Goodbye Jesus

Do You Think All Religions Should Be Outlawed?

Guest Windstorm

I absolutely think that religion should not be outlawed.

I will choose your third © option.

No religion should be outlawed so long as it is non-imposing.

but, tell me, what religion out there, does NOT impose upon their children to continue in the religious traditions of their parents?

That would be the ONLY outlawing i would agree with, removing the right of anyone to impose.... which is a form of usurping their "free will"

I do think that there should be some form of age restriction like a movie theater or maybe a bar or club.

That way adults would still have the right to choose any nut-brained belief they desire, but at the same

time it would protect the most vulnerable among us from being subjected to the brainwashing that

afflicts so many in our society.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vomit Comet

• Vigile

• Skeptic

• sharkindeepwater

You think so? History post-Reformation shows religious dedication waxing and waning, with society in England and later in North America being generally secular although officially religious) with occasional spikes of religious revival.

America itself was founded in part thanks to a religious revival -- the first settlers were an overly-religious sect of Protestants fleeing persecution in England. Of course, there' more to it than that but the Puritans weren't some nice families in funny hats, they were pretty much a hard-core cult that irritated the other less-fanatical "Christians" in England.

My point is that I figure we're starting a decline from the peak of pseudo-religious madness which grew under Bush Jr. People are just about tired of religious phonies telling them how to vote, and maybe a rational, level-headed tone set by the presidency will have an overall calming effect.

The percentage of people who go to church in America was at its all time high in the early 1980s, if I'm not mistaken. It was shockingly low in the late 18th century. Fundyism as a share of the American churchgoing population has also been rising steadily since Revolutionary times. It's not as much of a roller coaster as has been traditionally believed.

The Churching of America

If a government has the power to outlaw religion, then that same government could assert the power to force religion on the unwilling. Keep government out of the arena - completely.

My answer is simple.

Like cigarettes, forbid advertizing. No platform, no news.

No Pope travel news ! Turn the lights off !

No evangelical shows !

No coverage, period !

Broadcasting corporations should be forced to publish the following notice:

Until all religion-based conflicts on the planet are resolved no further public representations of religious nature or proselytization is permitted.

However if you want to smoke in a church you can do so freely :lmao:

Guest QuidEstCaritas?
You think so? History post-Reformation shows religious dedication waxing and waning, with society in England and later in North America being generally secular although officially religious) with occasional spikes of religious revival.

America itself was founded in part thanks to a religious revival -- the first settlers were an overly-religious sect of Protestants fleeing persecution in England. Of course, there' more to it than that but the Puritans weren't some nice families in funny hats, they were pretty much a hard-core cult that irritated the other less-fanatical "Christians" in England.

My point is that I figure we're starting a decline from the peak of pseudo-religious madness which grew under Bush Jr. People are just about tired of religious phonies telling them how to vote, and maybe a rational, level-headed tone set by the presidency will have an overall calming effect.

The percentage of people who go to church in America was at its all time high in the early 1980s, if I'm not mistaken. It was shockingly low in the late 18th century. Fundyism as a share of the American churchgoing population has also been rising steadily since Revolutionary times. It's not as much of a roller coaster as has been traditionally believed.

The Churching of America

That's very interesting, and you would know.

Guest agnosticforever
It is my solid belief that every religion should be done away with in the future for the good of society, as well as the illogical individuals who practices it. Period. However, if you had to choose between the following three options concerning religion, what would be your choice?

a.) All religions in general should be outlawed and abandoned.

b.) Only harmful religions should be outlawed and abandoned.

c.) No religion should be outlawed as long as it's non-imposing.

I believe c no religion should be outlawed as long as its non imposing. The reason is because if we outlaw all religions they will begin to think of their persecutions and how true their faith is blah blah blah and for freedom sake which they do not understand since they try to shove their concepts of god down our throat.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is, religions are made up of ideas and beliefs. You can't outlaw an idea or belief unless you have the Thought Police.

My answer is b.) Only harmful religions should be outlawed and abandoned.

Outlawing the practice of a religion is doable. If a religion becomes harmful, it is a cult. You can't force the people to stop believing but you can outlaw the practices which are harmful and at the very least make the religion no longer a threat to anyone's personal safety.