Goodbye Jesus

Why Does Yahweh Hate Salads?

Tabula Rasa

Guest ReligionzBaffling
Most if not all western and eastern religions including Satanists say "Amen" at the end of their prayers (or the root of this word), most are baptized and all have the "holy ghost", could this be an accident... Or a better question is where/when did this word Amen come from and what does it really mean?? And who was John the Baptist and who did he really follow??? No, not Jesus!

You sound like that guy on TV with all those ? marks on his jacket. The get free money guy :lmao: Seriously, did you have a point?

Think of it this way, you Oh masterful Obama you and I would look work well together as we both are full of questions and no answeres but likes to give money to the poor.... :) Give me an Amen!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Abiyoyo

• mwc

• Neon Genesis

• Looking4Answers

I am just saying that I was brainwashed and after I realized that it did not make sense. I realized that many have gone to long lengths to create mush confusion and why?? I do not think religions would do this for fun??

I do not not claim that I am right or that I even know exactly what I am talking about. I did do extensive research as my family would not answer why such a loving God is going around murdering in the OT, among many other evils. And what I found seemed very dark. I am open to all and their thoughts and did not come to make enemies. I have read a lot of what is on this board and enjoyed much of it sarcasm and all.

In any event I am here to learn and get to know others like me that realize that organized religion is not what most claim it to be.

So if I offended or came off wrong,I did not mean to. Now, I hope that I did not win the Satan Thumper Crown??

I got you RB, no offenses here. Welcome aboard! :grin:

Getting back to the OP, Why does Yahweh hate salads?. I really think this verse sums it all up folks :grin: See, God flooded the whole earth, then started His grill up to cook up some of His creation which is sweet smelling savor. After He smelt that grill cooking, He said, I will never flood the earth again, sorry guys.

Gen 8:21

21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

(KJV)

Guest ReligionzBaffling
Have you been reading those Dr. Bronner soap labels again?

You know it only the best for me Dr. Bronner's "Magic" Soaps. Not the original, I make sure to have the "magic" soaps on hand at all times!! Just in case I am in need of levitation or such... I spare no expense!!

Oh, before someone asks, I do not "hit the bong", however I love a good laugh and deep thinking; all done with my own brain that GOD gave me!

This is SOOOO what I was thinking. I had a guy just like you sit behind me in a class in high school. If I wave my hands near your face will you trip out? I find that so entertaining. :)

And why... There are hieroglyphics with helicopters, submarines and UFO connecting them with the 9th planet.

There's not.

Or a better question is where/when did this word Amen come from and what does it really mean??

It comes from the Egyptian word "Amun" for the god of the air (the unseen things). Does that help?

mwc

Guest ReligionzBaffling
Oh, before someone asks, I do not "hit the bong", however I love a good laugh and deep thinking; all done with my own brain that GOD gave me!

This is SOOOO what I was thinking. I had a guy just like you sit behind me in a class in high school. If I wave my hands near your face will you trip out? I find that so entertaining. :)

And why... There are hieroglyphics with helicopters, submarines and UFO connecting them with the 9th planet.

There's not.

SEE ATTACHED
(hieroglyphics in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos) But I guess you are RIGHT. Just in case the attachment does not go through,

Or a better question is where/when did this word Amen come from and what does it really mean??

It comes from the Egyptian word "Amun" for the god of the air (the unseen things). Does that help?

Catholic Encyclopedia online (end):

The word Amen occurs not infrequently in early Christian inscriptions , and that it was often introduced into anathemas
and gnostic spells.
Moreover, as the Greek letters which form Amen according to their numerical values total
99 ( alpha =1, mu =40, epsilon =8, nu =50)
, this number often appears in inscriptions, especially of Egyptian origin, and a sort of magical efficacy seems to have been attributed to its symbol. It should also be mentioned that the word Amen is still employed in the ritual both of Jews and Mohammedans.

Note: Spells equal to 99

Does that help genius, oh one who is always right?? Maybe you should ask your friend for some "special" help...

For a group that is so open you are very damming?? What is up with that! Don't worry I will just leave and find a positive place as I do not want negatively.

Nobody was offended by anything you posted, RZB. It's just we think you're reading a bit too much into the scriptures. And nobody here is damning anyone, we just strongly value evidence.

SEE ATTACHED
(hieroglyphics in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos) But I guess you are RIGHT. Just in case the attachment does not go through,
http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

The website actually explains how the strange hieroglyphs came about. Redaction and modification over time and not the original characters.

The word Amen occurs not infrequently in early Christian inscriptions , and that it was often introduced into anathemas
and gnostic spells.
Moreover, as the Greek letters which form Amen according to their numerical values total
, this number often appears in inscriptions, especially of Egyptian origin, and a sort of magical efficacy seems to have been attributed to its symbol. It should also be mentioned that the word Amen is still employed in the ritual both of Jews and Mohammedans.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that particular part.

For a group that is so open you are very damming?? What is up with that! Don't worry I will just leave and find a positive place as I do not want negatively.

I'm not sure why you condemn a whole group like that. MWC responded in his way, and I think he did it with a little bit of jest, but regardless if he did, I'm not sure that one person's actions warrants an accusation of a whole group being this-or-that.

Guest ReligionzBaffling
Nobody was offended by anything you posted, RZB. It's just we think you're reading a bit too much into the scriptures. And nobody here is damning anyone, we just strongly value evidence.

Thanks, yeah... I agree. Besides so many have been so kind and understanding. I guess I was a tad touchy... I will hang around for a bit, but maybe just read instead of posting for a bit. Thanks again all.

Guest ReligionzBaffling

SEE ATTACHED

The website actually explains how the strange hieroglyphs came about. Redaction and modification over time and not the original characters.

and gnostic spells.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that particular part.

I'm not sure why you condemn a whole group like that. MWC responded in his way, and I think he did it with a little bit of jest, but regardless if he did, I'm not sure that one person's actions warrants an accusation of a whole group being this-or-that.

Thanks and yes as a whole this forum has been very kind to me...

PS - I gave an example of a hieroglyphic with such technology, there are others that date thousands of years ago. Sorry for the bad example, I will have to check the site out more. Several months ago I watched a special on the History channel concerning this very thing, good stuff!! Well, thanks again!

SEE ATTACHED

Okay. And? All I see is a website that says that the hieroglyphs showing the things you mentioned really aren't images of those things at all but only appear that way due to weathering and the like. Meaning there aren't any hieroglyphs of such things as I said.

and gnostic spells.

What does this have to do with the origin of the word?

I'm reading your "note" about the spells but it has no details. How about some info on these "spells?" Perhaps that would let us in on the secret of the origin of this whole thing?

Does that help genius, oh one who is always right?? Maybe you should ask your friend for some "special" help...

So be it.

mwc