Goodbye Jesus

The Crocoduck Is Real

Neon Genesis

Apparently scientists have discovered that the creationists' favorite animal, the crocoduck is real after all.

http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/02/28/oh-d...real-crocoduck/ The unusually intact fossilized skull of a giant, bony-toothed seabird that lived up to 10 million years ago was found on Peru’s arid southern coast, researchers said Friday. With fossils discovered in North America, North Africa and even Antarctica, Kepska said, the birds were ubiquitous only a few million years before humans evolved and scientists puzzle over why they died out. Some believe they are related to gannets and pelicans, while other say they are related to ducks.
I wonder how the creationists will respond to this or if they'll keep on using this argument.

...And all through the fossil record and life, we don't see one of these; a Crocoduck! There's just nothing like it!

Do you smell that, Kirk? Do you smell that odor that permeates past those finely permed nostril hairs of yours? That's the smell of karma. Because now, there IS something like that.

Although, Kirk Cam-Moron and Ray "The Banana" Comfort won't see it that way, because they're not looking for actual transitional fossils. They want a chimera.

I wonder how the creationists will respond to this or if they'll keep on using this argument.

:magic: Crocoduck :funny:

As much as I would like to relish in the fact that we have their "crocoduck," I will have to say that their response to that is that it is not exactly what they are looking for. What they are looking for is a fossil of a head of a crocodile fused on to that of a fossil of a duck, and can be proven to not be a forgery. Besides, little do they know that avians have small (very small) teeth in their beaks/bills.

Like I said, the type of transition that Ray Crackpot and Kirk Cam-Moron are looking for is a chimera. They literally want a fossil that is literally half one species and half another, which is impossible.

Besides, even when science does find a transitional form to fill an evolutionary gap, creationist morons like Comfort just posits that two more gaps on either side of the new fossil. It's a game to them, and they set it up so that you can never win.

Watch a Ray Comfort debate some time. The man doesn't even care that he gets owned in every single debate. He just goes out there to evangelize, because he doesn't care. That's why he has the bravery to challenge Richard Dawkins, even though everyone knows that Dawkins would completely destroy him. What matters is that he's sharing a stage with a notable atheist, so he can add something to his debate resume rather than actually contribute to the learning process. It's all part of their little game to make it appear that they have credibility.

Getting back to the topic at hand, this fossil doesn't even matter, anyway. Common descent is established to a degree of certainty that far exceeds most other scientific theories, including that of gravity. Biologists have the molecular evidence to show this. The crocoduck challenge is irrelevant. The reason Kirk and Ray don't understand this is because they're absurdists, and they're behind on their science. They think fossils still matter.

OMFG!!!! LAMO!!!!!!

That thing actully is real! Wow, this one tops them all!

Howerver I do agree that they will find ways to "reason" there way out of this. My guss they will pretend to never may the agurment and move on to one there other animals, Like the literal Bull-Frog.

As much as I would like to relish in the fact that we have their "crocoduck," I will have to say that their response to that is that it is not exactly what they are looking for. What they are looking for is a fossil of a head of a crocodile fused on to that of a fossil of a duck, and can be proven to not be a forgery. Besides, little do they know that avians have small (very small) teeth in their beaks/bills.

The photo was never "theirs" to begin with. Their crocoduck is an photoshop image someone did for some creature edit contest years ago that has since become a regular internet image. They might as well resort to using the dancing banana icon as the Athiest Nightmare. So much for Thou Shall Not Steal, eh? lol

That is funny...the backhand of kismet has made its facepalm, but kismet is shirking in dire pain as of now, because Comfort's face is a combination of adamantium and titanium and he has glowing red eyes...

Damn you Satan for your time traveling fossil planting deceptions!

mwc

Damn you Satan for your time traveling fossil planting deceptions!

mwc

Amen brother :grin: