Goodbye Jesus

Mindfulness

joD

Anybody on here practice midfulness/meditation? This was recommended by my psychologist and has proven to be a helpful tool for me. I am learning to live with more awareness and conciousness. I never thought such a simple thing could be so meaningful. Anybody else?

Yes, I am doing shamatha meditation.

• Super Moderator

I agree. It is a useful tool that doesn't have to embrace any religious ideas.

I sit in zazen for about 30-45 minutes before sleeping. Helps with the lucid dreaming.

(raises hand) I have a somewhat informal mindfulness practice. It's the only thing that consistently works when I'm suffering from worry or anxiety or other stressors.

I've been amazed at how my heart has opened up as a result of an almost daily practice. I read a couple of books by Jon Kabat-Zinn for starters. At first, the emotions that would emerge were intense, almost scarey. I kept a journal nearby. My psych said it appeared I was finally grieving over a lot of past stuff that I had "spiritualized" and kept pushed down due to my religious beliefs. Now I was free to grieve over many hurts of the past. I was afraid I'd be there forever, but, now I have to say that when i sit in meditation, it's like a calming of my heart and an opening of my soul. I feel rested and rejuvenated all at the same time. Great to hear from all of you! BTW, you can read my x testimony, Dave posted it yesterday, if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

That's just great to hear joD. :)

I meditate to to certain meditative music on Youtube when I feel I need to. I always find that center in myself that forgives others, and forgives myself.

And also, it's great for relieving all my stress. :P