Goodbye Jesus

I Hate Being Sick

Amethyst

You would think they would have a cure for the common cold by now. I've been in bed off and on all day.

The human body misery you go through when you are sick completely grosses me out. And when you take OTC meds and they don't work, it pisses me off too.

On the bright side, at least I didn't miss any work this week. But I was gonna go in and work OT to get some extra cash today.

Isn't the common cold one of the best arguments against intelligent design there can be? Talk about something with no reason for being!

Being sick is such a waste of time. If I were in charge...

I've been sick for about a week now. Sucks. Couldn't even smoke for 4 days.

Also on the bright side, I have a ton of cold care herbal tea left over from last year, and I'm getting tired of grapefruit juice. Think I'm gonna go make some.

Isn't the common cold one of the best arguments against intelligent design there can be? Talk about something with no reason for being!

Somewhere, I read that they have finally genetically mapped the cold virus. I would LOVE to see a cure for this in my lifetime.

Just think of how much money is lost by staying home sick, both for the individual worker (at least if you get paid hourly) and the company in terms of productivity.

Somewhere, I read that they have finally genetically mapped the cold virus. I would LOVE to see a cure for this in my lifetime.

Just think of how much money is lost by staying home sick, both for the individual worker (at least if you get paid hourly) and the company in terms of productivity.

I know the economy loses all the money and productivity when you are sick...but we aren't robots either. I think in the big scheme of things its kind of nice to have a break from work. I know you are sick but sometimes it might just be your body telling you that you need to rest, kick back and just be sick where you can't do anything. Even though it does suck being sick...it probably gives your body a deep rest. I get so depressed just thinking of work year in and year out...and I think what am I a robot? Doesn't anyone else ever get sick of the treadmill and just want to be apart from it once in a while?

I hope you get better soon. I know your body is probably aching and sore from all your ailments. *hugs* to you. Have a good rest.

My boss comes in even when she is falling down sick, and gives it to the rest of us. Then if we takes sick days off unscheduled(!) over a certain amount, they assume we are abusing the system and taking sick time as vacation. Grrrr!

I know the economy loses all the money and productivity when you are sick...but we aren't robots either. I think in the big scheme of things its kind of nice to have a break from work. I know you are sick but sometimes it might just be your body telling you that you need to rest, kick back and just be sick where you can't do anything. Even though it does suck being sick...it probably gives your body a deep rest. I get so depressed just thinking of work year in and year out...and I think what am I a robot? Doesn't anyone else ever get sick of the treadmill and just want to be apart from it once in a while?

I hope you get better soon. I know your body is probably aching and sore from all your ailments. *hugs* to you. Have a good rest.

You have a good point -- unfortunately, I get paid hourly and have zero vacation time benefits or anything like that. I know it's related to work stress too, it seems like everyone is sick there lately.

I'm just now coming out of a two-week bout of illness, severe enough that I missed ten days of work. Last time something this nasty hit me... Well, it's been decades. Along the way, I've tried three cough syrups and three different cold/flu formulations, being extremely careful not to combine similar items lest I overdose. The only ones that actually worked were the ones without heavy-duty pharmaceuticals... All the others dehydrated me something fierce or caused side effects that scared the crap out of me.

The worst part about being sick, for me, was the dizziness and muscle weakness from spending so much time propped up in bed. I did get to catch up on some reading, though, when I wasn't conked out... I've finished four books and made good progress on a fifth.

If you've got a bug... Drink all the liquids you can possibly stand, with the exception of milk which will make things worse. Eat whole-grain stuff, lots of it. And keep a touch of spice in there... For me, the turning point was the hot peppers on the subs my partner brought back on Thursday night.

I'm just now coming out of a two-week bout of illness, severe enough that I missed ten days of work. Last time something this nasty hit me... Well, it's been decades. Along the way, I've tried three cough syrups and three different cold/flu formulations, being extremely careful not to combine similar items lest I overdose. The only ones that actually worked were the ones without heavy-duty pharmaceuticals... All the others dehydrated me something fierce or caused side effects that scared the crap out of me.

The worst part about being sick, for me, was the dizziness and muscle weakness from spending so much time propped up in bed. I did get to catch up on some reading, though, when I wasn't conked out... I've finished four books and made good progress on a fifth.

If you've got a bug... Drink all the liquids you can possibly stand, with the exception of milk which will make things worse. Eat whole-grain stuff, lots of it. And keep a touch of spice in there... For me, the turning point was the hot peppers on the subs my partner brought back on Thursday night.

Hmm - I'm having icky stomach flu symptoms so am staying away from spicy.

When I'm in bed, I'm too dazed from the stupid cold meds to do much of anything, but I have to take them because my nose has been running like crazy today.

Oddly enough, a tablespoon of honey has helped my cough more than the store cough drops. Must keep that in mind for future reference.

I just got done with the stomach bug, but am still rather weak. I haven't vomited like that since I was in Mexico. The chili I ate Wednesday night sat there getting more and more acidic as the night wore on. I made it until morning and thought I might try to go to work. After wretching for what seemed like 20 minutes, and then another bout an hour later, it took a few days to be able to eat anything. Even water was out the first day. I'm mostly back to normal now. Still have the damn cough that I picked up around New Years. Doc isn't sure what to do about that. An inhaler made it worse; the TB test and xray were negative. I think the bugs are beginning to mutate, keeping things low enough under the radar of the immune system to spread but not be eliminated.

I seem to have suddenly come down with the flu :(

fortunately being in this freezing cold family room is making me feel much better... my skin no longer feels sunburn though I'm still quite dizzy and achey.

And I'm not puking or anything, the ickyness fighting to get out of my stomach/other organs decided not to fight. yay?