Goodbye Jesus

Believe

today

To Believe in the Bible,Christ and God.

Does that make you a Christain.

Generally, yes, although things get hairy between denominations when you start cherry picking what parts of the Bible you wish to believe in. But that is what most Christians would say.

Christian means follower of Christ, so if you worship and follow Christ's teachings, that is what you are.

It sounds to me like you are really having issues with the label "Christian" because it has negative connotations to you. If that is so, ask yourself what are the problems you have with it? Make a list of pros and cons and decide if the cons outweigh the pros or not. It's not as if Christianity is the only religion on this planet, although they would like to think they are.

I suggest trying this quiz to see in what areas your spirituality falls into, and researching those topics. Good luck in your search.

Belief-O-Matic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• today

• Astreja

• Neon Genesis

• mwc

in this thread i have been labeled, judged, called names, cussed and analized.

Amethyst, there are alot of religions just like christiainity, mwc you were wrong this is my last reply in this thread, you guys have already tired of this thread, but i did recieve some wisdom out of it. not much truth but i really didn't expect a whole lot after the first few reply's.

mwc i will try to lay it out for

before the begining we were in God and in the end we will end in God,

God has a body he said so on 2 differant times, he said so Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. It says his spirit not God, and then this Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

if we have a body and a spirit then if we are in his image, he has a body. thats just 2 wittnesses but there are more, there was no world wide flood it was regional if it was world wide and the event happened around 2285 to 3000 b.c. why dont the pyramids of 4000 b.c have evidence of the flood, they do not. and the grand canyon shows no proof ether, thats 2, there are more, i do not discount the bible. Jesus is Gods son, he was born a of a vergin, he was not killed by any one he gave his life for us, he did not leave any tomb with his old body he was given a new one, to be absent from the body is to be with the father is not scriptural, it is not even in the the bible, go look for your self, when your body bdies, your spirit sleeps, until Jesus calls us, at heavens 1000 year rein on earth with out the adversary, and Jesus' work was so complete that we will all gather together when heaven is on earth, he died for all sins past ,present and future, sorry to disapoint so many, there is no literal hell, but there is a fire that cleanses all the chaff away, i could go on and on here but like i said we are all tired of this thread, no one was able ti prove or disprove the queastion so i think iwll just keep the answer

I still want to know why I'm supposed to be afraid of a hell that isn't even literally real.

mwc i will try to lay it out for

before the begining we were in God and in the end we will end in God,

God has a body he said so on 2 differant times, he said so Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. It says his spirit not God, and then this Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

if we have a body and a spirit then if we are in his image, he has a body. thats just 2 wittnesses but there are more, there was no world wide flood it was regional if it was world wide and the event happened around 2285 to 3000 b.c. why dont the pyramids of 4000 b.c have evidence of the flood, they do not. and the grand canyon shows no proof ether, thats 2, there are more, i do not discount the bible. Jesus is Gods son, he was born a of a vergin, he was not killed by any one he gave his life for us, he did not leave any tomb with his old body he was given a new one, to be absent from the body is to be with the father is not scriptural, it is not even in the the bible, go look for your self, when your body bdies, your spirit sleeps, until Jesus calls us, at heavens 1000 year rein on earth with out the adversary, and Jesus' work was so complete that we will all gather together when heaven is on earth, he died for all sins past ,present and future, sorry to disapoint so many, there is no literal hell, but there is a fire that cleanses all the chaff away, i could go on and on here but like i said we are all tired of this thread, no one was able ti prove or disprove the queastion so i think iwll just keep the answer

I see. I'm glad you've put it all out there but now that you have you've decided to not participate any longer. Obviously saying this up front would have saved a lot of time and effort instead of the old guessing game as to what constitutes a "True Christian" and all that goes along with that. You hold some non-orthodox beliefs. Good for you. Speaking from experience there isn't too much here that I've not seen before (really just the mix is a bit different but nothing earth shattering). Perhaps if you were to go deeper into your thoughts I might find I am mistaken with my assessment.

I'm sorry your attempt to have us see the difference between the "traditional" take on xianity (as varied as that might be) and what your personal take on xianity is as two different things didn't work out. As for me, I don't believe in a "christ." Any "christ." I won't be a xian no matter what the spin is on it. I am not a follower of a christ. I am not "christ-like." I've no worries. The "jesus" that was supposed to have been the "christ" appears to have been invented so I don't follow him either. No "jesus." No "christ." Certainly no "Jesus Christ." Define them as you please I've no need for them.

As for a flood. Sorry, no. Why build a boat and put all animals on it to avoid a local flood? In the same amount of time, if not a far less amount of time, you could simply tell those people and animals that you wish to have survive to remove themselves from the danger zone. Problem solved. This did not occur and instead we read of a far more ridiculous solution to the problem. Building a boat. Having animals come from everywhere to be on the boat. Food and water storage issues for all on board. And on it goes. A local flood is only slightly less workable. And if you're imagining the Black Sea flood, well, even the wikipedia page has been updated to reflect that theory for old Noah is likely a bust. Have you even heard of the Epic of Gilgamesh? Look it up.

I'm not going to bother with most of the rest of what you've said. You can't demonstrate things such as "spirits" so it's a waste to try to debate them. But check the very end of Revelation. Look it over really closely (in the Greek if you can). The "new" stuff...isn't. It's just "new to you." Next. Once all the people are tossed in the fire (which I could care less if you find it literal or not) and things are supposed to be all great here. Just look there. At the end. There are still liars and the like (I'm not going to list them all) standing outside Jerusalem. They can't get it. This is referring back to before the fire but to that time. When the good people can come and go in and out of the city but those listed cannot. They still exist. How? The "chaff," as you put it, were burned away but now they're back. A mystery? Not really.

Anyhow, I don't expect any answers since you've said you've hit the road but sometimes people say one thing and do another. I imagine you may read the follow-ups to your swan song at the very least so you'll have a couple of new thoughts to try to work out in your personal version of xianity.

mwc

how is supporting evidence decided to be true.

man when i read things like your second post, the lack of schooling leaves me in the dust and by the time i go through all those words we will be days past this post but i will check it out.

There's your problem right there. I'm sure your are very street smart and could out survive most of us here on the street. If I were to find myself homeless I'd come to you for knowledge. But for finding out what is real in the realm of religion, you are not the source.

Maybe the idea of "Jesus" helped you get out of drugs. If you need that idea to improve your life, this is not the place to hang out.

Guest StaunchAgnostic
Maybe the idea of "Jesus" helped you get out of drugs. If you need that idea to improve your life, this is not the place to hang out.

This is the perfect place for anyone with that background to hang out if they feel they're willing to take another step towards yet another good station in life.

The responses strangely resemble chatbot behavior.

Sensors indicate trollery.

This is the perfect place for anyone with that background to hang out if they feel they're willing to take another step towards yet another good station in life.

I agree this is the perfect place to hang out to help sort out the next step for oneself as we move through our stages of sorting out life, but I think what Chef is saying is that someone finding support for the use of that symbol here is a tough sell. Any use of that symbol of Jesus as religious inspiration is what the majority of people on the site are moving past because of the negative significance it has to them.

That said however, my experience here has made me observe that a lot of people who come holding out their mainly Evangelical Christian beliefs here are doing so for many other reasons than trying to convert people back. Many times I see them testing their beliefs against those from the same backgrounds who have dared to take that next step, seeing if they can make those belief stand for themselves in a crowd other that just "yes men". Its driven by their own sense of its inherent weakness for them and their hoping to find something for themselves in those beliefs they can continue to hold on to. Many end up changing their original views in many ways as a result, or leaving their faith altogether; which is what they came to personally confront here in the first place.

Others may still hold to their views, but find the company of those willing to see beyond the lines that their churches force them to view the world within, to be more to their liking. We have several regular Christian posters here who fit that. And finally those who are simply self-centered kids who come trying to stroke their own egos for Jesus that they went in and stood up against them evil atheists, believing that Jesus has a crown in heaven for them to reward them for their insensitivity. They are easy to spot as they block every thought from anyone, offering only stock responses that they memorized (which indicates their greatest weakness that they fear having any original thought of their own on which to make choices for their life).

In short, I agree this is the perfect place for those who are growing and challenging their beliefs, but not a place where they will find support for those symbols of the past. I always love quoting the Bible in these contexts... "When I was a child, I thought as a child, but now that I am mature, I've put away childish things." Most here are putting away their toy trucks and looking to get into real ones they can do actual work with. :)

BTW, welcome to the site. :)