Goodbye Jesus

Marijuana! Oh Noes!

PitterPatter

Haha, so I just got a very heated email from my dad because he some of my mail forwarded to my parents house and they got a letter from the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), which I'm a donating member of. He didn't know I support changing marijuana policy and his moral compass is screaming "NOOOOO! It's the devil!" He lives in a military base though (retired) so he's afraid of any affiliation with a group like that tarnishing his reputation.

But doesn't he know that his bible has no laws in it against herb? In fact:

Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

But yeah...something that could really help very sick people get some relief from their pain and have an appetite to help build up their strength and ability to fight disease...that's from Satan dammit! Marijuana laws just annoy the crap outta me. It's been proven time and again that marijuana does NOT make people violent, you can't OD on it, and people can do it and still be successful in life. Anyway...there's my rant.

Christians rail against anything that gives pleasure. I'm all for the decriminalization of narcotics provided regulatory laws (like the ones for alcohol) are implemented.

Christians rail against anything that gives pleasure. I'm all for the decriminalization of narcotics provided regulatory laws (like the ones for alcohol) are implemented.

Amen to that. And marijuana is way less harmful than alcohol.

Guest Marty

I used to use that Genesis verse back when I was in high school...but now I have the money to smoke the good stuff, which doesn't have seeds, so now I can't really use that verse anymore...although it is man that prevents the seeds from forming, so I guess it's still good! lol!

:P

But yeah...something that could really help very sick people get some relief from their pain and have an appetite to help build up their strength and ability to fight disease...that's from Satan dammit! Marijuana laws just annoy the crap outta me. It's been proven time and again that marijuana does NOT make people violent, you can't OD on it, and people can do it and still be successful in life. Anyway...there's my rant.
Yeah, but if you claim to need drugs in order to reach spiritual ecstasy with God, then the government has no problems letting you use drugs in your church. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but if you claim to need drugs in order to reach spiritual ecstasy with God, then the government has no problems letting you use drugs in your church. :rolleyes:

This bothers me SO MUCH. I read about this same thing in The God Delusion. These people went to court to try to allow them to use some type of illegal drug so that it would facilitate worship with their god and the court said yes! How unbelievable is that! And there are lots of people out there who could use medical marijuana who have to jump through all of these hoops to get it or who have to suffer because it's illegal in their state. I hope marijuana is legal soon. I'm sick of the lies that are constantly being fed to people to brainwash them against it (like equating it to harder drugs like meth) and how we have a drug that is actually beneficial to people and definitely not anywhere near as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol but it's illegal. I don't even smoke it. The sheer hypocrisy just bothers the heck out of me.

Haha honestly marijuana was what started me on my journey to the truth that led to my deconversion. It was the first time I saw too much evidence to deny that my parents and society had been lying to me... After that realization I got so hungry for truth and started my digging expedition. This is probably why I'm a donating member of MPP...I'm eternally grateful. haha. It's nice to pull the veil away and not fear knowledge for fear of imaginary flames...

The pre-baby boomer generation lumps everything from heroin to weed together as "dope". No distinction between the killer habits and an occaisional joint. :banghead:

I'm a lifelong member of NORML. Good org.

:sing:

Imagine all the people,

smoking dubes as one.

You may say that I’m a pothead,

But I’m not the only one.

I hope someday you’ll join us

And the world will smoke as one.

I can only imagine what kind of revenues our government would rake in if we were to fully legalize weed. I live in Canada and it is one of our most productive industries. How much money would the government make by taxing it?! The possibilities are endless. Hell, I would pay tax on it. My only worry is that legalization and regulation would probably lead to corporatization... and then how do you ensure the quality and purity of what you're getting? Is my fear of the market being flooded with schwag groundless? I don't know enough about all the ins and outs... also I don't need any big businesses adding any extra harmful and/or chemical additives to my bud, thank you so much... I love being able to go a month or more without smoking up and never getting a jones for it. pure enjoyment without withdrawal.

Anyway, that's my ramble about weed.

You know, the thought occurs the tobacco industry is probably heavily invested in marijuana remaining illegal. Damn near every smoker I know would much rather toke a bud than take a drag from a cancer stick. The only thing stopping them is its illegality. Decriminalize marijuana and the tobacco industry would probably go into a nose-dive.

The Feds can claim it is for the common good but the fact remains that prohibition laws are hate crimes against humanity. They are based more upon race than what the drug actually does. The laws were originally created by bigoted old men in the White House that did not like good white boys and girls associating with minorities. Because of this, we have had decades of prohibition against drugs and innocent people being murdered by law enforcement, and drug gangs, over weeds and seeds. Let's hope Pres. Obama gets a pair of balls and puts an end to this carnage!

You know, the thought occurs the tobacco industry is probably heavily invested in marijuana remaining illegal. Damn near every smoker I know would much rather toke a bud than take a drag from a cancer stick. The only thing stopping them is its illegality. Decriminalize marijuana and the tobacco industry would probably go into a nose-dive.

Woody has a point. The tobacco industry has been protected for so long. The U.S. government could use marijuana tax money to pay off the deficit if they chose to do so. Heck, it would also probably stimulate the economy.

The Feds can claim it is for the common good but the fact remains that prohibition laws are hate crimes against humanity. They are based more upon race than what the drug actually does. The laws were originally created by bigoted old men in the White House that did not like good white boys and girls associating with minorities. Because of this, we have had decades of prohibition against drugs and innocent people being murdered by law enforcement, and drug gangs, over weeds and seeds. Let's hope Pres. Obama gets a pair of balls and puts an end to this carnage!

So true...pushing criminilization of particular drugs often had much more to do with the people who were known for doing the drugs than the drug itself. If you even look into the transcripts you'll see awful things said about Mexicans and blacks to create laws. All the rampant lying...

And yes marijuana decriminilization would really hurt the tobacco AND alcohol industry. It's more enjoyable, no risk of over-doing it or addiction, and it doesn't make people do violent things they'd never do sober. I wouldn't be surprised if there are pharmaceutical companies out there afraid that their products would become obsolete if all states allowed medical marijuana too.

So yeah keeping it illegal is a hate crime against humanity and a big civil rights issue. But at least things are starting to look up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0KBQJcYmTY

And yes marijuana decriminilization would really hurt the tobacco AND alcohol industry. It's more enjoyable, no risk of over-doing it or addiction, and it doesn't make people do violent things they'd never do sober. I wouldn't be surprised if there are pharmaceutical companies out there afraid that their products would become obsolete if all states allowed medical marijuana too.

Oddly, even if it were legalized, I'd probably still rather have a drink than toke a bowl. Most people I know feel the same - or they'd simply mix the two.

Hey, they go good together, so why not?