Goodbye Jesus

Copycats

Guest Hailodin

Guest Hailodin

Christianty is basicly a copy of paganism,so why don't you christians do the right

Thing and return to the religions of your forefathers and forget all this one god and turn the other cheek stuff like I did.

Hail Odin!!!

Guest Windstorm
Christianty is basicly a copy of paganism,so why don't you christians do the right

Thing and return to the religions of your forefathers and forget all this one god and turn the other cheek stuff like I did.

Hail Odin!!!

Yeah, I just found this out recently and it really surprises me given the fact of how much they detest Paganism, the very religion from which Christianity originated.

Hail Odin!!!

I second that emotion. :ditto:

I, Myself, am perennially dealing with the ignominious trauma of having My very own holiday co-opted by Christianity. (See sigline for details) Fortunately, therapy involves the consumption of copious quantities of Cadbury Mini-Eggs.

Guest Hailodin

The image of " white Jesus" I heard is based of the statue of Zeus at olympos or was modeled after Sigurd mighty Nordic dragon slayer

I wish they would. Paganisms alot more tolerant and peaceful.

Many Christians don't even realize that their religion takes an awful lot of imagery from the pagans. Some do realize that, so they refuse to celebrate any holidays.

Guest Hailodin

my question was that christianity is paganism but oppresive and hateful, so why don't the Christians disband and return to the pagan religion of their ancestors

Because "of course" these things are all just lies from saaataaan :lmao:

I think I even heard the lunatic claim of "saataaanic prescience" once... ya know, saaataaan designed his cults that way because he knew that the One True Cult™ looks like that too and so it can then claim "mine's the original" blah yadda blah :P

Aaah yes morontheism... the greatest prank goo' ol' Loki ever played on humanity. *grabs his mead horn and praises Thor*

Welcome HailOdin.

I think I'll have to consider myself a Neo-Pagan in a specific sense, since I believe there is some sort of higher power, but I don't believe it's the mean old bastard of the Bible.

Therefore, I'll put an image of my own choice on this higher power and exclaim:

Hail Sakura! Lord of the Stars!

1211619611663-1.jpg

Hailodin, I've been pondering your question some more. I'm not quite sure why heiðinn beliefs aren't a more common option, but I can hazard a guess or two:

- As Thurisaz pointed out, many people have been told that pagan beliefs are Evil with a capital E.

- Monotheism, with its single deity, offers more authority and less ambiguity. I think that this would be a positive factor for people who prefer black-and-white thinking and definitive answers for everything.

- The monotheistic religions are, for the most part, very bland in their presentation and have the outward appearance of something sensible and mainstream, as opposed to the merry mayhem and bright colours and mythological fantasia of the polytheistic realm.

Aaah yes morontheism... the greatest prank goo' ol' Loki ever played on humanity. *grabs his mead horn and praises Thor*

(shakes head) No, I don't think Uncle Loki's *that* evil, Thurisaz. :lmao:

But I'll join you in that toast. (raises own horn of mead) Skál!

I want a religion that gets me laid.

Which version of paganism will do this best?

Guest Net Eng

Ah, a kindred spirit!!!

A religion that can get men laid would be popular indeed ! :wicked:

OK, ladies... I know... men are scum...

Ah, a kindred spirit!!!

A religion that can get men laid would be popular indeed ! :wicked:

OK, ladies... I know... men are scum...

There is the Temple of Aphrodite

I wish they would. Paganisms alot more tolerant and peaceful.

uhm ... human sacrifice here and there ... but uhm, yeah I guess you could call them peaceful if you are on their side. I'm not certain if there is a religion that has not performed human sacrifice or caused genocide.

How the heck did we ever lose the temple of Aphrodite? Damn Christians. I hear Satanists get laid in kinky ways, but I just can't buy into the rest of the hooey. Maybe we could start a religion. Someone tried calling his swingers club a church, but the fact that he took money made the cops raid the place. Remember that. No money, just sex.