Goodbye Jesus

Need To Vent!

decafaholic

I just dropped my boyfriend off at work. As I was rounding the corner to his workplace, he told me he's planning on going to our campus's weekly Jesus-fest on Thursday night. Not surprising, he usually goes. I very good-naturedly asked 'You don't mind going to church 3 times a week?" He asked if I was critisizing him and I said 'No, no, you can like it if you want to, that's fine with me." Then, this phrase left his mouth:

"He spends all day with me, every day, 24/7 so I don't mind spending time with Him." I almost vomited. But I didn't show any reaction. I just said "ok." and changed the subject quickly.

I just CAN'T STAND the whole attitude of, Oh Jesus my wonderful savior has done SO MUCH for me I could NEVER repay Him!!! Bull. Shit. Just say you like going to church. I can handle that. Tell me you like the music or your friends there or the food afterward or whatever just DON'T hand me a Christian bumper sticker! jesus Christ...

Okay, I feel a little better now.

• Super Moderator

That little exchange would have made me want to puke.

Good luck with that relationship!

... preach to him the Glory of Chaos?

'You don't mind going to church 3 times a week?"

"He spends all day with me, every day, 24/7 so I don't mind spending time with Him."

So which is it? 3 times a week or all day 24/7?

If jesus is there 24/7 then no need to go to a special building for anything. If you have to go to a special building then they're only together 3 times a week for a few hours.

mwc