and at some point every single one of us has to die.

Considering the actual chances of existence at all...anytime to be alive would be a curse or a gift...

Guest Net Eng
No worse than any other time in history. There's always been rich, poor, good, evil, peace, conflict, health, sickness, and at some point every single one of us has to die.

Considering the actually chances of existence at all...anytime to be alive would be a curse or a gift...

Agreed. Which is why I say....

:D

You didn't notice my "mod" status until now? Get new glasses! :HaHa:

I got mod-ified a long time ago (as in regular mod), but last year Dave kicked me into the big-boys room. Kevin can't spend as much time anymore so somehow they thought I would fit.

Muahah! I got superpowers!!! :we-should-have-a-superman-smiley-which-would-go-here-if-we-did:

I guess I haven't been here or posted here in forever then. I don't think I remember you being a Mod. I vaguely do, which means it's been so long I don't remember.

I tend to go through cycles on forums. I go there, I like it, I post a bunch, get into fights, get on a crusading campaign to change peoples minds, get frustrated, get personally insulted, stop giving a fuck, get bored, leave....

Same thing happens every time, man.

I tend to go through cycles on forums. I go there, I like it, I post a bunch, get into fights, get on a crusading campaign to change peoples minds, get frustrated, get personally insulted, stop giving a fuck, get bored, leave....

Same thing happens every time, man.

Sorry to hear that. Well, welcome back, for as long as you stay. :)

What's everyone general "big picture" thoughts at the moment?

My main thought is -- "HANS IS A MOD?! When the fuck did this happen?"

Well, I'm still trying to come to terms with Death might be the end, because I'm in my early forties and haven't really done anything with my life. Also trying to find a purpose, what do I want to do with my remaining time on the planet.

I may have to come back to this post after I come up with a better answer.

I'm worried about the vegetables. Too many imported vegetables.

I find myself living in my head quite often.

I've got a sort of blase sense of life. I'm not a nihilist by an means, so I just take things in stride. Nothing is ever going to get worse then what it has ever been (granted a nuclear bomb never goes off), and nothing is ever going to be uptopic.

I dunno, I don't think I'd want to live in the days before antibiotics and indoor plumbing.

Yeah, I think there may be such a thing as progress (or regression). Why does everyone assume that things have always been and always will be the same?

Yeah, I think there may be such a thing as progress (or regression). Why does everyone assume that things have always been and always will be the same?

The human condition (wants and needs) is pretty much the same as it always has been. Societies, on the other hand, do progress and regress.