Goodbye Jesus

The Insta-pissed Button

white_raven23

I have a collection agency calling my house. They have the wrong person. They have called me for 2 years now. It is a recorded messages asking me to phone their number. When you phone it, it is never during their office hours. One time I did get through to someone's voice mail and left them a message asking what these calls were about. Someone called back when I wasn't home and left a message they were looking for somebody I never heard of and to "disregard further calls" LOL its THEIR MISTAKE and I keep getting disturbed!!

They are still calling with these recorded messages. Enough to drive anyone nuts. If I didn't have caller ID on my phone I would have probably changed the number by now.

Call them and say, "Hello, this is so-and-so with the [location] district attorney's office returning your call of [date(s)]..." and pretend it's a work phone number. They will be considerably less likely to call again (based off of personal experience with two collection agencies calling my cell phone).

Then get as much information about the company as you can and actually write to your district attorney's office.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chefranden

• Deva

• Neon Genesis

• Crazycatlady

They are still calling with these recorded messages. Enough to drive anyone nuts. If I didn't have caller ID on my phone I would have probably changed the number by now.
Answer the phone with a faux Asian accent and respond "Hallo, moshi-moshi?!"

Crazy Cat and Neon: Great ideas, but it is never a real person on the phone - its a recording. Even when you call the place, it goes to a recording. I guess I could threaten them over their voice mail lol.

Oh, I misread your post -- I thought you had gotten through to an actual person once, not just a voice mail.

Seriously, I do think the district attorney, better business bureau, and/or your phone company should be made aware of this.

As I understand it, if you are receiving unwanted calls from a collections agency, you can track them down and inform them in writing that you no longer wish to receive contact of any kind from them (phone, email, written, etc.). They are obligated by law to leave you alone. See some info on that here.

If you choose to do so I'd recommend CC'ing a copy to your state attorney general's office as well, and the state attorney general's office of the state wherever the collection agency is located. Send it via certified mail and keep a copy for yourself.

More info can be found online if you do a search on "consumer protections" or "fair credit rights" or something similar to that.

I had to chime in again because it just got pushed. That goddam "So What" by pink just stirs my grits. Hate the music, the lyrics, the singer, and every freakin' radio station that plays the crap. Lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd tell you what I really think. :P

I had to chime in again because it just got pushed. That goddam "So What" by pink just stirs my grits. Hate the music, the lyrics, the singer, and every freakin' radio station that plays the crap. Lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd tell you what I really think. :P

For me its Nickelback's fucking "Something In Your Mouth". Helloooo patronizing, obviously suggestive, sexist tripe! Let's play it 100 times a day!

Another thing this AM that kinda set me off.... parents who think it's cute to have their little kids answer the phone are irritating enough...but this morning, I was subject to something that TOPPED that.

In the AM there is a radio station I like to tune in to. The Hosts are crass, goofy, sarcastic, and even funny. Their policy is that they offend everyone equally. Sometimes they even have interesting discussions on current events. They keep me entertained on the drive to work. This morning, I had to turn them the fuck OFF.

One of the Hosts had his 5 year old son in the studio this morning doing commentary. So not only was the show suddenly 'G' Rated....here I am listening to a kid give his PERSPECTIVE on last night's hockey game.

Piping child-voice on the radio at 7 AM....

*CLICK!*

So what does it for you?

People who assign mysterious causes to events in casual conversation. For example, boy fails drivers test twice, boy's mother wonders aloud why God might be letting that happen. *silent explosion*

> <

So what does it for you?

People who assign mysterious causes to events in casual conversation. For example, boy fails drivers test twice, boy's mother wonders aloud why God might be letting that happen. *silent explosion*

> <

I hate any mention of the super-natural on the news. When they kept calling the landing on the Hudson a "miracle" I was like AGH! Yes, it had nothing to do with the pilot's skill and quick-thinking...it was a super-natural event with no natural explanation. And when they say "Thank God" and stuff... I must be a bit of a masochist cuz I listen for this stuff...