Goodbye Jesus

So They Think I Have A Decieving Spirit

Guest faithhopelove

Guest faithhopelove

I told my friend I don't believe anymore today. He told me I have a decieving spirit. What the hell is with all these christian scare tactics...how did you all deal with it?

Wow... That sounds like slander to me. Essentially he's accused you of being a liar.

Personally, if someone calls me a liar, they have a lot of explaining to do. Suffice to say that the so-called friendship would be immediately put on hold... If not ended altogether.

There are a few ways you could respond to this: Not discuss religion with this person at all; reiterate your lack of faith, and ignore the "deceiving spirit" line; demand an apology that you may or may not receive; wind the relationship back to an acquaintanceship, and not entrust him with any personal information; or just cut him off. There may be other possibilities... Anyone?

So you either are a demon or on their side....

Keep a cool head if the subject comes up and if they fail to see the stupidity in their argument, change the subject. If it gets really bad, get new friends.

I told my friend I don't believe anymore today. He told me I have a decieving spirit. What the hell is with all these christian scare tactics...how did you all deal with it?

Scare tactics are the stock in trade of Christianity. If you don't buy into the notion of original sin, Satan, hell, eternal punishment, guilt, shame and all the rest of it, the whole fucking thing falls apart. Christianity cannot exist without those things. If they don't have that, they have no lever over you---no control mechanism.

• Super Moderator

It's just Christobabble. If you don't think as they do, then the debbil has sent one of his demons to deceive you. If it weren't for the debbil playing dirty, you'd believe the Truth as they do. After all, it's so obvious to them, it would take supernatural intervention for someone not to see it.

Guest faithhopelove
It's just Christobabble. If you don't think as they do, then the debbil has sent one of his demons to deceive you. If it weren't for the debbil playing dirty, you'd believe the Truth as they do. After all, it's so obvious to them, it would take supernatural intervention for someone not to see it.

I know exactly what you mean! but they never see that obvious point... it is so hard. A part of me really wants to be able to believe and go back to "normal", but I really just don't believe... I think God will understand and not send me to hell. My God doesn't just send people to hell if they don't accept Christianity...I don't think my God really cares about peoples theological debates. But obviously to them...my god is fake and theres is real. Diesm is where it is at. Why not base beliefs on what is proveable...as opposed to what is "revealed"..

• Super Moderator
Diesm is where it is at. Why not base beliefs on what is proveable

Okay . . . wanna give it a shot?

I told my friend I don't believe anymore today. He told me I have a decieving spirit.

You do. It's called your brain.

mwc

Eh. It's a very simple way to save himself from having to hear anything that change his mind; because you are demon-possessed, 1. you are completely wrong and 2. you are trying to lie to him.

I would suggest not even trying to talk to any of them.

In olden times he would have followed up with a visit from the inquisitor, some permanently injuring tortures, and if you didn't see the error of your ways, death. Can't have you persuading the minds of others, now can we?

Reason is deception, lies are truth, slavery is freedom, freedom is rebellion, love personified damns to eternal fire, normal is sinful.

Religion is a mental illness.

The only correct response to such a statement is laughter. Anyone who makes such statements is not worth having a polite discussion with. I would no longer use the word "friend" to describe one who claims you have a demon because you happen to disagree with them.

I guess it goes without saying that when you tell people of your deconversion, you have to be prepared to lose a few "friends." So, I say, stop the conversation. You don't need to defend your position, or to justify it to them. Just be yourself and let them wallow in their own christian babble.

You can always reverse it on them and say that it is they who have the deceiving spirit.

Guest faithhopelove
Diesm is where it is at. Why not base beliefs on what is proveable

Okay . . . wanna give it a shot?

yes, how can I?