Goodbye Jesus

What The Fuck?!

GraphicsGuy

OH MY GOD! This is frickin' idiotic!

http://www.believethesign.com/

And where did I come across this jewel???

FACE-FUCKING-BOOK!

God...the site is just a blithering mess ever since the shitty redesign.

I totally agree with you Mark. The redesign of Facebook absolutely sucks...I hate it. Why is it that all these big sites change their designs to look crappier?? I upgraded the Windows live Messenger and it is shocking. So bad. I warn anyone not to do it. Who does all this and thinks...hey yeah that looks great? :Doh:

I used to get ads on Facebook all the time for churches in my area, even after I changed my religious views to atheist. I started giving the ads a thumbs down rating and saying that they were offensive and I haven't gotten any since. They did make me mad, though. I don't know why that crap is on there, especially if you're listed as an atheist.

I canceled my account on Facebook.

I don't understand facebook ads....at all. Mine are flooded with propaganda against Spain's nuclear energy facilities.

Anti-Nuclear propaganda

I admit though that a religious ad would probably piss me off even more than the ones that offer ringtones or dating sites.

I went to the site, and just glanced, in one part it says somethign to the effect of and angel told him "Don't never defile your body"

... really? an ANGEL said "don't never"???

I used to get ads on Facebook all the time for churches in my area, even after I changed my religious views to atheist. I started giving the ads a thumbs down rating and saying that they were offensive and I haven't gotten any since. They did make me mad, though. I don't know why that crap is on there, especially if you're listed as an atheist.

As things go, I think "atheist" may generally be listed under the category "religion." How about trying to list it under "social" or "people"?

I'm not on Facebook so I don't know what the options are. Or maybe I am but I never use it.

I went to the site, and just glanced, in one part it says somethign to the effect of and angel told him "Don't never defile your body"

That angel aint got no good engrish. Most of the ads I see are directed towards lesbians and misc. products.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing when I saw that.

If you don't like the ads, you could try using ad-blocking software. I use a Firefox extension called Ad Block Plus. It doesn't always block the text links that come with the ads, but it gets rid of the corresponding images. Without pictures to draw my attention, I have to go out of my way to read the text in order to figure out what the ads are about (most of the ads I've noticed are about Apple products since I own a Macbook.)

Facebook redesigned about two months after I designed. It's terrible. I hardly use it anymore because I can barely find anything. WTF guys? Hopefully they'll re-design it again sometime soon and take all the negative feedback into account.

That said, ugh, religious ads... don't they get enough advertising from the nutjobs on street corners anymore?

I guess it keeps the site free. Either way, Firefox + Adblock Plus = win.

I did not choose a religion on facebook, so I haven't seen any religious ads. Still, I don't think religion should be advertised at all. I only joined facebook because my dad did, it's not my real blog.

Guest Marty

From my understanding, English is one of the few languages that does not allow double negatives. Spanish, for example, allows it. Perhaps in god's origional language double negatives are allowed? Anything is possible with god, you know... :shrug:

Huh. I never see any ads of any kind on FB at all.

But then, I have an adblocker add-on installed on my browser, so maybe that does it.

From my understanding, English is one of the few languages that does not allow double negatives. Spanish, for example, allows it. Perhaps in god's origional language double negatives are allowed? Anything is possible with god, you know... :shrug:

If memory serves me well, a double negative in French equals a positive.

I use Facebook all the time, and I just ignore them. The redesign is fucking stupid.