Goodbye Jesus

Nightmares

Skeptic

Anyone have nightmares frequently or used to? I did, but they went away after I became an atheist. The few dreams that I've had since that could've potentially been nightmares were so absurd that I knew it was a dream. I used to have nightmares constantly. They were really vivid, even more vivid than real life was to me at the time, and they kind of blended together with my waking hours so I had a hard time telling what was real and what wasn't. Of course, this just made it worse. Coincidentally, this happened when I was at the height of my atheist-denying xian days. It's a part of my life that I haven't really talked or thought a lot about and I'm kind of hoping someone can empathize.

Yep, I can empathize. I used to have them bad. I don't really even dream anymore though. Weird. I had the worst nightmares at the height of my attempts to be saved. During that time I had given away my child, spent a week with a biblical counselor who told me I was possessed with demons from childhood, and checked myself into a fundamental baptist run behavior modification home....so I guess there was good reason for the nightmares. It is interesting to me that when I did have them frequently it would be of me running from someone in the church. I think sometimes our subconscious tries to warn us, talk to us if you will through our dreams.