Goodbye Jesus

"we Can Only Do Things Leaning On God's Strength..."

LilaMae

Why are Christians SO insistent upon this? I have been reading the blog of a Fundamentalist Christian woman for about 2 years now. She is pregnant with her third child (her other 2 being very young), she runs 3 intelligent-sounding blogs, runs a home business near single-handedly...

But whenever she thinks that somebody may think she is being "prideful" for doing these things, she writes a piece on how they must never forget that she could *never* do these things herself, she has to lean on GOD to do it, or she would probably end up jumping off a cliff or something. For heaven's sake! Why can women like that never take credit for themselves?!

Nevermind the fact that people who AREN'T Christians do this stuff too, without turning into sobbing wrecks.

It has to do with the misogyny and the wearing down of their self-esteem that they are co-dependent on god to the point of just being mindfuckingly in denial of giving themselves a pat on the fucking back. Because, everyone should know, of course, EVERY ACHIEVEMENT IS DUE TO GOD!! NOT POSSIBLY FROM HARD WORK!! Because she's a WOMAN!!

Also, you have to remember that when something in their lives goes wrong as the result of their irresponsibility, it's not their fault, it's THE DEVIL!! Whereas people who aren't christians either kick themselves in the ass and learn from the mistake or wallow in the misery.

EDIT: Reading that makes me want to walk outside, find a christian, and punch a christian. Thank you.

Why are Christians SO insistent upon this? I have been reading the blog of a Fundamentalist Christian woman for about 2 years now. She is pregnant with her third child (her other 2 being very young), she runs 3 intelligent-sounding blogs, runs a home business near single-handedly...

But whenever she thinks that somebody may think she is being "prideful" for doing these things, she writes a piece on how they must never forget that she could *never* do these things herself, she has to lean on GOD to do it, or she would probably end up jumping off a cliff or something. For heaven's sake! Why can women like that never take credit for themselves?!

Nevermind the fact that people who AREN'T Christians do this stuff too, without turning into sobbing wrecks.

There is the old quote God helps those who help themselves. Which I take to mean that instead of expecting help from above, that a person helps themselves with their "God" given body and mind. While the idea of getting divine help sounds good, even if it existed, it's far more satisfying to know that one has overcome adversity or achieved an objective without any help. When we are children, father and mother might help us by showing us how to ride a bike, but the true satisfaction comes when we become able to ride it by ourselves, the training wheels having been cast aside.

It's unfortunant that this woman, and so many like her cannot accept that their success, comes not from any god, but from their own sweat and labor.

It has to do with the misogyny and the wearing down of their self-esteem that they are co-dependent on god to the point of just being mindfuckingly in denial of giving themselves a pat on the fucking back. Because, everyone should know, of course, EVERY ACHIEVEMENT IS DUE TO GOD!! NOT POSSIBLY FROM HARD WORK!! Because she's a WOMAN!!

Also, you have to remember that when something in their lives goes wrong as the result of their irresponsibility, it's not their fault, it's THE DEVIL!! Whereas people who aren't christians either kick themselves in the ass and learn from the mistake or wallow in the misery.

EDIT: Reading that makes me want to walk outside, find a christian, and punch a christian. Thank you.

I like your style..heheh :P

Some of you women on this site give me such awe and wonder. I am amazed at the capacity of assertiveness you carry and only dream about having half of that in my life. Well done!

Why can women like that never take credit for themselves?!

Brainwashing is a powerful monster. So is the human capability for self-deception.

The same also applies to men. Christian men can not take all the credit when they are successful.

There is the old quote God helps those who help themselves. Which I take to mean that instead of expecting help from above, that a person helps themselves with their "God" given body and mind. While the idea of getting divine help sounds good, even if it existed, it's far more satisfying to know that one has overcome adversity or achieved an objective without any help. When we are children, father and mother might help us by showing us how to ride a bike, but the true satisfaction comes when we become able to ride it by ourselves, the training wheels having been cast aside.

While I agree with you, Fundamentalists, unfortunately, treat that quote with disdain because it doesn't come from the Bible. As we know, organized religion is about the organization, not the individuals who follow the religion. They want their followers clinging to church rhetoric, relics, rituals, and a mindset they cannot do it on their own.

It's what keep the organization strong. Unfortunately, it's also what keeps the followers weak.

One of my pet peeves. From the football player praying in the end zone to the struggling families' heroic efforts to keep food on the table, nobody does a damn thing without gawd's help.

No wonder the world's so fucked up; gawd is too busy fixing football games and blessing a pot of beans.