Goodbye Jesus

Hey Everyone! We've Been Fooling Ourselves!

Gobbler

I was watching the Christian Celebrity Showchase on TBN last night. I know, :banghead: Anyway remember the singer Pat Boone from the 50's? Big-time fundie christian for several years now and he has come out with a new book "Questions about God". Focused towards the college age kids and he is relating on the program this book has all the scientific facts and evidences for the god of the bible and how the bible and jesus are true. Creation is evidence of god he says. There is no denying it! Just read the book and even if you are a skeptic you will believe once you finish this book! Apparently it is that compelling! :beg: He spouts off most of the same tired apologist arguments most of us have heard time and time again. He says if you read the book and still disbelieve in Jehovah you choose to willingly disbelieve! What a major :asshole2: There you go folks, we have been so stupid for not believing anymore. Let's all hold hands and walk into the chopper blade! :brutal_01:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Quit watching TBN ya masochist! :P

ust read the book and even if you are a skeptic you will believe once you finish this book!

I find it fascinating that a book written by a mere man can be so convincing to the "reality" of god while the very word of god, the Bible, can't do that. Interesting ...

He seems very proud of his book. Has anyone else said all that about it? How can a Christian even be a good judge of an apologetics book? If the point is to convince nonbelievers, shouldn't they be the ones to say whether it does the job? And yet you never seem to hear that....

Pat Boone lost his mind years ago..... It's only worse now that he's older...Let him spew all he wants, he won't be around that much longer..

He's one of millions that will hold on to the very end......

Pat Boone is back on TBN? I thought they kicked him off a long time ago for going metal and singing "Holy Diver" with Ronnie James Dio.

boone_metal_mood.jpg

I guess that when you have the EBIL ATHEIST CONSPIRACY on the rise, you take whoever you can get.

Guest Abby84

ha ha ha, my parents were watching that. Hey, is anyone else bothered by the gaudiness of some of those sets? Especially on Praise The Lord, my eyes, my poor eyes!

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKt1oarjzRY

I think Pat Boone needs to not take life so seriously. I get sick of Christians thinking their some kind of fucking mouthpiece for the Divine Puppet Master. Yeah, just let him reach his hand up your back and pull your... I mean guide your mouth and guide your hand so you can write a book.

It's just disgusting that people can't learn to think for themselves. Someone being a celebrity doesn't change that for me.

ha ha ha, my parents were watching that. Hey, is anyone else bothered by the gaudiness of some of those sets? Especially on Praise The Lord, my eyes, my poor eyes!

I used to know a girl who actually went to their studios for some dance performance thingy. It was all cardboard and construction paper, basically.

What always got me was the hair, make-up, and jewelry. I once aired my misgivings about that to some Vineyard people and one of them said "but you see, they're from the South, and that's their way of displaying the prosperity that comes from God..." I could have puked. :woopsie:

QuidEstCaritas?,

I about lost it listening to that! That was great! Thank you! :D

I think Pat Boone has another thing comin'.

I think Pat Boone has another thing comin'.

I think he just dirtied his white bucks with "las vegas light" :woohoo: metal.