Goodbye Jesus

My Awesome New Easter Tradition.

Insanity personified

I was sitting in my room bored off my ass today, when a thought popped into my head. If Easter is supposed to be the day where Jyaaayyyzuz popped out of the tomb and floated up into heaven....what better way to celebrate the occasion than by watching zombie movies!

so I watched Sean of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, 28 days later, Resident Evil one and two, and a really old one, the name of which I forget....my girlfriend stopped by, and thought it was a great idea, so we made an evening out of it. Romantic huh? :grin:

what do you all think?

Hah! I have to agree and I think I may try to make that a tradition with me as well! I happen to like a good (or bad?) zombie movie ;) .

All hail to the undead zombie son of the big sky daddy!

I've been watching horror movies on Christian holy days for a long time. I love it! What's actually kind of fun (If you've got the stomach for it...) is to get somewhat inebriated on something interesting and watch the movie with the sound off while listening to some jackass damned preacher. It's often quite amusing how the damned preacher's bullshit matches up with what's going on on the screen.

But only if you've got the stomach for it.

That's not a bad idea. I only have one zombie movie in my dvd collection, so I may just stock up for next year.

Heh, my roommate and I popped in the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead Sunday night (couldn't find the original Romero, unfortunately) with our neighbor and a friend over. Many zombie Jesus jokes were had. It was good times.

Oh wow, you guys are too clever!

I have not decided what type of tradition to build for my Easters.

For the first 17 years of life I was drug to a sunrise service at 430 am, followed by Easter Sunday School, followed by a 5 hour church service, followed by more church "school" followed by everyone asking me to come to Jesus followed by an egg salad sandwich where eating the eggs should remind my mouth to love Jesus somehow. This would be followed by a video about the Easter Bunny being Satan in disguise to lead children away from the Tomb on Easter.

Then I did nothing for a few years.

I'm ready to do something fun, darn it! Zombie movies seem as good as anything.

• Super Moderator

You guys are all going to H E Double Hockey Sticks.

You've got to say it right, florduh.

U R GWAN 2 HAIL!!!

It's alright, Florduh, I'll save you a spot by the fire.

Somebody needs to make a movie based on that section of the Bible where the dead come back to life while Jesus is crucified. In the movie, they are zombies (like in the image that Loren displays here) and they go about starting to eat people like zombies in movies do. Heh! Zombies in the first century with Roman soldiers cutting their heads off with their short swords ;) .

I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

What woody said! :D

Last year we did something like this with friends. The flicks in question were "Fido" and "Black Sheep", the second being a tongue-in-cheek flick about killer zombie sheep from New Zealand. Our hostess made a luscious roast leg of lamb with rosemary. We decorated the table with impaled zombie Peeps.

Much fun was had by all. :)

Well I'm driving, and my friend Kara's bringing donuts. Wanna come? :grin:

Well I'm driving, and my friend Kara's bringing donuts. Wanna come? :grin:

Thanks, that's a nice offer. But I already have a chauffeur. It's whoever this guy is who's carrying this hand basket.

My wife and I decided to waste some zombies on Easter. Resident Evil 5 happens to be the perfect revenge after 15+ years of forced Easter services and one forced viewing of The Passion. Ironically enough, The Passion is just as gruesome as any zombie flick I've ever seen. Zombie Jeebus has nothing on those damn Lickers, though...

I prefer Left 4 Dead, personally, but so long as you're wasting zombies in some capacity it's all good.