Goodbye Jesus

Please Help Me.

Guest cutie

Guest cutie

I have not been a christian for very long but thinking of leaving as it does not seem quite right to me.

The thing is I am scared of burning in Hell.

Is Hell real? or is it a scare tactic?

It's definitely a scare tactic.

Ask yourself, how can you feel pain, or burn even, without a body? How can your spirit be consumed by fire? And why would a good and loving God do such a thing even if it was possible?

scare tactic

Guest cutie
It's definitely a scare tactic.

Ask yourself, how can you feel pain, or burn even, without a body? How can your spirit be consumed by fire? And why would a good and loving God do such a thing even if it was possible?

Thank you.

• Super Moderator

Fear is the primary tactic of control used by the cult. A close second is guilt.

You might want to investigate the numerous threads on Hell here, and check out some skeptic and atheist sites for in-depth treatment of the subject.

Meanwhile, your intellect may grasp the absurdity and impossibility of Hell as taught to you, but likely it will take some time to lose the emotional baggage the teaching has inflicted on you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I have not been a christian for very long but thinking of leaving as it does not seem quite right to me.

Whatever you are going through right now is exactly what you need to go through in order to define your beliefs and ultimately find the true love and acceptance your heart desires. I suggest contemplating the concept of hell in depth and attempting to understand why this concept scares you so much. If you're a Christian, avoiding Hell is easy, right? If you don't believe the teachings of Christianity, you have nothing to worry about because Hell does not exist. Either way, you have nothing to fear.

Welcome to the forums, Cutie.

Don't be shy about asking questions -- even very detailed and specific ones. Almost everybody around here is all too eager to let you know their opinion. :) (Mine, btw, is also "Scare Tactic." Very very scary tactic... 'cause those work better.)

Good luck!

Guest QuidEstCaritas?

Hell is fearing Hell.

*hugs*

Phanta

That is so true in so many ways it's not even funny.

I for one refuse to allow myself to be mindfucked by a linguistic means of control teh "Church" in any age and people in government going straight back to antiquity have used for ages. Just because some of them throughout the ages haven't been fully conscious of what they are doing isn't necessarily an excuse either.

Hi Cutie and and also welcome here with us and HI ALL

Cutie, yeh like all already said, it is very natural for you to feel this way and you believe me, we ALL experienced it!

Please check this link:

http://exreligious.com/exchristian.html

go right down to the video clip and watch "How do we know that xtians are delusional" was a real eye opener to me aswell and also the info above it

to read and the rest of ExReligious.Com very informative

A few weeks ago before I joined this forum I googled religion on wikepedia, please check all the explanations of superstitions etc, it explain a lot

about human kind. Yeh sure, I saw a post of a xtian who told someone to please not mention wiki cause it couldnt be trusted, but it could also be them being ignorant,

delusional and scared to face the truth???

I for one, think that anybody who ever decide anything in life, must make an informed decision, so I read as much as I can about a topic, untill I can get to the answer

which really makes sence and be realistic. (Cause by now we all know sense for one doesnt necessarily mean the same to the next) 1+1=2 and if I get 3 or 4 thats totally

wrong! To all delusional people it is cool to get 3 or 4, they dont even bother asking Y..Y...Y....Y....Y....., thats exactly why we are on this forum, the religios answers didnt add up!

Also check out Willybilly's blog on Bible verses, very kewl

I can only say, read, read and read untill you get your answers!

Good luck !!!

The more and more I thought about Hell, the more it didn't make sense.

If I know I'm in Hell, then I know I'm dead, so I don't fear death anymore. It might be uncomfortable to feel burning and other tortures, but wouldn't you just get used to it after awhile...it would probably get boring. What if you began to like it? Would they have to send you to heaven to 'punish' you?

Of course, not to mention that fact that there is no evidence of a supposed spiritual realm whatsoever.

Mark Twain said, "Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Hell is a scare tactic highly popularized by Jonathan Edward's notorious sermon "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" and is as real as the Boogeyman.

People are more closely bound together when they have something in common to fear. I call it the Circling the Wagons syndrome. Hell is the old reliable standard but nowadays the cult of christianity continues to find new things to literally scare the Hell out of people. Things like Harry Potter and Chris Angel.

It's snake oil, steer clear of these lunatics and take care of yourself.

Hi Cutie:

God is just right? He is all knowing also. Right? That means he knew exactly what choices you would make before you were born yet he chose to allow/cause you to be born anyway.

If you are/were a parent, would you choose to conceive a child if you knew that child would be guaranteed a life of unconscionable suffering? If you did, wouldn't that be selfish at best and downright evil at worst?

How then is god just?

Free choice is just nonsensical apology for a concept of god that is utterly depraved. He chose not only to create hell, but he chose to allow you to be conceived and he, the all powerful, all knowing being that he is, couldn't find an alternative plan that didn't involve massive suffering for those he supposedly loves.

The whole doctrine doesn't make sense and is full of contradictions when examined more closely.

Mark Twain said, "Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

I know I will much prefer the company of the Ex-C members over the church folks. And, I like to sweat... :) If there's a hell, it suits me just fine!

(Please note: I am not at all concerned about it. I don't believe it for one minute!)

Ask yourself this. Do you believe everything someone claims when it is followed by a threat of punishment for skepticism or denial? I'm sure you will find the answer is no. Are you afraid of other religions because they threaten you with punishment? For years, the fear of the possibility of hell kept me from totally getting past Christianity, but just because something would suck if it ends up being true doesn't give it any more credibility. Just think about the concept of a loving god torturing people for eternity because they can't find any genuine reason to believe in him. Think about the concept of him torturing people even if they do believe in him but don't want to worship or acknowledge him. Does that sound loving to you at all? Do you really think a god would care that some stupid, little creature doesn't kiss his ass? Does that sound realistic? Does that sound like a god who actually feels any kind of love towards people? To me, it sounds insane, and once I realized it was insane, I lost all fear of hell.