Goodbye Jesus

How Involved Is Bible God In Death?

TexasFreethinker

As the school boy said, "Faith is believing what you dang well know is a bald faced lie!" Your rmythologyion can't even agree on what century your god was born in, much less what he said on the cross or who found the tomb open...LOL - Heimdall :yellow:

Uh, did you just lose the point, or are you that slow? Ya gotta have faith, faith, faith :sing:

:sing:

Today is the greatest

Day I've ever known

Can't live for tomorrow

Tomorrow's much too long

I burn my eyes out

Before I get out

the best part is that there is no tomorrow it always turns into today therfore no tomarrow aint thatcool

No, I didn't loose the point, I just told you that faith is believing what you dang well know is a lie...faith does not make the lie true, just the faithful fools. So when was your god born? - Heimdall :yellow:

You will find out on death's door brother...

Yep, I am going to request that the Creator let me sit in on your explanation of why you wasted your life following what is patently an evil and false religion. I do like waffling and tap dancing...LOL - Heimdall :yellow:

If you requeast he will let you, the only waste is the part of life seperate from GOD, the whole world is full of evil, and false religions i don't know waffling and i can't tap dance, but i do know the truth and religion is false

No, I didn't loose the point, I just told you that faith is believing what you dang well know is a lie...faith does not make the lie true, just the faithful fools. So when was your god born? - Heimdall :yellow:

Are you afraid of something Heimdall? Do you have a point? Why do you wish to make me appear stupid?

• Super Moderator
but i do know the truth

I'm sure you do. Thanks for sharing your unique insight.

Now go line up behind all the others.

GOD did not Kill those people on the plane or in the building, man did and if you really look at cancer it was probably some thing that man made that causes cancer, so then again man caused it.

How can man make anything that doesn't really already exist? Are you saying man have the power to create things from nothing, just like God?

Smoke from burning wood can cause cancer. Which means that the carcinogenic material already exists in nature. Unless you believe Man created Nature.

GOD CREATED US TO PROCREATE NOT CREATE AND TEND HIS GARDEN (HEAVEN) UNTIL MAN QUITS TRYING TO CREATE AND THINK HE CAN CREATE, WE (HUMANS) WILL NEVER BE TRULY PROSPEROUS, and we will continue to pollute and contaminate what he has given us charge over. and that will lead to many more deaths that has mans (humans) mark.

If God made us in his image, and his image is to be a creator, then we are by God's creation creators. Unless you want to declare that God made a mistake.

Are you afraid of something Heimdall? Do you have a point? Why do you wish to make me appear stupid?

I have no fear, my Creator has no Hell to administer infinite torment for finite sins, my point is that your religion is a farce that managed to grab the attention of a Roman Emperor (which doesn't mean it is the truth, just that the Emperor was a fool) - else it would be only a footnote in history, You need no help at that...Heimdall :yellow:

I have no fear, my Creator has no Hell to administer infinite torment for finite sins, my point is that your religion is a farce that managed to grab the attention of a Roman Emperor (which doesn't mean it is the truth, just that the Emperor was a fool) - else it would be only a footnote in history, You need no help at that...Heimdall :yellow:

And you are a real tribute to your creator's reputation....

but i do know the truth

Wow. Someone who knows the TRUTHTM. That's never happened before!!!!!!

Obviously, gawd is only involved in the good kind of death, not the bad kind.

And you are a real tribute to your creator's reputation....

Just as you are for your mythological deity...LOL...Heimdall :yellow:

Guest RougeWolf22
I'm interested to hear from christians what level of involvement they think the christian god has in death.

Does he plan each person's death precisely or is it a matter of letting nature/circumstances take their course? Or does it work some other way?

For example, on September 11, 2001 were the people killed in the terrorist attacks put into the planes and buildings by god (including the terrorists who died), or were they there by chance? What about children who die of cancer? Is that god's plan or just the course of nature?

Simply put, free will, free death. As a whole I believe that God know all and can do little, but shows some people the future or maybe just knows the future and tries to guide it the way he wants things to go. But then again I believe that God, and, to a lesser degree, the human soul is an advance(it's hard to define) verison of energy, they can minorly influence the physical world and maybe in certain instances manipulate things like the weather(like the Flood in Old Testament) or maybe(and a big maybe!) created the Big Bang.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DD2014

I find it hard to belive that "Satan" had anything to do with the Sep11 attacks. My reason for this belief is baced on the bible. In the bible "Satan" is responsable for only a handful of deaths and they all occur in the story of Job (read Job chapter 1). "God" is responsible for every other death in the bible (directly or by proxy). So it can be assumed that the death which occurs every second is connected to "God" in one way or another.

Guest Aspentroll

I f the xtian god controls absolutely everything wouldn't he/she control when we die? That being the case he/she would control the Abortion Doctors at their clinics. Why then are the fundamentalists so opposed

to their god working his powers in this instance?

I got goosebumps when i realized that moving one letter would change Santa into Satan. Do you think that might have been a message from an invisible friend?

BTW, Constantine was no fool. I dont' think he was even a believer, except perhaps in the sense that George W. is a believer. He recognized the growing power of Xtianity and wanted to use it to help unite his empire, just as other kings and emperors have done with other religions in other eras.