Goodbye Jesus

Were You Born Into Christian Homes?

dB-Paradox

yes,

both my parents and grand parents, I don't know to many of my relatives, because I was rather isolated as a child,

I was withheld from school by my Christian mom and was intended to be taught by her but she became severely schizophrenic and my father became more obsessed with his faith and work, and sometimes would not come home

my only regular ventures outside of my home out in the rural areas of South Georgia was to church 3 times a week, both my parents were on the worship team, although my mother stopped going anyway when she became sick and I became the object of her mental abuse,

I had almost no social involvement in my childhood except in church, church was the only thing I was apart of and to ad insult to injury the church barely had any other kids as it was slowly struggling and loosing people,

when I broke out of my home I found myself totally unprepared and freighted of the world,

its been a rather painful growing up as I take each step towards progressing myself,

and leaving my religion was the latest step in my progress of building my character and discovering who I truly am and actually living who I am no matter what everyone thinks of me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hereticzero

• R. S. Martin

• Seeker630

• Vomit Comet

Since I was raised by my grandparents...it's a little nutty.

My grandma raised me a little as a Baptist Christian. Yet we went to Catholic Churches. >.> I don't get it either, other than they are the nicest in our area, I guess.

She's a little new age, but back then it was pretty tolerable. I still hold on a few beliefs, but I'm not coerced into any system anymore. But now, grandma has gotten worse with age. If I don't believe in some of her crazy revelations, she considers me stupid, my soul lost, and wants me out.

Good thing too, I'll be moving when I turn 18 with this one guy as a roommate. And I'm having a polygamous relationship anyway. xD What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Or my bf...but that's personal business, and yet I love showing people a gist of it as an example. lol

Step-grandpa believes in God, but he never has enforced his beliefs onto me. He's always able to except my ideas and we live peacefully on that.

So...see the better example? lol :P

For the most part, yes.

My parents were nominal Christians before they converted to the weirdness that is the Assemblies of God.