Goodbye Jesus

Spam Email From Uncle

Yrth

What the hell, man. Really? Sending me this? Are you looking for a fight? I'm a vindictive person, you know.. or, I can be.. or at least, I think I can be. > < harummph! watch your ass

Do you believe This???

A girl went to her friend’s house and she ended up staying longer than planned , and had to walk home alone.

She wasn't afraid because it was a small COMMUNITY and she lived only a few blocks away..

As she walked along under the bike trail Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger.

When she reached the alley , which was a shortcut to her house , she decided to take it.

However , halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her.

She became uneasy and began to pray , asking for God's protection.

Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her , she felt as though someone was walking with her.

When she reached the end of the alley , she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day , she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there.

Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her , she began to weep.

Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman , she decided to go to the police station.

She felt she could recognize the man , so she told them her story.

The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him.

She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before.

When the man was told he had been identified , he immediately broke down and confessed.

The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her.

She asked if they would ask the man one question.

Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her.

When the policeman asked him , he answ ered , 'Because she wasn't alone.

She had two tall men walking on either side of her.

Amazingly , whether you believe or not , you're not alone.

People will not stand up for God..

Send this if you truly believe in God....

PS: God is always there in your heart and loves you no matter what:

'If you deny me in front of your friends , I shall deny you in front of my Father'

STAND UP FOR HIM

93% of people wont pass this on.... Will you be one of them???

Are they saying if you don't believe in Jesus and God, that they're going to let you get raped? That's just sick. How can xtians honestly believe this shit?

Nah, its less than that and more. Just another nod to solipsism & superstition. Oh, & to the damselle in distresse formula.

I've been considering responding with something like, "Thanks for this, now every time I read about a rape I'll be sure to thank God for the safety of the person who *almost* became a victim." I chuckled a bit, but I wouldn't send it. Not phrased like that, anyway.

I would generally delete this crap. However the story is so urban legend it's ridiculous! I would respond to your uncle on this one. Raise the bullshit flag high! There are absolutely no identifying aspects to the characters in this story. You can probably go to snopes.com and find a similar story. There are always variations to the same story. What pisses me off about it is that so-called christians (pusnuts) pass this shit off as a true stories when there is not any shred of evidence that this actually happened! In other words, passing off outright lies and half-truths as the truth! Drives me up the wall! :banghead:

An e-mail HOAX is what your uncle sent you. I am bombarded with these things. If one friend gets it in his mail then I get it from everyone too. Almost all of them end like this '93% of people wont pass this on.... Will you be one of them???', or something similar. They are not true stories or they are exaggerated so that someone is saved by their ever persevering trust in the Lord! Well fucking halleluiah! Fiction is fiction. I have my e-mail box to delete all FWD* files that come through my e-mail. The * is a wild card that will delete a file with anything following the FWD in the event it was forwarded more than once like FWD-FWD, etc. I got one forwarded to me one time that had been forwarded perhaps 20 or 25 times before it got to my e-mail and that was when I added the FWD*, in the subject line, to my e-mail spam filter. I still get a couple hundred e-mails a day but less Jesus-loves-you crap.

Tell your uncle that if this crap is true, then you want a copy of the newspaper article or police report to prove it.

I don't even know where to start with this. It's obvious that this is a hoax and it's full of logical fallacy. One that sticks out in my mind is how she knew what the guy looked like when she passed by him in the dark and how she knew that it was definitely this guy who raped the girl. He could've left and some other guy could've come along. She doesn't know that. If this happened to me, I might tell the police that I was in the same alley and I saw a guy there, but I wouldn't be arrogant enough to pick the guy out of a lineup unless I got a really good look at him and I knew that he could've done it. There's no way this lady could know. There's a possibility that the guy didn't do it but is pleading guilty for whatever reason, too, letting the actual rapist go free. Of course, it's not real, and it does nothing more than highlight the stupidity of walking down an alley at night alone and how xians are prone to thinking irrationally and jumping to conclusions that may be erroneous. I would respond to your uncle and at the very least tell him that you don't want him to send you these kind of emails anymore. How you tell him would depend on your relationship with him and if you want to keep that relationship, but I would tell him something if I were you.

Heyy thanks for this, this is what I'm going to respond with. That is if I can ever select it..

What the hell, man. Really? Sending me this? Are you looking for a fight? I'm a vindictive person, you know.. or, I can be.. or at least, I think I can be. > < harummph! watch your ass

Do you believe This???

Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her.

When the policeman asked him , he answ ered , 'Because she wasn't alone.

She had two tall men walking on either side of her.

93% of people wont pass this on.... Will you be one of them???

Oh my f*** Sole :Doh: So it is Extremely impressive that she was the one who wasnt raped, but it IS quite alright if anoda gal got raped in her place :vent:

Now why da hell didnt god stay there, while being so close and only help the other gal, could it really have been so much trouble, or did he have to rush of to the

next prayer request, praying for a car or sumthing small like that for their birthday hah?

As far as this sh!ttish religious spam goes, the moment I see:

Please dont delete this before reading.....

Prayer ........

Amazing Nature creations ......

I HIT da delete button!!!!!

And how freaken STUPID can some people be: "....Forward this to atleast 10 people, nope not in an hour, no no not in 30 minute, BUT within the next 10 minute

or you would regret it!!!!! " FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF........ and this are the people who says they believe in god and they dont believe in superstitious crap :Wendywhatever:

Sorry it irritates the living **** outa me!

Take care guys :-)

"A girl" in "a small community"... Reminds me of the movie "The Life of Brian" where he is trying to tell parables.

BRIAN:

There was this man, and he had two servants.

ARTHUR:

What were they called?

BRIAN:

What?

ARTHUR:

What were their names?

BRIAN:

I don't know. And he gave them some talents.

EDDIE:

You don't know?!

BRIAN:

Well, it doesn't matter!

ARTHUR:

He doesn't know what they were called!

BRIAN:

Oh, they were called 'Simon' and 'Adrian'. Now--

ARTHUR:

Oh! You said you didn't know!

BRIAN:

It really doesn't matter. The point is there were these two servants--

ARTHUR:

He's making it up as he goes along.

This story sounds a bit like Chicken Shit for the Soul.

Er, oops. I mean, you know...

:HaHa: That's a good one. I'll remember that.

I guess you were supposed to rejoice in the way the lord operates: allowing that other woman to get raped 20 minutes later, who otherwise would not have, in response to the first woman's prayer.

This story really pissed me off for all of the reasons mentioned as well as being an excellent example of how society likes to blame the victim. That other girls should have prayed, and she wouldn't have been raped. I honestly can't say whether it being fictional increases my frustration or not.

This one's been going around for years. I remember seeing it mentioned in some stupid Christian book.

The rapist is really "god" and if you don't constantly ask for his protection he'll fuck you good.

mwc

The rapist is really "god" and if you don't constantly ask for his protection he'll fuck you good.

mwc

LMFAO TRUE TRUE OR THE PRIEST WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP OUT :grin:

Reading this "heartwarming" story truly brings back memories. What I mean by that is, I recall some years ago the pastor of my church using this story in one of his sermons. At the time I was a Xtian and bought into everything I was told and didn't really question. I was moved, just like everyone else was. Now I see the same story, posted here as an Uncle's spam-mail, and I can't help but lose just a little more respect for the church. I used to think my pastor was really into his ministry, and genuinely cared about the congregation, but now seeing this....I can't help but think his other inspirational stories were lies too.