Goodbye Jesus

I Told My Parents....bad Idea

Anna

Guest Marty

Eating pizza and getting drunk every night sure feels right to me too, but when I blew up to 230 lbs, I realized it really wasn't all that good for me.

But it sure felt right to me.

about the friend who was buddist, turned xtian....

It's a good thing I don't DRIVE (fast)

or EAT (lots of junk)

or WORK( not today!)

in a way that just "feels right"

Christians are notorious for following what they assume is the holy spirit, base on how it feels!

But it sure felt right to me.

Mmmmmmm... pizza and beer. Praise Jesus, maybe that's what I'll do tonight!

Guest Marty

Dammit Vomit, I've been fighting with the idea of ordering a pizza tonight and watching some of the Planet Earth DVDs I'm borrowing from a friend. Now I think I'll just have to do that! Esp. since that fucking text I just ranted about over there!

:D

Well, I ended up going to a Salvadoran restaurant instead. Had some pupusas and a plate of cow tongue. Mmmmmm mmmmm good.

Well, I ended up going to a Salvadoran restaurant instead. Had some pupusas and a plate of cow tongue. Mmmmmm mmmmm good.

You can buy cow tongue somewhere? I'm hungry! Had it on the farm all the time but stores don't carry these goodies.

You can buy cow tongue somewhere? I'm hungry! Had it on the farm all the time but stores don't carry these goodies.

Go to a Mexican or Central American grocery store on this side of the USA and you'll find it, no problem.

Well, you could turn church into a giant study :).

Take notes of things that interest you during service, take your time in finding proof that what they're saying is false. I say, read the bible along with them, but remain to think for yourself. However, don't try and complicate your life too much at this point. Understand this life that your parents want you to lead, and further strengthen your knowledge on why you don't want to lead the same life.

But that could be boring and monotonous... I definitely agree (by experience) that coming out to your parents -- without a fallback plan / or people to rely on, during your period of dependence could be dangerous to your quality of life (again by experience)...

Don't be too hasty on destroying everything, as it could be dangerous to your well being. Having been in your position at about the same time, I was forced to live with my older sister (who was in no position to care for me) when I had just turned 17. There's a time for outright disdain and forward-moving atheism, and there's a time to play it smart and play the right cards.

Just be smart Anna, take things in stride, understand that they are only pushing you further away from this true 'god' of theirs. Be as honest as you can to yourself, but please, take care of your mind and don't let them "pray" over you -- or try and influence you in any way for your decision.

Stay strong, you've got some tough times ahead! Just remain true to yourself, and TAKE CARE OF YOUR MIND.

If you have any questions, concerns, the forum will always be here. But having been in your position before, I may be able to help you by experiencing the 'school of hard knocks' once before.

Take care!

Just a hearty "amen" to MatG's comments! :D