Goodbye Jesus

Is Obama The Next Jesus?

Abiyoyo

Obama has supposedly appointed leaders of his faith based program. Sound familiar? 12 disciples? :twitch:

The Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships was founded via executive order on Feb. 5 to be a new office of the executive branch. According to the order, the council "shall be composed of not more than 25 members appointed by the president from among individuals who are not officers or employees of the federal government." They will serve one-year terms "and serve at the pleasure of the president."

Heading up the office is Josh DuBois, the 26-year-old former pastor who advised Obama during the campaign. It was DuBois who reportedly campaigned heavily for the controversial decision to have Warren deliver the inaugural invocation, a move that angered many defenders of gay rights. (That said, the advisory council also includes Fred Davie, the openly gay president of the New York nonprofit Public/Private Ventures.)

In fairness, just as Obama was open about his plan to keep intact Bush's faith-based initiatives, he also made no secret of his plan to create such an office. As a candidate, he stated that he would expand the number of religious organizations eligible for federal funding. In a speech delivered on the campaign trail in Ohio last summer, Obama criticized the faith-based initiatives under Bush as "used to promote partisan interests," pledging that his would be different.

"I still believe it's a good idea to have a partnership between the White House and grassroots groups, both faith-based and secular," Obama said. "But it has to be a real partnership -- not a photo-op. That's what it will be when I'm president. I'll establish a new Council for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. The new name will reflect a new commitment. This council will not just be another name on the White House organization chart -- it will be a critical part of my administration."

I think we have a President on a mission from God?

This would seem to conflict with the brand of Christianity Obama has adopted, which he described at the National Prayer Breakfast as being motivated by his work as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago. "It was on those streets, in those neighborhoods, that I first heard God's spirit beckon me," Obama told his audience. "It was there that I felt called to a higher purpose -- His purpose."

http://www.alternet.org/rights/129920/is_o...e_house/?page=1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• Neon Genesis

• Ouroboros

• Legion

:scratch: Curious Yoyo, wasn't it you in the other thread that was saying Obama was a secret Muslim (due to his father) trying to get them into power or something?

I personally disagree with faith based anything, I don't think it has it's place in government at all, and if it were up to me it wouldn't be. Unfortunately there is no person running for or holding office that agrees with me on that position.

That being said, The Neocon meltdown has been an awesome thing to behold. popcorn.gif I wonder if the Birth Certificate issue will be posted again soon. :lmao:

:scratch:Curious Yoyo, wasn't it you in the other thread that was saying Obama was a secret Muslim (due to his father) trying to get them into power or something?

I personally disagree with faith based anything, I don't think it has it's place in government at all, and if it were up to be it wouldn't be. Unfortunately there is no person running for or holding office that agrees with me on that position.

That being said, The Neocon meltdown has been an awesome thing to behold. popcorn.gif I wonder if the Birth Certificate issue will be posted again soon. :lmao:

Maybe he is Islam Jesus :jesus: ......In the other thread, I never said I thought Obama was a Muslim. Not once. I still have no idea why people think I said that. Neon said I said that, but I never did. I said background, as his father was Muslim at one time, background, not that he is Muslim :banghead: .....And now the story has went to, I thought he was trying to get Islamics in secretly to power....

:lmao:

Jesus is back? Well, he got the right skin color. ;)

Just wait for the reports of miracles, but I bet it won't impress the Christians. They probably will shun him, just like the Jews did the first time.

...In the other thread, I never said I thought Obama was a Muslim. Not once. I still have no idea why people think I said that. Neon said I said that, but I never did. I said background, as his father was Muslim at one time, background, not that he is Muslim :banghead: .....And now the story has went to, I thought he was trying to get Islamics in secretly to power....

Post #5 in that Blasphemy thread you said..............

10years ago, I would have said that I am not worried; but we have a President with an Islamic background now that could very well agree to this, against the countries wishes. I think it will result in impeachment. I don't think Americas will tolerate losing freedom of speech, especially with religion. The only problem might be with the missionary crowd overseas, that are being killed and so forth. Some Christian groups may be fooled into going for it, to protect themselves on mission trips.

I'd like to also point out that you used this reason to support why you thought Obama would support the Blasphemy law. I know this is a different topic, but he can't be a xtain zealot and a Muslim sleeper at the same time is what I was pointing out. I know the people on the right believe he's the anti-Christ, to non-american, to secret Muslim, to Race baiter to now the second coming apparently. I find it humorous is all...

...In the other thread, I never said I thought Obama was a Muslim. Not once. I still have no idea why people think I said that. Neon said I said that, but I never did. I said background, as his father was Muslim at one time, background, not that he is Muslim :banghead: .....And now the story has went to, I thought he was trying to get Islamics in secretly to power....

Post #5 in that Blasphemy thread you said..............

10years ago, I would have said that I am not worried; but we have a President with an Islamic background now that could very well agree to this, against the countries wishes. I think it will result in impeachment. I don't think Americas will tolerate losing freedom of speech, especially with religion. The only problem might be with the missionary crowd overseas, that are being killed and so forth. Some Christian groups may be fooled into going for it, to protect themselves on mission trips.

I'd like to also point out that you used this reason to support why you thought Obama would support the Blasphemy law. I know this is a different topic, but he can't be a xtain zealot and a Muslim sleeper at the same time is what I was pointing out. I know the people on the right believe he's the anti-Christ, to non-american, to secret Muslim, to Race baiter to now the second coming apparently. I find it humorous is all...

Japedo. I just explained what I meant by it, so can we drop the whole subject of me thinking Obama is a conspiring of Muslim power. I just made a statement that said that I thought that Obama could go for that law being as his stance on peace with Islam. It was a general statement that got misunderstood, and has been torn apart into a YoYo bashing Simple statement turned into an escapade of criticism and finger pointing. You guys couldn't even figure out that it was the same topic, yet you want to be critics?! How are you going to keep on and on about the same thing, after I have posted on posted defending what I meant!?

Its simple Japedo. Obama wants peace with Islam's. We are 'still in waiting for revised proposal from the UN conference on racism( which one topic is the blasphemy law), as I referenced in the other thread; which the media is had speculated as 'entertaining' the whole proposal. Yes, the US has officially backed out, and also as I stated in the other thread, 'unless it is fixed'. Which would imply that the damn thing is still being entertained by our freaking, President!!!!!

Come on Japedo. REEADD the thread. Please. I almost think your playing stupid just to get under my skin. So, from here out. I am not entertaining your lack of observation. This is the last communication of explanation from my end about the topic. :close:

If only our logic was as clear as yours Yoyo... :rolleyes::17:

autopsy.gif

I think Obama sucks.

Carry on.

Jesus is back? Well, he got the right skin color. ;)

Just wait for the reports of miracles, but I bet it won't impress the Christians. They probably will shun him, just like the Jews did the first time.

They say that there hasn't been another President that has put things like this into real practice. Between Japedo, and Neon, I'm about to go insane with their selective reading skills. But....moving on... I see our president as good, but wonder about some of statements. I mean, Bush may have been Mr. Fundy president, faith based whatever; but Obama is solidifying the whole thing, and putting a side note around it as, it will be done the right way this time.

I thought it was interesting that in combo of his mission of Islamic peace, entertaining Durban, saying God has a mission--His mission, and setting up this executive branch, through non-federal employees; all this, is pointing to a very religious minded President.

I don't like it when any public official tells me that any "god" called them to do anything. It's pandering, insanity or somewhere in-between. The "truth" is that if any "god" were to truly call for that leader I think said "god" wouldn't keep it between itself and that leader but maybe let the people in on it so they could place this special person into power. Who wouldn't want "god's" pick as their leader after all?

mwc

A smart move politically speaking. It gives religionists another reason to abandon the Republicans, especially those that would vote/support Democrats if Democrats could look like they supported family values (what ever the hell that is).

As much as I hate the idea, at least Obama seems to really mean it, unlike Bush who was just blowing smoke. I'm not saying that this agency is good, only that it is honest -- a refreshing if disturbing change.

• Super Moderator

I agree with the Chef. Smart political move.

It's a political waste of time to play to the hard core atheist voter, but a move like this is likely to gain him at least a little more support from disenfranchised religious Republicans.

So, he's either really deluded that a god has called him to do something, or he's lying.

At least we have more evidence for Obama's existence than we do of Jesus.

• Super Moderator

No we don't. Obama's birth certificate was faked. Look it up!

No, that proves he wasn't born. That makes him God. Never born = eternal.

:yelrotflmao::notworthy::clap::god:

No, that proves he wasn't born. That makes him God. Never born = eternal.

:jesus: The time is near young grasshoppers...

Alright. So we have established that Obama is God, and has chosen his disciples. What are your thoughts?

Now you've done it... :begood:popcorn.gif:lmao:

I expected to see posts pertaining to this..

March 04, 2009

Missouri Republicans push birth certificate questions to oppose 'tyranny'

Fifteen Republican members of the Missouri General Assembly have signed on to a state constitutional amendment that appears aimed at advancing the claims of the fringe movement that doubts President Barack Obama's eligibility to serve as president.

Politico

Alright. So we have established that Obama is God, and has chosen his disciples. What are your thoughts?

Now he will unite all religions, and non-beliefs, under one umbrella of faith, and we'll have world-peace for 1000 years.

Obama sucks ass.

Carry on.

Obama sucks ass.

Carry on.

Legion :grin: We have established that since Obama doesn't have an authentic birth certificate, he is equal to Jesus, which is equal to eternal, which is equal to God. So Obama is God. What are your thoughts. Just he sucks ass?

I wonder what the Gospels will say 40 years from now...

Maybe he doesn't have an ass, but just a simple donkey? (Which can speak, of course) Wait, maybe that's Biden?

I wonder what the Gospels will say 40 years from now...

Maybe he doesn't have an ass, but just a simple donkey? (Which can speak, of course) Wait, maybe that's Biden?

Obama had the school buses, remember :grin: