Goodbye Jesus

The Crucifixion

PandaPirate

Guest Marty
But what does criticism against Acharya has to do with the topic then? No one brought up her in their arguments (as I could see).

Marty mentioned her. That's it, nothing more.

Btw, ad hominem means "attacking the person instead of attacking his argument."

Yes, I did. Along with saying that I didn't take her seriously. All I said was that she was the first person to expose me to the astrological aspects of xtianity. I did not use her as an authority, a source, or anything. I merely said...

I think I had first read about all this with that Arycra S. woman or however you spell her name, and I do realize she is not the most respected, to put it lightly.

Why you thought I'd be interested in reading apologetics based on that sentence is beyond me...

I read that the crucifixion is really symbolic (obviously) of the Sun dying on December 21st underneath the constellation of The Southern Cross.

This makes so much more sense than the idea of a "loving" god sending an innocent person to die for humanities sins (which god would ultimately be responsible for anyway.)

Anyone know something about this symbolic idea?

I came across this a while ago and found it interesting in a "Lincoln/Kennedy" kinda way.

(that old, tired tie-in with all the abstract similarities)

http://members.cox.net/deleyd/religion/index.htm