Goodbye Jesus

The Insta-pissed Button

white_raven23

I also used to get pissed when drivers in Russia treat pedestrians like they are pigeons (just expecting them to get out of the way) but now I realize my anger isn't going to change a culture so I just learn to respect the code and live with it.

Ever been to Napoli (Naples)? Cross the street enough times in a day and you're all but guaranteed at least one near death experience. :eek: The locals will tell you to never stop at red lights. You'll cause a five care pile-up if you do. And even city buses will go the wrong way down a one-way street to take a shortcut.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chefranden

• Deva

• Neon Genesis

• Crazycatlady

Nope, been to Rome though and they definitely make Russian drivers seem tame. Russian drivers have a much more elitist attitude toward pedestrians than the Italians though. The Italians don't want to hit you, it's just a bi product of their driving. The Russian drivers look at peds with a sneer and don't think twice about them.

How about screwed up turn lights? A green arrow that lasts just long enough to let 2 CARS turn.

And the shopping...I hate it when I'm looking for a not so common purchase...something a little out of the way...the kind of thing that you KNOW the store aisle it is located in has been utterly empty every time you've EVER shopped there....until you need that odd item and suddenly that aisle is blocked with massive moo cows just....standing there...staring....staring.....

WE CANNOT ALL BE SHOPPING FOR TOOTHBRUSH HOLDERS AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!!!!

GAAAAH!!!

How about screwed up turn lights? A green arrow that lasts just long enough to let 2 CARS turn.

And the shopping...I hate it when I'm looking for a not so common purchase...something a little out of the way...the kind of thing that you KNOW the store aisle it is located in has been utterly empty every time you've EVER shopped there....until you need that odd item and suddenly that aisle is blocked with massive moo cows just....standing there...staring....staring.....

WE CANNOT ALL BE SHOPPING FOR TOOTHBRUSH HOLDERS AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME!!!!

GAAAAH!!!

Sometime I should post a pic of the grocery store next to our apartment. It has almost 50 checkouts and a line with a minimum of 5 people at any given time of day or night with all checkouts operating. During "busy" periods it has 15+ per line with all checkouts operating.

To make matters worse, Russian babushki (grandmas) just park their carts any old place and you can't navigate the store - ever. Just to run in for a quick item or two is a 30-45 minute ordeal.

And unlike in the US where people give you the right of way and try to walk a straight line, here they just walk randomly like bees fly. It's by far the most frustrating thing about living here. If I can, I will walk to the little store that's 20 minutes away just to avoid the lines in the supermarket that's 3 minutes away.

I'm not exaggerating. Every single day is like shopping on the day before Thanksgiving x2.

Oh, Napoli's quite a bit worse than Rome, believe it or not. :eek:

The Russian drivers look at peds with a sneer and don't think twice about them.

Sounds like Las Vegas. #1 pedestrian kill rate in the country, although that's largely because of tourists. But it's also the #1 traffic accident rate in the country as well, as well as the #1 cyclist kill rate, and that's mostly locals. There's a Nevada state law that says if you get hit and killed by a taxi while jaywalking, your family can't sue. Local legend has it that there have been a few psychopaths who became cabbies for the sole purpose of having a chance at killing someone and getting away with it.

Lady parks it right in the middle of the isle. She's standing on one side of the cart and her kid is standing on the other side. Its like these people are totally oblivious to the possibility that someone might want to get by. So I'm patiently standing there until one of them moves. Happens all the time. Sometimes even when you say "excuse me", they don't move. Its like they own the place and are doing you a favor. Sometimes I gotta say my temper flares just looking at this kind of thing.

In response to this, I would do one of two things, depending on how bold I was feeling at the time. I would either go to the next aisle and walk down that one instead of push my way through or I would keep walking, acting like I didn't see them, and see if they move. I've physically moved people's carts before if they were in the way instead of just sitting there waiting for them. I've never encountered the scenario above, though. That's pretty rude, I'd have to say.

Cell-phone people. People are so fucking stupid; they discuss personal business out loud, even criminal activity.

People who are rude/disrespectful/arrogant. Regularly.

People who call me when I'm eating, tell me they have something important to tell me over the phone, and then give me stupid bullshit or speak very, very, very slowly.

People who are just fucking stupid -- and know they are stupid.

Anyone who tries to shove religion into my bodily orifices.

People who expect me to help them every chance I can but are nowhere to be found when I need help.

And I'm definitely with you on the reading thing. 75% of my time on the bus reading is usually interrupted by some idiot trying to start a conversation.

And leeches, moochers, and anyone else who tries to suck any resource possible out of me (especially when the person acts as if I don't know it's happening) -- LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!! Oh damn I want to kick something right now!!

That does it. Other than that, I'm quite peaceful.

Cell-phone people. People are so fucking stupid; they discuss personal business out loud, even criminal activity.

Mmm, criminals plus stupidity...makes sense to me.

I had a good laugh when I read this...thanks. :lmao:

People who:

- Treat me like I'm stupid just because I don't share their views.

- Do "nice" things for me that I never wanted, just so they can hold it over me.

- Over-compliment people to win favor...and the people who eat this up.

- Can't ever keep plans.

- Refuse to admit when they were wrong.

- Are working and treat customers like they are inconveniencing them.

- Like to yell.

Pretty much people...haha...nothing else is really coming to mind.

People who:

- Do "nice" things for me that I never wanted, just so they can hold it over me.

- Over-compliment people to win favor...and the people who eat this up.

Yeah, this pisses me off too. I knew someone like that and dumped her unceremoniously. Did "nice" things, only not so nice later on. Hey, as this thread goes on, I am finding out more and more things that really get me.

How about a Christian trying to apologize, on behalf of Christianity, for someone else's treatment by other Christians? Gag me with a spoon.

Other things that annoy me, people who nag all the time about the personality flaws in others but then turn around and do all the same things they were just nagging about. If you're going to nag about somebody, at least fix the problems with yourself first. And I can't stand it when they try to find fault in everything you do. It's like they hold you to these impossible standards of perfection that they don't even bother to hold to. I also get pissed when I'm chatting with some people on Instant Messengers, but then they start whining about how they don't like the way the conversation is going, but they do nothing to add to the conversation and I'm always the one who has to innate the conversation with them. If they don't like the way the conversation is going, they can try adding to it themselves. And I get annoyed when people sign online when they're in a bad mood, then chew me out when I'm not pitying them enough. If you're going to be in a bad mood, why not tell me first or just not sign online? I don't sign online when I'm in a bad mood because I don't feel like talking to anyone. But I hate it when people who don't feel like talking talk to you anyway then bite your head off if you aren't doing it right for them. They're nice people in general, but sometimes just drive me insane.

Ug some background is needed (tl;dr summary at the end), so I'm currently studying abroad in the UK through my college (which is a Christian college), there's about 19 of us students and two professors in the group. Each of us students are taking two classes through the professors from our home institution and two classes from the uni we are studying at, I'm taking a creative writing and a Pagan and New Age Spiritualities class. I love the pagan class b/c I don't have to wade through apologetics or any other Christian bullshit (or any of the overused phrases at my school like "Creation Fall Redemption" or "discernment" and no god damn quotes from Abraham Kuyper!) and we have guest lecturers nearly every week who actually practice the beliefs we are studying. I have this huge grin on my face throughout the whole lecture period. This uni used to be a CoE university but now it has little to no religious affiliation and the chaplaincy caters to all religious beliefs.

The fact that we are at a more secular institution has already been brought up in the devotions we are forced to do before the classes taught by the profs from our home college...with of course the emphasis being on "ZOMG! what a minority we are!" said by people who haven't talked with their fellow students at the uni enough to know that the vast majority of them are Christians and that many are quite conservative in their beliefs :Doh:

I was explaining the class to my other professor, who was shocked that the class wasn't taught from a Christian perspective, she then proceeded to ask me if they were going to have a token Christian come in and talk about their beliefs...WTF?

Then today she invited the chaplain to come into our class to talk, this after both our home professors couldn't figure out why the chaplain wouldn't bend over backwards to cater exclusively to us shortly after we arrived. I slept in because it didn't sound like he was going to discuss anything related to what we are supposed to be studying in the class, and this was a good choice b/c my classmates later told me I missed nothing. But according to my classmates this same professor then asked if he had a student from a secular background come to him and was considering converting to Islam, would he be ok with that or would he try to pull them to Christianity, implying heavily that as a Christian minister he should do the "right" thing. :49:

In summary: We are in another culture at a largely SECULAR college. We shouldn't expect others to embrace the things our college back home expects nor should be all high and mighty and think that our group comprises of the only Christians at the uni right now!!! The arrogance and lack of rational thinking is astounding...

...Regularly.

People who call me when I'm eating, tell me they have something important to tell me over the phone, and then give me stupid bullshit or speak very, very, very slowly...

Here's a tip, don't answer the phone unless it is convenient for you. We've been trained to drop everything and answer the damn phone no matter what. Well fuck it! It isn't likely god calling. The phone doesn't own you. You own it.

...Regularly.

People who call me when I'm eating, tell me they have something important to tell me over the phone, and then give me stupid bullshit or speak very, very, very slowly...

Here's a tip, don't answer the phone unless it is convenient for you. We've been trained to drop everything and answer the damn phone no matter what. Well fuck it! It isn't likely god calling. The phone doesn't own you. You own it.

More than calls at inconvenient times, I hate when people answer the phone when we're supposed to be spending one-on-one time...like at a restaurant or shopping or something...and I'm just sitting there twiddling my thumbs.

I detest whining pissants who in their positions of elected *authoritah* deem it necvessary to tell me what is safe and sane to play with.

Booze, sex, guns, cars, whatever...

Wait! I also hate folks who simply out of thin air tell me "how they know *insert name/situation/etc* "was kilt by driving/drinking/eating/fucking/doing" something I am enjoying right at moment..

Religious numbnuts I can deal well with.

Forkin' idiots who HAVE to inform me about the DANGER of something piss me off something severe.

k, hopes to be 95, shot by jealous husbandFL

Wait! I also hate folks who simply out of thin air tell me "how they know *insert name/situation/etc* "was kilt by driving/drinking/eating/fucking/doing" something I am enjoying right at moment..

Kev, this for sure had me cracking up over the keyboard...its certainly happened to me a few times... :lmao:

:P

Hmmm...insta pissed button. I find I get less pissed off about things the older I get, but am still somewhat of a firecracker. These will do it instantly:

1. Any discussion of Sunday laws (echo whoever said that earlier). And just why the fuck CAN'T I buy a half gallon of whiskey on Sunday? Oh...I get it...because it's more moral for me to buy it on Saturday night and then get wasted on Sunday than to buy it and get wasted the same day.

2. Door to door salesmen. Enough said.

3. People who repeatedly call when you don't pick up the phone. If I didn't pick up my cell, I probably had a reason, like I am READING (echo that one too), I am busy, I am in the shower, I am on a work call, I DON'T WANT TO TALK ON THE FREAKING PHONE BECAUSE I HATE IT, I am eating, I am having sex, I am drinking, etc. etc. You don't have to hang up on my cell, call the home phone, hang up on it, call my spouse's phone, then hang up on it and call my cell back to finally leave a message. GOOD G-D that pisses me off. Just leave a message the first damn time and stop calling me.

I am pissed just thinking about it.

... How about a Christian trying to apologize, on behalf of Christianity, for someone else's treatment by other Christians? Gag me with a spoon.

Absolutely! It seems so smarmy and artificial, like a hyper-slimy used car salesman. I noticed yet another one of them in the Lion's Den today. Nearly lost my lunch.

3. People that meet in the grocery isles and stop to share the gossip.

OMFLOG!!** I saw two women do something like this one time... in the crosswalk right in front of my car as I was sitting at a red light. You should've seen them scurry when the light finally changed...

I make a point of enjoying whatever it is extra especially much whenever someone does that. :wicked:

*Oh My Fucking Lack Of God.

The thing about that is, I rarely ever get called unless it is during the certain hours I've told people to call me. So that's why when my phone rings out of those hours, I'm VERY surprised and often there is something I need to know over the phone -- and that happens maybe once or twice a month.

I've been reading the replies, and have found so many that I agree with. Maybe I just don't like other people. *shrugs*

And as for the whole thing with picking things in others that I don't like without trying to improve myself -- I try to make sure that I'm not repeating the things I don't like in others, unless someone pushed me too the point of serious anger-land-no-fucking-return and I act like an asshole to all people I see for about a week until I hurt myself by kicking a firehydrant or by doing something else stupid because I was pissed. Then again, I'm quite calm for an average of 50 weeks out of the year. But hey, we all have our moments!

3. People who repeatedly call when you don't pick up the phone. If I didn't pick up my cell, I probably had a reason, like I am READING (echo that one too), I am busy, I am in the shower, I am on a work call, I DON'T WANT TO TALK ON THE FREAKING PHONE BECAUSE I HATE IT, I am eating, I am having sex, I am drinking, etc. etc. You don't have to hang up on my cell, call the home phone, hang up on it, call my spouse's phone, then hang up on it and call my cell back to finally leave a message. GOOD G-D that pisses me off. Just leave a message the first damn time and stop calling me.

Yes, this is extremely annoying. My dad does something similar: he calls my cell phone, leaves a message, calls my home or work phone, leaves a message, then calls my cellphone and leaves another message. 95% of the time, these messages consist of "Hey, honey, it's your dad. Just wanted to say hi. Give me call when you the chance. Love you, bye" on three different phones! Fortunately, I usually find this amusing rather than annoying and just delete the messages without listening to them.

Door to door salesmen are also pain (as are missionaries). That is the one thing I like about living on campus -- they aren't allowed.

And, of course, ppl wHO tYpE lk DIS!!!111!!

And, of course, ppl wHO tYpE lk DIS!!!111!!

HAHAHAHA I totally read that with a Jamaican accent! LOL!

Speaking of phones, it annoys me when telemarketers call you to get you to buy something, especially when they call after 6:00 p.m. One time a telemarketer called my mother at 8:00 p.m. and tried to get her to give him her credit card number. Wtf? x.X And one time there was a telemarketer who kept calling her and claiming that she owed them some debt and kept mixing her up with somebody else with a similar name. She kept telling them she wasn't her but they kept threatening to sue unless she paid them the debt that she didn't owe them because that wasn't her. Does anyone ever buy anything from telemarketers?

I have a collection agency calling my house. They have the wrong person. They have called me for 2 years now. It is a recorded messages asking me to phone their number. When you phone it, it is never during their office hours. One time I did get through to someone's voice mail and left them a message asking what these calls were about. Someone called back when I wasn't home and left a message they were looking for somebody I never heard of and to "disregard further calls" LOL its THEIR MISTAKE and I keep getting disturbed!!

They are still calling with these recorded messages. Enough to drive anyone nuts. If I didn't have caller ID on my phone I would have probably changed the number by now.